Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

More Apex Monster locations?

I was wondering if more groups of apex monsters can be added to various [not so popular] areas, and spread people out a bit more?

With a week long CP campaign on Asura, there are parties actually having to "sit" on each other.

I'm aware this problem is more than likely going to be exclusive to Asura. However, it can't do any harm to simply add more high level monsters to various zones(?)
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I was wondering if more groups of apex monsters can be added to various [not so popular] areas, and spread people out a bit more?

With a week long CP campaign on Asura, there are parties actually having to "sit" on each other.

I'm aware this problem is more than likely going to be exclusive to Asura. However, it can't do any harm to simply add more high level monsters to various zones(?)
    Try different zones/camps. There are often several viable spots that get overlooked, even with high player traffic.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Problem is you picked the reddit approved server and now are complaining your zerg is too big.

No problems on lesser populated servers. Waste of dev time to add monsters to zones because of one server,
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 08-16-2017 at 03:13 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Problem is you picked the reddit approved server and now are complaining your zerg is too big.

No problems on lesser populated servers. Waste of dev time to add monsters to zones because of one server,
    Weird logic...

I moved to the server because the server I was on was DEAD, ie: Nobody around to do stuff, and no shouts. Many many players made the move over too. I don't pay to play by myself or I'd just buy an offline game, for a one off price and play that.

If every server had an average 250-300 players online (accounting for multi-box too) as the last server I was on, I'm pretty sure SE would be close to flicking the switch on FFXI.
    (3)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Should try reisinjima. At higher chains I'm getting about 13-15k per kill on jobs with a decent amount of jps already and cor roll but things die super fast. Not to single out any particular kill method but I've seen people send out multiple pullers to grab a couple dozen mobs that then all died with 1-2 tengima buffets. Stuff adds up real fast

Bonus points you get a ton of silt, beads and crystals doing this. Also complete a lot more RoE for those benefits
    (0)

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    (0)

It would be nice to have some more apex spread around.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Also to note almost no one I know of tries to do Apex in Ra'Kaznar Inner Court. Which is full of apex that you can really target and take advantage ofs weakness like bats, butterflies, skeletons hounds and the flying sperm things
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Also to note almost no one I know of tries to do Apex in Ra'Kaznar Inner Court. Which is full of apex that you can really target and take advantage ofs weakness like bats, butterflies, skeletons hounds and the flying sperm things
    Those targets are higher level (136ish) than gates mobs, and can actually pose a serious challenge to undergeared/unprepared groups. For instance, before the last mob stat nerf, Apex Bat in Outer Raz needed ~1400acc to cap, and hit non-tanks like a pissed off truck. I've seen trust tanks basically get one-shotted by unlucky strings of DA/crits as well.. Basically saying, it's not a simple/laid-back camp where you can get away without a tank or support. Should note that I've gotten ~30k CP/kill without chain on those as well. Should also note that while the mobs there are segregated and have distinct camps (beware the fallen robots, they are mean if you wake them up btw,) the zone map is not exactly straightforward, so expect a ~20min commute from town until you memorize the route.

Inner Raz has always been intriguing to me, but the Apex mobs there seem to be intentionally positioned to prevent safe pulling. I tried to learn some BLU spells there and consistently got angry-mobbed and curb-stomped every time I tried to pull certain mobs, and said mobs would tear thru trusts like nothing anyway, so I gave up on the dvergrs there as learning targets. :x Those ones at least are ~137-139, so you'd be exp'ing on mobs higher level than Escha T3s.

Maybe instead of adding more Apex mob spawns, the devs can just move around some of the existing ones to allow some viable camps in Ra'Kaznar zones?
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Family member and I have been camping in Moh Gates, the raptors and boy, I'd have to say...

It seems like they designed that area for maximum annoyance. They put those stupidly overpowered Matamatas there everywhere, especially near the Ergon Locus, there's this very skinny narrow passageway that has 2-3 matamatas just sitting there with LOTS of raptors in behind it. Of course, the camps elsewhere in this area are usually taken and the Ergon Locus room itself is a perfect camp, but pulling is NOT easy because of the stupid matamatas and terrain features that block Line of Sight are highly annoying.

This camp would be so much better if they'd replace the 2 matamatas that spawn there with raptors instead.

And also, there's several other zones, like Cirdas, that are expansive and wide open and are full of the same mobs that you can find anywhere. Why not tuck a couple apex camps in there, too? That place is freaking huge with a lot of optional rooms that have nothing interesting in them whatsoever. Perfect place to put a couple Apex camps.

And yeah, Ra'Kaznar is way too high for most people. Need a full 6 person group for that probably unless you are ridiculously geared with all the best endgame crap. And even then, you might be awesome but your Trusts are going to get torn apart.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast