Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yeah, bluemages are good when your support are non-existent or so bad they might as well not exist. That's why people think bluemage is a good DD. It's honestly as low tier as ninja when in a proper party comp.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Sounds more like we have a couple overpowered jobs that need good hard nerfs to be honest.

*shrug*
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Sounds more like we have a couple overpowered jobs that need good hard nerfs to be honest.

*shrug*
    :? Haven't really seen anything here that would indicate that. BLUs self-buffing capabilities are only truly valuable when you have support players in the party who don't properly support. Also, you won't see stellar damage output from a COR unless they have the gear to back it up (and same goes for everyone.) I can't say that there are any jobs that warrant nerfs at this time.

I never use BLU to solo NMs since BST is far safer/reliable for stuff like that, or if I'm looking for drops and it's safe enough to melee, then I'd go THF instead. All three are mastered and geared "well" but not BIS since Oseem hates me. Not that I actually "solo" anymore ever since I started dboxing. >.>;; 2nd account has master BLM/BLU as well, and BST+BLM wrecks everything below 126, and have been doing so long since before either was mastered.

I think that the OP's request comes down to "I want to do things that are further above my level than possible now." If you are working on CP, then higher level targets can put out more CP/kill than the easy stuff like Apex Crabs, but if you aren't geared enough to handle the higher level targets, then you aren't going to be successful with them. For example, Ra'kaznar Apex give ~40k-60k CP/kill w/o any campaigns, rings, or chains. That's plenty, since the hard cap on CP/kill is 65535. XD Campaigns effectively nerf the difficulty/time or flat-out remove/bypass mechanics in related content, which is not always a bad thing, but nerfing everything so that the player gear/skill baseline goes down to below ilv117 is not actually needed in any way.

This is a multiplayer game, content is designed/balanced for party play, and we don't need to forcefully convert it so that everything is soloable and doable in less time than it takes now. Lowman strats are supposed to be used once you outgear the content or are looking/expecting a real challenge, not the point that the game is balanced around. You can't expect to jump into "endgame" content in ANY game without preparing for it, so do your prep work, do your research, and find a party.

I still agree that a boost for old regional currency would be very much welcome, but think that should be a permanent addition rather than a temporary campaign. I also still believe that none of the other requested items are at all necessary, and in fact, would be detrimental to the health of the game.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Where you get the time to type so much
    (0)

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Noone will respond that wall as always
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    @Kishr: Not everybody has a slow typing speed, and some of us have attention spans longer than a goldfish's memory.

@Nyarlko: Well, when a few support jobs are valued so highly over everything else, DPS jobs included, it sounds like support jobs just need a nerf in general. I find it absolutely silly that having more than 2 DPS in a 6 man group is a "DPS Loss" because somehow getting more support is better than having DPS jobs, but yet there are simply more DPS jobs around than support ones. Sounds like, again, those support jobs need heavy nerfs and mobs re-balanced to account for it.

As for BLU and solo, well. There should be something called, you know, choice in what we want to play as? Not everybody should be shoehorned into multi-boxing and/or playing BST or even BLU. We should have a choice on what to play, but because of unbalanced game mechanics and severe player bias, everybody's shoehorned into specific setups. Even if the game mechanics didn't force you to use such, you're still forced because nobody will invite you if you don't have THE jobs they want, out of this list of what again, 22 jobs, there's only 3-4 jobs that are actually wanted anywhere. And from what the other person said, 99% of the time they are Support jobs. lol.

So yeah, Support needs a nerf. A big huge heavy one. Anytime you hear players saying "It's a DPS loss to get a DPS instead of a support", you have a situation where support is entirely too valuable.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    On anything dangerous enough to really care about danger blu and bst are fairly similar in terms of how well they can solo. At least now post nerf and 1 vs 1. And while other jobs catch up blu still a really strong DD in decently buffed situations. Really anyone with access to cdc/savage blade is
    (0)

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    goldfish
    Goldfish should be respected.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Support aren't overpowered. Support have ALWAYS been better than adding more dd's, since level 75 cap, since zilart. You only need enough DD's that they can skillchain (good cor + a good DD can skillchain together) forever.

Another DD just complicates things with skillchains most of of the time.

Supports need zero nerf, geo was just a mistake.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 08-23-2017 at 07:06 AM.

Character
    Kukiki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    In my experience BLUs tend to actually kill those skillchains for other DDs making them top DDs in party with their CdC spammage but then with the same support abd other DDs when I remove the BLU the mob starts dropping faster.

But this is only with the typical BLU that only knows to spam CdC and don't even want to participate in another skillchain. Normally when I play with this kind of BLUs my damage drops to 33% but they don't really care because theirs is slightly better.

When you play with real BLUs, those who can actually do more than CdC spam, they are at the level of a real DD, and they are also increasing your damage because MG is a really cool buff.

But yeah I remember once fighting with a BLU that couldn't use a Requiescat once every 1.5 minutes (Climactic Flourish recast) on that ambuscade boss that was only weak to piercing just to open darkness for my 50k rudra +99k sc because he was too busy spamming 3k CdC.
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast