Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Monster Rearing Problem (White Rabbit)

I can't seem to figure out what's wrong with two of our characters' white rabbits.

Family member got two rabbits on two characters (one each), and started feeding them both Red Moko Grass on Day 2 to turn them into White Rabbits.

For some strange reason, they both shuddered violently the first time they were fed, even though they had 1 hollow star on their growth meter (I didn't think this was possible?).

Now they are both white rabbits, and they are both "Bursting with Joy" and "Couldn't be more content" ever since Day 2 (didn't think this was possible either).

Now, anytime we try to feed them anything that rabbits normally eat, it will just "stare into space as if you're not even there" and one of them won't even take the item out of the character's inventory (the other will). One of them is now one full star + hollow star and the other has one full star despite the fact we are fairly sure they were both started on the same day.

We've raised critters before on our mains, so we know how the system should work and this seems like such odd behavior. Do white rabbits not eat Cabbage, Moko Grass, Carrots, etc like the normal rabbits do? Are they glitched?

EDIT: Forgot to add that I have personally verified that they are both set to Personal Growth.
    EDIT2: Derp, BG-wiki is full of it... White Rabbits (according to FFXIclopedia) only want liquids
    (0)
    Last edited by Aysha; 08-18-2017 at 12:52 AM.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Different monsters develop at different rates lower ones tend to be faster. But either way it's still random so yeah it's not surprising the 2 are varying. I'm more surprised they evolved together. Doing rearing on 3 characters at same they almost never matched.
    (0)

Player
    When did this happen? Yesterday? A couple months ago? There are campaigns that affect garden, so let's rule that out.

Wearing Jubilee Shirt? It's stated to double impact of feeding.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    When did this happen? Yesterday? A couple months ago? There are campaigns that affect garden, so let's rule that out.

Wearing Jubilee Shirt? It's stated to double impact of feeding.
    Nope, no Jubilee shirts.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    That sounds buggy. That message should only come up if they've already been fed that day and "shudder violently" shouldn't occur until they've build up 2.5 stars.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    What's the message you get if you try to feed it something that it wouldn't normally eat? Because FFXIclopedia claims White Rabbits will eat only liquids, but BG-wiki says they'll eat Greens and I think Seeds too.

We were feeding them greens and they refuse to eat it so tomorrow we're gonna give it liquids instead and see what happens.
    (0)

Player
    I know that you can get evolves at as early as 1.5 stars, particularly w/ the first stage evolutions. It sounds like you got some sort of critical hit type boost, but I've never heard of anything like that happening before. It's the second > third stage or higher evolves that you have to wait til 2.5 stars.

If you try to feed something that is not classified as food, there is no message, it doesn't leave your inventory, and doesn't count towards your feed for the day.
    As far as greens vs liquids.. try carrots. XD There's a lot of flavor-type mechanics built into rearing, so that might be the trick here. Like how certain wyrms like to give tea leaves since you evolve them with the Tea pop items, therefore they "like" tea. lol

Can't answer directly from experience on this one since I skipped it. ;x
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'm pretty sure you can feed it anything. Not literally anything, but for example if you fed your rabbit meats (which you might normally feed to a raptor or a behemoth or something), it'll take it. Like if you use any item on this monster food list that it'll take it. It's just that your monster will prefer certain categories, such as greens for rabbits.

Could definitely be wrong though, I'm working from memory. I did Rank 7 everything and collect every cheer so I've poured quite a bit of time into it.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Well, we'll feed the white rabbit liquid tomorrow.

If the rabbit accepts it and gives a positive response, then we know BG-wiki is wrong and FFXIclopedia is right.

If the rabbit just stares into space, then it's bugged, because we've tried carrots, cabbage and moko grass thusfar.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Well, we'll feed the white rabbit liquid tomorrow.

If the rabbit accepts it and gives a positive response, then we know BG-wiki is wrong and FFXIclopedia is right.

If the rabbit just stares into space, then it's bugged, because we've tried carrots, cabbage and moko grass thusfar.
    Did you try ALL the carrots? There are quite a few that count as food.

PS: If you do find the correct one, let us know so someone can update bgwiki. XD
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast