Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Okay, so sorry about short reply earlier; I was in the gaming room and trying to alt-tab between pulls but now that we're taking a break for the night and I'm on my bedroom computer, I can more properly respond to what was said above:

RE:Hawklaser: We don't have the Mythic Weaponskills yet, but I started reading up on Nyzul Isle (we've never been there). Hope to try it after the campaign is done sometime.

Also, the lag thing, I don't think that's what's happening... Tenzen is using strange weaponskills that make no sense after we do our weaponskills. When he uses the correct weaponskills, we chain fine. The only time a chain fails is when he outright misses (which he does occasionally). For example, RS or CDC -> Hanaikusa will *always* create Fusion. Lag has never caused this to fail. RS->Tsuki will *always* create Darkness.

The problem is when he decides to do Yukikaze or that Enpi clone which I'm pretty sure does not chain, or if it does, it just impaction or scission or something stupid like that. That's why I'm thinking he is trying to make his own skillchain, because he always tries Enpi first, and then about 5 or so seconds later, he will then throw a Yukikaze into it too.

Though after looking up skillchain properties of these weaponskills, THAT doesn't even make sense... but now that I'm reading this, I DO remember him throwing his own version of Jinpus as well, so what I think he's trying to go for is he wants to do Enpi -> something... then he gets interrupted, and then he tries Yukikaze and then he'll throw a Jinpu in to make Distortion. Not sure what's up with the Enpi... it doesn't make sense whatsoever, but whatever. *shrug*

Anyways, I did try calling Iroha II out and... they were throwing Distortion and Fusion left and right... and a couple Light. Iroha's Flare II MBs were only doing 1,200 damage which isn't even worth it. I tried to CDC ontop of one of their Light, but I think I was a sec late because I wasn't expecting it and it didn't work. So eh... nowhere near as good as Shantotto even with Tenzen screwing up skillchains.

@Nyarlko: Ulmia is locked for me because of that stupid Bahamut questline that I should do someday. I finished "Dawn" before the Trust Magic system, and back then I had no access to an Endgame shell (still don't...) but now that we have 119 gear, maybe I'll go and nail that down so I can pick up Ulmia.

As for her anti-social thing, I mainly meant that as a reason why we don't join full groups. It's usually just the two of us killing raptors. We've been doing OK; she's on like 1300 almost and I'm ~800. I'm mainly shooting for 1200 by the end of the week... if we miss the goal, it won't be by that much I don't think.

We can kill the stuff at a reasonable pace, my main point in this thread is that we could do so even faster if the trusts would cooperate a bit more.
    (0)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    RE:Hawklaser: We don't have the Mythic Weaponskills yet, but I started reading up on Nyzul Isle (we've never been there). Hope to try it after the campaign is done sometime.

Also, the lag thing, I don't think that's what's happening... Tenzen is using strange weaponskills that make no sense after we do our weaponskills. When he uses the correct weaponskills, we chain fine. The only time a chain fails is when he outright misses (which he does occasionally). For example, RS or CDC -> Hanaikusa will *always* create Fusion. Lag has never caused this to fail. RS->Tsuki will *always* create Darkness.

The problem is when he decides to do Yukikaze or that Enpi clone which I'm pretty sure does not chain, or if it does, it just impaction or scission or something stupid like that. That's why I'm thinking he is trying to make his own skillchain, because he always tries Enpi first, and then about 5 or so seconds later, he will then throw a Yukikaze into it too.

Though after looking up skillchain properties of these weaponskills, THAT doesn't even make sense... but now that I'm reading this, I DO remember him throwing his own version of Jinpus as well, so what I think he's trying to go for is he wants to do Enpi -> something... then he gets interrupted, and then he tries Yukikaze and then he'll throw a Jinpu in to make Distortion. Not sure what's up with the Enpi... it doesn't make sense whatsoever, but whatever. *shrug*

Anyways, I did try calling Iroha II out and... they were throwing Distortion and Fusion left and right... and a couple Light. Iroha's Flare II MBs were only doing 1,200 damage which isn't even worth it. I tried to CDC ontop of one of their Light, but I think I was a sec late because I wasn't expecting it and it didn't work. So eh... nowhere near as good as Shantotto even with Tenzen screwing up skillchains.
    The Mythic weaponskills are not too hard to get, can solo clear the original Nyzul in a weekend easily if far enough along in Rhapsodies.

The lag thing is more of there is a slight delay of when your input to weapon skill actually hits the server, while the trusts weaponskills don't have that delay, but instead have a delay showing up on your end. It could be just enough that its causing your weaponskills and Tenzens to partly overlap causing things to not work.

The Iroha 2 and Tenzen 1 was more to illustrate how precisely timed their weaponskills happen in relation to other ones out there. A better example might have been trying to close a skillchain off of Ayame with Tenzen 1 out... its pretty hard to do as he always seems to have enough TP to close her chain at the precise moment can cause a skillchain.
    (0)

Player
    The base mythic/Vigil weapons can drop from any NM inside Nyzul too, so don't worry too much if you can't find someone w/ a lv100 KI. TH8+ helps a ton in my experience if you are trying to farm via NMs.

It's always a good idea to clean things out mission-wise. ^^ Ulmia is much more reliable than Joachim, partly because she has a much smaller repertoire to choose from, but that also means you don't ever have to see her toss out a Paeon while your party is at full health. XD Arciela(I) trust is also a nice option to have, though I think she only buffs her caller.

There's a ton of perks all over the place for completing missions (like Vorseals in Escha, permanent CP bonuses, etc) so it's in your best interest to knock them out as soon as you can.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    We've got most of the missions done thusfar, we're missing WotG (because from reading the Mission questline stuff on wiki... oi. it seems like they made it *ridiculously* long) and Adoulin (just haven't gotten around to it).

We did manage to clear RoV entirely, as well as Promathia (except for that thing with Bahamut) and Aht Urghan.

Been wanting to mess around with Abyssea but again, time and how freaking complicated they made it with all the NMs you have to pop and how they don't always drop the next pop item, blah blah. Not sure how much space I feel like taking up in a character's inventory trying to lug around 50+ pop items for one zone of Abyssea. I don't get why they couldn't have made one of the Rhapsody KIs guarantee Abyssea NM Pop item drops (or let you buy them as long as you've killed the mob at least once) or something as it doesn't look like hardly any of that gear is even useful anymore?
    (0)

Character
    Stamos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    In regards to Tenzen self skillchaining. He does that once he gets 1500 tp. If you WS before that, he will skillchain with you. Once he hits 1500 he will use Meditate and try to self sc.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2