Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Edelfelt
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Master Designation should have a different requirement

Can we have a different requirement to be able to have those stars above ppl's head in there? 2100 JP is not enough. Met so many masters today that do not know how play their job xD. (Master PLD Pulling all omen mobs as soon as we zone in wiping the pt, Master BLM that doesn't know how to MB on a Omen Boss, Master SMN who melee's in Ambuscade)

Maybe instead of 2100JP instead it should be 4200 Hours online on that job (about 6 RL months).

That or let us have a quest where we trade JP's and once we traded 21000(yes 21000) JP's then we can have stars on our heads. Maybe add a glamour armor/weapon too.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Edelfelt View Post
    Can we have a different requirement to be able to have those stars above ppl's head in there? 2100 JP is not enough. Met so many masters today that do not know how play their job xD. (Master PLD Pulling all omen mobs as soon as we zone in wiping the pt, Master BLM that doesn't know how to MB on a Omen Boss, Master SMN who melee's in Ambuscade)

Maybe instead of 2100JP instead it should be 4200 Hours online on that job (about 6 RL months).

That or let us have a quest where we trade JP's and once we traded 21000(yes 21000) JP's then we can have stars on our heads. Maybe add a glamour armor/weapon too.
    Pulling all omen mobs as soon as pt zone in is probably more of a communication/pt organization issue, less about actual playing skill of the job.

Melee on SMN is used to activate Nirvana AM3, if SMN melee when it's not ideal to, it's probably communication issue again.

Many leaders (I would say at least 80% of them) doesn't know how to properly communicate nor organize party, they expect everyone know what to do without ever bother to explain the detail, but it has absolutely nothing to do with actual playing skill nor knowledge of the job.
    (5)

Player
    All that Job Master indicates is that the job has a 45min SP timer and establishes a certain baseline for spell/JA/etc potency/duration/etc. It has no implication that the player knows anything about, well, anything.
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Blame PL...
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Edelfelt View Post
    Yay, so all of those people who leave their character online in Port Jeuno with Bazaars up overnight can get their master stars faster than everybody else!

21,000? Yeah, I bet like no one ever would have them, because seriously, 2100 is hard enough to get. Doing that, but 10 times over once you've already maxed out? lol. nope. If I were to go out and get Capacity Points, I sure as frick wouldn't do it on a 2100-capped job just to get stars above my name; I'd do it on another job. In fact I could get ten more jobs completely maxed out with that. That's half of the entire job list.
    (3)

Character
    Edelfelt
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Today on a Kei Omen Pug run, everyone has master designation, Leader explained it 3 times what everyone has to do, PLD and GEO both masters said "We going in or what?!". When we finally did Kei, PLD died to Deathly Fullers 3 times, no holy water, didn't even try to run away. Geo just stood there afk not spamming blizz or water to remove regen. His excuse? He was silenced and he has no echo drops. How is he silenced when he's standing next to us and were not silenced. Seriously.. Masters. More like Master noobs. Geo Galka even turned off his buff and stood next to Kei to get hit in a pitiful attempt to make the run fail. Kei died and he ninja lotted all the loot lol.
    (0)

Character
    Edelfelt
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Yay, so all of those people who leave their character online in Port Jeuno with Bazaars up overnight can get their master stars faster than everybody else!

21,000? Yeah, I bet like no one ever would have them, because seriously, 2100 is hard enough to get. Doing that, but 10 times over once you've already maxed out? lol. nope. If I were to go out and get Capacity Points, I sure as frick wouldn't do it on a 2100-capped job just to get stars above my name; I'd do it on another job. In fact I could get ten more jobs completely maxed out with that. That's half of the entire job list.
    You sound like you got a lot of opinions but no suggestions. Hmmm must be one of those "masters".
    (0)

Player
    Job Master stars are just a visual indication for others that they don't have to worry that you are derpy and put all your job points into the less useful categories and/or are not lying about how many you have. The lowered SP recast is mostly pointless given how an strategy that calls for their use also calls for a reset.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    visual indication.
    Has nothing to do with player skill
    Just a personal satisfaction that you got the skills maxed for base stats.
    Stars from a mindless grind doesn't make you great.
    As for seeing other people with stars, I don't see it as a indication that they are great at their job .
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishr View Post
    Has nothing to do with player skill
    Just a personal satisfaction that you got the skills maxed for base stats.
    Stars from a mindless grind doesn't make you great.
    As for seeing other people with stars, I don't see it as a indication that they are great at their job .
    I didn't say that it has anything to do with "being great", only that others are assured a baseline on capability/potency. You can be BIS for everything your job is capable of and job master and still be utterly clueless and/or afk in the middle of a boss fight after all. XD
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast