Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

A job's JA(Boost) being non-functional for over a week

The newest "update" patch updated boost but it doesn't work properly at all an is bugged. Boost for monks is not functioning or working properly at all. It's completely bugged and doesn't even work on weapon skills, it's a dps loss to use it 100% of the time. How can something as game breaking as this not get hotfixed?

Did our dev team go on vacation? You don't go on vacation after releasing a buggy patch that completely breaks an ability.

Please take care of your game.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 08-11-2017 at 01:19 AM.

Player
    They posted the weekly devpost summary on JPside, which included a hint about how Boost functions now, so I gave it shot.

Boost works on WS. Getting ~2x damage from Dragon Kick by waiting until the Boost buff is about to expire.
    Using zero haste (stripped gear for activation) to get a 18-19sec duration, waiting until only 1-2 sec remained gave roughly the same damage as doing the same w/ a fully hasted 7sec duration. Entirely possible that it's not doubling dmg since my wearable MNK gear is definitely not the best. Dragon Kick goes from ~4500 > 8200 by waiting as long as I can, and still no noticeable change when WS'ing right away.

Seems annoying to use, and super annoying that the devs didn't simply explain this in the patch notes. Zero damage buffs other than Boost involved, just tons of haste to make the process faster...
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Wait, so 5 episodes of charging spirit bomb before you can WS? Wh...a...t?
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Wait, so 5 episodes of charging spirit bomb before you can WS? Wh...a...t?
    Lowest duration I was able to achieve was ~6.1 seconds, which isn't amazingly horrible (only horrible.) So it's more like standing around for 5sec before WS, which you can use to pop other JAs. I'd only get 3-4 auto-attack rounds in during that time, and waiting til the last second increases WS damage by more than I'd do w/ those attack rounds. Doesn't compensate the loss of TP generated, so you'd have to math it out to determine if it's a gain/loss over time.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    This job is just in a completely unacceptable state. It's straight up TRASH and nearly unplayable, you are so much weaker and handicap yourself so hard by playing this over literally ANY OTHER dd in the entire game. It's been this week for YEARS now, that's not acceptable at all.

People are literally suggesting starting riots and mass dying as monks in jeuno and afking to show how mad they are.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36...e/168/#3281917

When people are suggesting to do things like this, something is HORRIBLY wrong. Please take care of your game. and stop neglecting it.
    (0)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    This job is just in a completely unacceptable state. It's straight up TRASH and nearly unplayable, you are so much weaker and handicap yourself so hard by playing this over literally ANY OTHER dd in the entire game. It's been this week for YEARS now, that's not acceptable at all.

People are literally suggesting starting riots and mass dying as monks in jeuno and afking to show how mad they are.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36...e/168/#3281917

When people are suggesting to do things like this, something is HORRIBLY wrong. Please take care of your game. and stop neglecting it.
    Or maybe they just accept what everyone has been saying and not doing any thorough testing themselves. Essentially being a Lemming or Sheep and just blindly accepting what others have said. Various Testing I have done which is posted on these forums indicated that it is indeed working, the bigger question is does the bonus boost give to non-auto attacks need tweaking. Either way, I can see boost being useful as is for situations where you want to avoid feeding TP to a mob as much as possible at the very least and also maintain some damage.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    ? The job is mathematically and fundamentally broken and BAD.
    (0)

Player
    ? The job is mathematically and fundamentally broken and BAD.
    It seems to me to be mainly an issue w/ H2H WS rather than the job itself. If H2H WS performed on par w/ other weapon types, I don't think it would qualify in any way as a bad job.

I do think that a minor adjustment to Boost is in order tho. It makes no sense to me that H2H has a higher minimum duration than other weapon types, so suggest that they tack on a bonus reduction to allow MNK itself to reach the 5sec cap. As is, H2H minimum duration is 6.4sec which definitely feels unbearable to use (and is mathematically likely to be a damage loss to use.) Dual Wielding daggers allows one to reach the 5sec minimum, so I don't see why MNK itself shouldn't be allowed to do so as well. Any weapon/job with a base delay of 375 or lower that is capable of delay capping can also reach the 5sec minimum btw.

Is this a subtle message to MNKs the job is intended primarily for subjob use? It feels very strange that /MNK should work better than MNK main.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    H2H weapon skills, lack of a grip/2nd weapon so it gets massively screwed in stats and the fact that it has awful sc properties because asuran fists is ACCURACY VARIES WITH TP.
    (0)