Character
    Edelfelt
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Additional Macro keys please

So far we got Ctrl + Numeric key and Alt + Numeric Key. How about putting something in the middle, were we can assign a macro with just pressing the number keys that way we have 10 extra macro slots .
    (0)

Player
    Unfortunately, I don't think that would work, as the non-modified number keys are needed for typing.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think that would work, as the non-modified number keys are needed for typing.
    I suppose you could do Shift+ unless the game is wholly unable to differentiate whether or not you are typing... like... If the text input box has focus, do not pop the macro bar when shift is pressed.

But yeah, if not, then it would be impossible to use shift+ for macros.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    I suppose you could do Shift+ unless the game is wholly unable to differentiate whether or not you are typing... like... If the text input box has focus, do not pop the macro bar when shift is pressed.

But yeah, if not, then it would be impossible to use shift+ for macros.
    Shift+1 = !
    Would still be needed for typing. Maybe Ctrl+Alt+key would work? Just don't hit F4. lol
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Shift+1 = !
    Would still be needed for typing. Maybe Ctrl+Alt+key would work? Just don't hit F4. lol
    When do you ever need a ! if you're not typing?

Basically... while holding shift, the game does this:

if(TextboxHasFocus=false) //*If the cursor is not actually in the text box
    {
    DoLockTextInput(); //*prevent the text box from receiving input
    DoShiftMacroDisplay(); //*display the macro bar so the user can select a macro
    }
    (0)

Character
    Kukiki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Unless yoy have it setup for full keyboard size, like I do, in which case it would type a !.

Problem is mostly with the oldschool full keyboard size layout which most old players like me are way too used to.

But being honest I hardly start a sentence with a ! so I wouldn't care if that would actually activate a macro, as long as the rest of letters worked like they do right now.
    (0)

Player
    I'm just pointing out that there is a pre-existing technical limitation that would require add'l work in order implement the request. Even ignoring that issue, it would take a rebuild of all related menus and increase the macro storage requirements by 50%. They refuse to even update the Ambuscade NPC's menu system to allow for multiple trades on the grounds that it would be too much work, so I don't expect they'd be willing to tackle a core system overhaul/rebuild. Also, since macros are storable on the server, the devs are going to insist on accounting for that overhead even if the majority of players weren't using that option.
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Edelfelt View Post
    So far we got Ctrl + Numeric key and Alt + Numeric Key. How about putting something in the middle, were we can assign a macro with just pressing the number keys that way we have 10 extra macro slots .
    You technically have 200 available for each book, How many more do you need? Or do you want another set with quicker access?
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    You technically have 200 available for each book, How many more do you need? Or do you want another set with quicker access?
    I'm guessing they want the latter, and I could understand why...
    (0)