Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Any TH beyond TH3 literally doesn't matter. You should be NIN/WAR and WAR/THF for KI farming, then MNK/WAR and THF/anything(or any job/thf with a th+1 item on for at least 1 enmity action on the boss) for killing the ring NM during blunt blue proc.
    Statistically, higher TH does matter. The only type of thing that TH doesn't matter on would be guaranteed lotto slots (ex: King Behemoth's D.Ring vs Pixie.) We don't know the precise mechanics behind how TH works, and in my experience there do appear to be diminishing returns, but you will get more drops overall with TH8+ than w/ TH3. My THF/war can hit all procs except for katana, g.katana, and g.sword (since I haven't done the Master Trial for the only all jobs one,) and gets most pop items w/in a few kills, so it really does average out to ~20min per boss pop. By comparison, WAR/nin w/ capped merits would only gain easier access to Freezebite (g.sword) and Tachi:Jinpu (gk) but would give up TH8+. You still need an additional skill+9 for katana and skill+20 for g.katana, which is not super simple to get. Even when RNG slaps me around with several katana procs in a row, the increased drop rate on pop items compensates with rapid repops.

I've also seen much better results relying on TH8+ than on yellow procs for the upgrade items like seals, and better results w/ THF/sub than JOB/thf. In general, THF/war will be your best bet for farming aby solo as long as you've already collected all the weapons necessary.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 08-28-2017 at 04:23 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    We do know the mechanics behind TH.
    TH1 = 50% chance of another roll chance
    TH2 = 100% chance of another roll chance
    TH3 = 150% chance, aka 100% chance of another roll chance, 50% chance of a 3rd.
    TH4 = 151% chance.
    TH5 = 152%
    TH6 = 153%

We've known this since before abyssea.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 08-28-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    We do know the mechanics behind TH.
    TH1 = 50% chance of another roll chance
    TH2 = 100% chance of another roll chance
    TH3 = 150% chance, aka 100% chance of another roll chance, 50% chance of a 3rd.
    TH4 = 151% chance.
    TH5 = 152%
    TH6 = 153%

We've known this since before abyssea.
    I have read every posted piece of research on this that I've been able to dig up, but have not once heard this ludicrous theory before. Source please. ^^ Preferably post-proc system implementation as well, since there is always the possibility that TH functionality was changed at that time. (I doubt it was changed personally, but eliminating obvious possible issues would be a good thing.)
    (2)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 08-28-2017 at 05:30 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    How did this turn in to talking about Treasure Hunter? Please .. please, try not to derail the thread any further.

So I'm still looking for players on Cerberus. I'm cool with others from other low-populated servers advertising their groups here. Asurans go to ffxiah.com and recruit there already .. it happens there on a very, very regular basis so it doesn't need doing here either.

Please start your own threads if you want to discuss other subjects. This is a serious post which is still trying to get some kind of acknowledgement from the moderators and SE. Not expecting it like .. but it beats harrassing the SGMs or repeating it in /yells.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    How did this turn in to talking about Treasure Hunter? Please .. please, try not to derail the thread any further.

So I'm still looking for players on Cerberus. I'm cool with others from other low-populated servers advertising their groups here. Asurans go to ffxiah.com and recruit there already .. it happens there on a very, very regular basis so it doesn't need doing here either.

Please start your own threads if you want to discuss other subjects. This is a serious post which is still trying to get some kind of acknowledgement from the moderators and SE. Not expecting it like .. but it beats harrassing the SGMs or repeating it in /yells.
    Dude, what do you expect to happen?

You post here asking for "more players on Cerberus" and then talk about trying to get it noticed by SE. What do you want them to do, snap their fingers and make people magically roll new characters on Cerberus? lol. And even if they did, it would be months until they got up to any status where they could be of any use to you in Endgame, because you know, working for charity or paying it forward is not something MMO players typically do (which is part of what was discussed in this very thread). Even Lv99 players are told to go home if they aren't good enough, but yet those same people who are telling Lv99 players to go home because they don't have gear, experience, or know their job inside and out are sitting around whining about not having enough players to clear content.

Well, MAYBE... if you would try to HELP people get up to that level, then MAYBE you would have more people to do stuff with, ne?

Now yes there are some newbies and there are some noobs and it is going to be difficult to tell which a player is within the first 5 minutes. That's why you, *gasp*, invite them, do a few easier bits of content like Delve or something and see how well they learn, how well they react, how much effort they are willing to put in. Give them 1 month time and if they won't shape up/learn/etc, THEN kick them out.

If they do start shaping up and becoming better, hey, guess what? That's one more player you can put some effort into helping and then.. *boom* another player to help you get stuff done. Wouldn't that be nice?

But nope, most endgamers would rather sit on their high horses, sighing wistfully wishing there were more people as good as them to help them clear content, but they forget that there was a day when they themselves were newbies and they had to climb the ladder, too.

They want all the rewards from the newest endgame, but yet they don't want to have to put any teamwork into helping players get up to that content so that there's enough people to do said content. It's just stupid and backwards logic. It's an MMO. You know, that thing where people are supposed to team up to overcome challenges? Nope, they're just gotta sit around moaning and complaining there's nobody to do anything with even though there's probably several dozen Lv99 players who would like a shot but are never given the time of day.

But yelling at SGMs or trying to get moderators to notice this is NOT going to fix the problem whatsoever.
    (3)
    Last edited by Aysha; 08-29-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    You have until Aug 31 to move to asura for 10$
    (2)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishr View Post
    You have until Aug 31 to move to asura for 10$
    ^ To the OP, this. Just make the move. No one is going to move from one dead server to another. People pay a premium to play this MMO because the majority want interaction with groups which are more easier to build and come across on a more active server.
    (1)

Character
    Kukiki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Before you move make sure more population is really what you want, I've already come back from Asura.

Population was fine, Carbuncle was dead on shouts, In Asura you could even see shouts discussing about politics.

The problem is fitting in the group, finding a linkshell open minded enough to join events with the jobs you want to play (tho if you play blu, pld, whm, geo you'll be fine)

The best that could happen is a world merge but that doesn't seem to be going to happen.
    (2)

Character
    Kylos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Dude, what do you expect to happen?

You post here asking for "more players on Cerberus" and then talk about trying to get it noticed by SE. What do you want them to do, snap their fingers and make people magically roll new characters on Cerberus? lol. And even if they did, it would be months until they got up to any status where they could be of any use to you in Endgame, because you know, working for charity or paying it forward is not something MMO players typically do (which is part of what was discussed in this very thread). Even Lv99 players are told to go home if they aren't good enough, but yet those same people who are telling Lv99 players to go home because they don't have gear, experience, or know their job inside and out are sitting around whining about not having enough players to clear content.

Well, MAYBE... if you would try to HELP people get up to that level, then MAYBE you would have more people to do stuff with, ne?

Now yes there are some newbies and there are some noobs and it is going to be difficult to tell which a player is within the first 5 minutes. That's why you, *gasp*, invite them, do a few easier bits of content like Delve or something and see how well they learn, how well they react, how much effort they are willing to put in. Give them 1 month time and if they won't shape up/learn/etc, THEN kick them out.

If they do start shaping up and becoming better, hey, guess what? That's one more player you can put some effort into helping and then.. *boom* another player to help you get stuff done. Wouldn't that be nice?

But nope, most endgamers would rather sit on their high horses, sighing wistfully wishing there were more people as good as them to help them clear content, but they forget that there was a day when they themselves were newbies and they had to climb the ladder, too.

They want all the rewards from the newest endgame, but yet they don't want to have to put any teamwork into helping players get up to that content so that there's enough people to do said content. It's just stupid and backwards logic. It's an MMO. You know, that thing where people are supposed to team up to overcome challenges? Nope, they're just gotta sit around moaning and complaining there's nobody to do anything with even though there's probably several dozen Lv99 players who would like a shot but are never given the time of day.

But yelling at SGMs or trying to get moderators to notice this is NOT going to fix the problem whatsoever.
    You really don't know me at all. You judge and assume I sit there all day asking for players, when in reality I help a lot of players and have done so for years (ever since the Hades days in '04, thirteen years). I've helped people through all kinds of content when I didn't need anything from it. Assuming I am one of those players is a giant slap in the face. Why are you assuming I am this kind of player? I am not "on my high horse", or "yelling at SGMs", none of that is true. I had a great conversation with the SGM.

I am only looking for acknowledgement. I am not looking for a miracle, nor am I expecting any immediate action. There's a shortage of players in general .. it's not specific to one group. I totally don't mind helping others grow .. because I'm always helping others grow. That's my thing, and it's always been my thing. Now I get back to the game to help people get equipment, vorseals, and clears. I get back to helping players do Domain Invasion. I get back to see how players are progressing, and see if we can team up with others so they can get things done. I'm always helping with party setups and strategies. I keep my members updated, and I'm reaching out for new players to join us almost daily. So don't judge please, unless you know me personally.

PS: None of us are moving to Asura. This is our server, this is where we are, and this is where we play.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kylos; 08-31-2017 at 06:31 AM.

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    You really don't know me at all. You judge and assume I sit there all day asking for players, when in reality I help a lot of players and have done so for years (ever since the Hades days in '04, thirteen years). I've helped people through all kinds of content when I didn't need anything from it. Assuming I am one of those players is a giant slap in the face. Why are you assuming I am this kind of player?
    I never said -you- were, or at least that's not what I meant. I was talking about the endgame culture as a whole, the vast majority are like that. Maybe you are the exception, and if you are, that's good to hear, but sadly there's just not enough players like that around. My apologies if you took that personally; it really wasn't meant as such.

I am not "on my high horse", or "yelling at SGMs", none of that is true. I had a great conversation with the SGM.
    Well, ok, "yelling at SGMs" might have been the wrong phrase... I meant "paging them repeatedly" or something along those lines.

I am only looking for acknowledgement. I am not looking for a miracle, nor am I expecting any immediate action. There's a shortage of players in general .. it's not specific to one group. I totally don't mind helping others grow .. because I'm always helping others grow. That's my thing, and it's always been my thing. Now I get back to the game to help people get equipment, vorseals, and clears. I get back to helping players do Domain Invasion. I get back to see how players are progressing, and see if we can team up with others so they can get things done. I'm always helping with party setups and strategies. I keep my members updated, and I'm reaching out for new players to join us almost daily. So don't judge please, unless you know me personally.
    That bit I tacked on about people not helping other people was more of a rant at the endgame community itself, and not aimed at you personally. I have seen other people who, like you, post stuff like this, but some of those very people turn around and point their Seattle Space Needle noses up in the air at newbies because they ain't "good enough" and it's a sore spot with me. My apologies if I worded that in such a way that you took it as a jab at you specifically; it was not.

PS: None of us are moving to Asura. This is our server, this is where we are, and this is where we play.
    You're of course free to do that... but I still am not sure what your goal was in trying to address this to SGMs or even the developers unless you're asking for server merges of some of the lower population servers (which I think should happen, to be honest). Nobody should be merged with Asura, but yet I think they could take 3-5 of the lowest population servers and merge those together, and it would make everybody's play experience better IMO.

EDIT: Also I'd like to again apologize for any snark or snipping in that post of mine you quoted.. I was not having the best of days and it kinda leaked out into my reply. These last couple weeks RL have been hectic and such, and that CP campaign screwed up my sleeping schedules, and now I got problems at RL work because of a couple problem employees, blah blah. I just want things to go back to normal, lol. But it was wrong of me to dump that in a post in reply to you, and I'll apologize for that.
    (0)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast