Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Still not a "bug". A "Bug" is a mistake, oversight, or anything else in coding that causes unintended behavior of the program in question.
    Eh your opinion. Various things they coded together are interacting in a way that I doubt they intended or realized when they did it each part. Either way this is a bug report not thread a semantics thread
    (0)

Character
    Kukiki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Well, I have to agree with Aysha aswell, having a hard cap is probably intentional. I know hard caps can be bothering sometimes, when I close a 3-step skillchain with a 70000 damage Rudra's Storm ny unresisted Skillchain deals 99999 points of damage and I wish it dealt around 200000 (skillchain bonus) but there is a hard damage cap there, it isn't a bug either.

I understand that 65535 is a bit weird number but I don't thonk SE thought about people reaching that cap. I don't think they thought about reaching damage cap when game was released either but the game doesn't crash in either case, which means they are correctly handling those values.

If it was a bug you could expect wrong results like a monster supposed to give you 70000 capacity points giving you 4465 but the overflow is perfectly controlled.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkValefor View Post
    I understand that 65535 is a bit weird number but I don't thonk SE thought about people reaching that cap. I don't think they thought about reaching damage cap when game was released either but the game doesn't crash in either case, which means they are correctly handling those values.
    I explained in my first reply on this thread why the number is exactly 65535 and not anything else near it. *chuckles* It is a long-winded response, but I feel that the post contains information that any gamer could apply to any game that has similar caps to understand why those caps exist and why those exact numbers.

EDIT: I suppose I left out what exactly RAM Allocation means (I mentioned it, but didn't explain it in depth). But I doubt that's actually necessary.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aysha; 08-22-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Please stop clogging up my report and let SE read it. This isn't a discussion section
    (1)

Character
    Kukiki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    I explained in my first reply on this thread why the number is exactly 65535 and not anything else near it. *chuckles* It is a long-winded response, but I feel that the post contains information that any gamer could apply to any game that has similar caps to understand why those caps exist and why those exact numbers.

EDIT: I suppose I left out what exactly RAM Allocation means (I mentioned it, but didn't explain it in depth). But I doubt that's actually necessary.
    I know where that number comes from, I still see it kind of weird tho that they bother using 3 bytes numbers for damage and hard capping it at 99999 and they decide to just using 2 bytes for Capacity Points (I'm sure some people would be somehow happier if it capped at 99999 also)

But I don't know how to explain this is not a bug but a programming decission, whoever coded the Capacity Points gain decided to use a 2-byte value and made sure it wouldn't overflow.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2