Player

Guild Point Items: Please replace

To the devs: Barone Cosciales needs to be removed from the Leathercraft GP rotation. It is insane that we're expected to use Sarcenet Cloth (x3 to cap daily GP limits) which is only available as a drop from a 2hr+ minimum respawn lottery NM. I should not have to spend my entire night killing Bogy's hoping for a pop just for my daily GP. This also means that less than 4 players on the entire server can hope to hunt down enough mats for GP for this item per day.

To players: If there are any other crafts which have similar nearly impossible to complete synths in their GP rotations, list them here. They've been asking for similar feedback on JPside, so this would be the best time/thread to do so.
    (3)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Expecting someone to pay 100k+ per GP item is also insane. ^^ Not a viable alternative, as the point of the system is that we should be able to turn in things that we make ourselves.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Some of the Anima recipes are just stupid too.

Sometimes the memories absolutely refuse to drop, and then you need 40k guildpoint ensorcelment or enchanting KIs to even make them in the first place, and said KIs are only used to make a handful of items which means they are not really all that worth it, and even then in the end run, they aren't even worth that much GP in the first place for some of those items.

Also, the early level items where you need 50+ of something to get the daily maximum GP is just unreasonable. Yes, the materials are easy to get, but the sheer TIME it takes to synth 50+ of them and turn them in, and get a whopping ~5k guild points is just not worth it whatsoever.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Some of the Anima recipes are just stupid too.

Sometimes the memories absolutely refuse to drop, and then you need 40k guildpoint ensorcelment or enchanting KIs to even make them in the first place, and said KIs are only used to make a handful of items which means they are not really all that worth it, and even then in the end run, they aren't even worth that much GP in the first place for some of those items.

Also, the early level items where you need 50+ of something to get the daily maximum GP is just unreasonable. Yes, the materials are easy to get, but the sheer TIME it takes to synth 50+ of them and turn them in, and get a whopping ~5k guild points is just not worth it whatsoever.
    150x Cesti........
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    150x Cesti........
    ......for a piddly 3,600GP.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Expecting someone to pay 100k+ per GP item is also insane. ^^ Not a viable alternative, as the point of the system is that we should be able to turn in things that we make ourselves.
    Depending on points you get it's not as crazy as you'd think. Actually a lot of higher point ones can be gotten by npcs for a high price... which sounds crazy when you just look at the price but then when you look at the time you'd spend hunting down ingredients and making enough for some of these recipes it's like well might as well since can make the money back faster

Should also note Dame Blanch drops 1 garuanteed and can drop up to 4 averaging between 2 and 3. Still not fun but not as bad as originally sounds
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Depending on points you get it's not as crazy as you'd think. Actually a lot of higher point ones can be gotten by npcs for a high price... which sounds crazy when you just look at the price but then when you look at the time you'd spend hunting down ingredients and making enough for some of these recipes it's like well might as well since can make the money back faster

Should also note Dame Blanch drops 1 garuanteed and can drop up to 4 averaging between 2 and 3. Still not fun but not as bad as originally sounds
    It's one thing to have the option of trading money for time, it's something else entirely when the overpriced NPC is the primary source and the items can not be reliably made yourself.

Also, got another for the list.

Today's Leathercraft item for me is Bison Gamashes, which require 2x Hippogryph Feathers... I know from experience that these things are painful to farm and average ~12 per hour of solid killing assuming zero competition. (I've even put in a rejected bug report on the Gates hippos having worse droprates than the ones in Grauberg.) I'd honestly prefer it if the drop rate was simply raised for at least the Gates ones, but alternatively, please replace Bison gear with something else.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    According to db droprates are pretty similar. Have you tried despoiling them? iirc that used to be the main source back in the day
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    According to db droprates are pretty similar. Have you tried despoiling them? iirc that used to be the main source back in the day
    I have, and success rate for Despoiling feathers has always sucked for me. I was including that contribution in my avg 12/hr. ><;; I don't even see the Cirdas "map2" ones on the ffxidb listing for hippogryphs (or even the bgwiki page for Cirdas Caverns O_o,) so dunno what it says, but my experience trying to farm there was usually a bit less than Grauberg (probably due to even fewer Despoils succeeding.) These feathers are my bane, I have grown to hate hippogryphs because they are stingy jerks, and I've gone thru ~120 of 'em trying (and failing, even tho it's T1,) to HQ a hat for BST.... I loathe the idea that I should have to spend 2+ hours for a single component of a daily GP recipe.

Enough ranting about non-butt feathers, I'm sure there are other crafts which have utterly horrid GP recipes that would be better off replaced. >.> This is actually something the devs have brought up on JPside in recent months, so honest feedback would probably be a good idea.
    (0)