Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Esmrambo
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Fishing is the WORST craft to do.
    Every other craft I can do unlimited synths. Fishing you are limited to 200 fish per day.
    Every other craft I have done, and I have all crafts at 50+. A 0.1 out of every 10 synths would be atrocious and not acceptable.
    Fishing TOTALLY SUCKS.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by esmrambo View Post
    Fishing is the WORST craft to do.
    Every other craft I can do unlimited synths. Fishing you are limited to 200 fish per day.
    Every other craft I have done, and I have all crafts at 50+. A 0.1 out of every 10 synths would be atrocious and not acceptable.
    Fishing TOTALLY SUCKS.
    It's not designed as a craft as such. This is why SE enables you to level fishing AND a mainstream craft too.
    (1)

Character
    Esmrambo
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Guild recommends wrong fish

I am fishing level 77 and the guild says that I should catch Silver Shark which has a skill cap of 76. Why?
    (0)

Character
    Esmrambo
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    It's not designed as a craft as such. This is why SE enables you to level fishing AND a mainstream craft too.
    Then why does SE have it under crafts?
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Where else are you going to put it? It's not a Combat skill, it's not a Magic skill... are you going to make an entirely new menu button for 1 item?
    (0)

Player
    Fishing is classified similarly to Chocobo Digging, HELM, and Synergy. None of them qualify as "crafts" as far as anything in the game is concerned.
    EX: Kupo Shield does not give skill+3 to any of them, even though it has "All crafting skills +3".
    EX2: You can fully max out digging, fishing and synergy without affecting synthesis craft skill levels.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Esmrambo
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Cooking is a craft but isn't related to any other craft skill. There is a disjunction in crafts.
    (0)

Player
    Cooking is a craft but isn't related to any other craft skill. There is a disjunction in crafts.
    Cooking is a synthesis craft, and does have at least a few recipes that have subcrafts IIRC. As far as the definition goes, a "craft" would be something that uses crystals + materials to make a finished product. There is no disjunction here.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    real crafting uses crystals and materials. Fishing you just need a rod and some bait and the sky's the limit. When you factor in cost and availability of material regular crafts aren't exactly the fastest to level either. That said even before various updates to increase skill gain rate you could cap fishing in under a month so not exactly that slow. Heck if you were crazy you could even skill up all day at some portions if you know how
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    real crafting uses crystals and materials. Fishing you just need a rod and some bait and the sky's the limit. When you factor in cost and availability of material regular crafts aren't exactly the fastest to level either. That said even before various updates to increase skill gain rate you could cap fishing in under a month so not exactly that slow. Heck if you were crazy you could even skill up all day at some portions if you know how
    While I get what you are trying to say... lately with crafting, you can easily level several crafts with a minimal, 1-70, in a matter of a few hours, and yes this includes time to gather materials. Some crafts you don't ever have to leave the guild and you will eventually make your investment back, and then some if you do it right and smart. You only need crystals (which you can get from sky by the loads).

Fishing, however, there are no quick routes. You're going to be spending hours upon hours, Pelican Ring or not.

Not to mention, you have a ceiling of 200 catches per day, and if you're absolutely lucky as crap, you might get Level 20 within those 200 catches, maybe. More like 15 in actual practice from what I've seen.

And given that the average catch can sometimes take upwards of 3 minutes (waiting, "Didn't Catch Anything", junk catches you escape out of, etc), you're also looking at 600 minutes or 10 hours to do all that fishing.
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast