Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I've always felt the fishing should have a chance at skilling up whenever you had to put an input for the mini-game on top of when you reel in. Before the change to fishing you could get to about 1/2 stamina and still be able to pull in the fish with less likelihood of your line or rod breaking, but now if you try that you're almost guaranteed to snap them. It's a different kind of craft, but the food to help skill it up is locked behind an event wall or if you have the Lu Shang to do RoV quests (Which if you already had it, then most fishing would be way easier anyway). But then that poses a different problem, do you focus on the Moat Carp to finish said quest and blow all 200 fish on that or try to get some skillups? Either way, I've never been a fan of how harvesting crafts were treated in this game (limits/fatigue/etc.). But those are just my feelings.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 09-07-2017 at 08:18 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    I've always felt the fishing should have a chance at skilling up whenever you had to put an input for the mini-game on top of when you reel in. Before the change to fishing you could get to about 1/2 stamina and still be able to pull in the fish with less likelihood of your line or rod breaking, but now if you try that you're almost guaranteed to snap them. It's a different kind of craft, but the food to help skill it up is locked behind an event wall or if you have the Lu Shang to do RoV quests (Which if you already had it, then most fishing would be way easier anyway). But then that poses a different problem, do you focus on the Moat Carp to finish said quest and blow all 200 fish on that or try to get some skillups? Either way, I've never been a fan of how harvesting crafts were treated in this game (limits/fatigue/etc.). But those are just my feelings.
    I have 2x Lu Shangs, have not done the quest. Bless the gobbiebox for giving me 2x broken ones. :3
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Yeah, the harvest crafts in this game always were junk.

And it seems that the developers are/were well aware of it, too, because they gave us Mog Garden.

Sometimes I think that instead of Mog Garden, they should have given us changes to HELM + Fishing so that it doesn't absolutely suck. If you could actually get more than pebbles and copper ores from mining, we wouldn't need the mining node at our Garden.

But it seems they were more on the thoughts of "Well, mining sucks, so let's give them a mining node at the mog garden to help with the fact mining absolutely blows!"
    (1)

Character
    Esmrambo
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The advanced guild representative recoomends fish 16 levels above mine. So, is SE wrong or misleading?
    (0)

Character
    Esmrambo
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You can't skil up much with a limit of 200 fish per RW day. What other crafts have a limit to how many synths you can do in one day?
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by esmrambo View Post
    You can't skil up much with a limit of 200 fish per RW day. What other crafts have a limit to how many synths you can do in one day?
    Catching 200 fish is roughly 4 hours of fishing. You fish 4 hours a day?
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    The advanced guild representative recoomends fish 16 levels above mine. So, is SE wrong or misleading?
    Here's the thing you can attempt, and even catch and/or skill up on fish literally 80 levels higher than you. You can't even attempt that in a real craft and you can't skillup on breaks that are iirc more than 5 levels higher than you (and for that matter break rate gets pretty high at that point). I've gotten 8 levels in that 200 limit before the skillup food existed in a couple of hours of fishing of pure profit instead of paying to skillup. Also remember the 200 limit is just actually catching the fish
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Fishing is undeniably terrible but the reason it's terrible is because there's no profit it in it. Your skill-up progress may be limited on a per-day basis but you shouldn't be spending all your in-game time fishing anyway.

Also, the very first response in this thread mentioned Pelican's Ring. Has OP gotten one? Fish Rankings cycle every 4 weeks. It should be trivially easy to get these days.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Also, the very first response in this thread mentioned Pelican's Ring. Has OP gotten one?
    Not sure if OP is aware or not, but Fishing skill up rings stack, add on top of that Fishermans Feast food. That's 3x skill up bonuses right there.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Not sure if OP is aware or not, but Fishing skill up rings stack, add on top of that Fishermans Feast food. That's 3x skill up bonuses right there.
    Pelican's Ring is also frequently available for 1000 login points, (will be available in September, as will Fisherman's Feast for 750pts,) is only EX so you can have more than one in your inventory, and is POL sendable so you can snag some from mules if you need more.

OP: You can't compare to low level synthesis crafting either, since they changed it so 1-70 is nearly guaranteed skillups IF you are using the appropriate recipes to skillup on. At 71+, skillup rate slows down greatly, the final 90+ stretch can cost a fortune, and would be much more comparable to fishing skillup rate at that point.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 09-09-2017 at 02:06 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast