World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 6

I want to ask English-speaking players

Nice to meet you.
    I am a Japanese FFXI player.
    I registered in this forum earlier.

This sentence is written using Google translation.
    thank you for reading.

I thought that you would like to know the opinion of players in English-speaking countries.

What do you guys think about Japanese or FFXI management team? Is there any doubt?

I love FFXI, but I think that there is a way to make friends with more foreign people.
    If there is a way, FFXI will be more fun.

I am thinking to call youtube against Japanese people.

Please let us know your opinion by all means! In case of
    Thank you:)
    (7)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    {Hmmm}.

I will try to use as simple words as possible, please forgive me if you do not understand anything in this reply.

I do not have anything at all against Japanese players, or the FFXI management team. I feel that Square-Enix could devote more resources to a game that is still being played by a reasonable number of people, so that more could be added to the game (even if it was only changes to make the game more pleasant, rather than adding new content) but I know that the FFXI Management Team is not to blame for this, so I do not blame them. They can only work with what they have.

I play on Sylph, and I do not have a lot of interactions with Japanese people (they are on a much different time zone than we are -- Japan is GMT+9, I am GMT -5) but from what I have seen, they seem pleasant enough though language barriers do exist.

One thing you said I do not understand (translation error?):

I am thinking to call youtube against Japanese people.
    I do not know what was meant by this.

I hope this helps!
    (1)

Player
    Hello! I love this game too. ^^

I appreciate everything that the development team is still doing even with such a small team. I'm looking forward to the new battle content that was announced several months ago! But, I am sad that the English forums have not had any active Community Representatives for a rather long time. There is a lot of communication between Japanese players and the development team, so it is easier to have player suggestions and complaints heard and easy for the team to get player feedback.

About player communication, maybe it would help if more things were added to the auto-translate dictionary? There are still battle content terms that are not included (like "Legion".)
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Pharmasy
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 6
    I'm glad your reply.

Due to the different time zones, you mean that you do not feel the language barrier.
    And you are enjoying FFXI.

Thank you for writing with simple words.

The meaning of the sentence of youtube ~ is as follows. I made a mistake in writing.
    I would like to make a video of FFXI and tell the Japanese player about your opinion.
    Because I want people to know that not only Japanese but also many people like FFXI.
    (4)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Litchy View Post
    The meaning of the sentence of youtube ~ is as follows. I made a mistake in writing.
    I would like to make a video of FFXI and tell the Japanese player about your opinion.
    Because I want people to know that not only Japanese but also many people like FFXI.
    That is much more understandable!

This sounds like a good idea, and I hope you are successful for the good of everyone who enjoys FFXI.

I feel that SE has a game with a lot of history, and players who have played this game for 10+ years. I regularly see players that I remember seeing from the time when Promathia was current content. I am sad that SE has set the game aside and have given it so few resources to continue development when there are a good number of people who still enjoy it.

I am sad that we never saw the Windows PC UI updates, or a lot of the other planned features that were mentioned but never came to be. I do not blame the FFXI Management Team as I have said before, as they can only work with what resources they have been given by their company. I wish the company itself would realize that there are still many English-speaking players who want to see this game continue to succeed.

I hope that efforts like yours help with this.
    (2)
    Last edited by Aysha; 08-21-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Character
    Pharmasy
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 6
    Thank you for your reply!
    I am surprised that the English forum is not active.
    And I am looking forward to new content as well as you.
    Even in the Japan Forum, there are many differences in misunderstanding and recognition between the management team and the player's interaction.

I thought about writing the "automatic conversion dictionary" you say in the Japanese forum.

The fact that you like FFXI made me very happy.

I'm sorry for the poor sentences.
    Thank you ^ ^
    (1)

Character
    Pharmasy
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 6
    Thank you!
    As you said, there are many Japanese that Promathia mission was hard.
    Now I am telling you that it is very easy to capture.
    Perhaps, by continuing such activities, many former players may come back.
    I would like to tell you more overseas that there are players of your kind like you!
    (3)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    The only complaints I have ever had against FFXI has been how enigmatic the communication can be at times, and how slow things get addressed at times. The recent changes to Boost, is a good example for the communication. The initial information we got, had no mention of the effects varying by how long one waited. If its something that needs re-balancing or adjusting, waiting to long can be a very bad thing, as it is what causes people to change to the more popular jobs faster.

The developers have done a lot of things right over the years, and that doesn't get brought up as much due when things are all going good, most just keep on playing the game. That being said, if it is possible I would very much like to see a relaunch of FFXI with upgraded technology and some graphical updates to bring it more into the modern era. FFXI doesn't need to be completely redone, a slight facelift could be enough to attract new players or more of a reason to try and get more people one knows to play.

FFXI is one of the few MMO's I still really enjoy, and for two big reasons. The international servers, and major goals a player could work towards years ago are still relevant today. Always enjoyed the fact that could meet and interact with people around the world, as not only can you meet a lot of interesting people, it also helps avoid the feeling of being on an empty server when you can only play at odd hours for your own region. As to the major goals, just look at Relic gear, Aegis for example, they are all still relevant and worth working towards, while a lot of other MMO's the best gear becomes junk soon as the next expansion comes around.

The biggest reason I can think of as to why not as much interaction occurs is because of the language barrier. Auto-Translate did a good job for the simple things, like experience point (EXP) parties back in the day, but it falls short for events that take more communication to succeed at.

As to English forums not being active, general discussion might have been a better spot to get a larger response for these questions.
    (2)

Player
    I think that the big reason for less activity on the English forums compared to Japanese forums is that we have no communication from the development team. They post and reply to posts almost daily on JP side, while NA is lucky to get one dev post per month. If communication was not one going only in one direction, then I believe that more players on this side would be active in the forums.
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree. The English forums in my opinion tends to be inactive because we get little communication from the development team and community representatives. English forum moderation seems very small which deters me posting or reading as much as I use to here.
    (1)

11. 08-24-2017 01:33 AM
    Reason
    重複

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast