Player

Returning Player

Hello everyone. I seem to be overwhelmed with all of the new content with RoV. I was wonder where I should get started as there does not seen to be to many people on my server willing to help. Should I master my job first? Or figure out how to get the new 119 items? Please help.
    (0)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I just went through returning myself. So hopefully can help.

Depending on gear you had when stopped, Records of Eminence 117 gear can get you up and going enough to get better gear. You want to get through Rhapsodies of Vanadial as soon as possible for its KI's that effect xp and capacity point gains + unlock escha zones. Ambuscade(in mhaura) has decent 119 gear to get you up to a point can get more appropriate gear from escha zone NM's.

Unity NM's are also a good source of gear to help fill in gaps of 119 gear until can do the escha NM's.

Once have a decent set of ambuscade/unity gear, its a mix of getting job points and finding the NM's can kill with better gear for a bit. Which is where I am at, I did have a couple people help with some initial ambuscade.

The other thing is get a variety of trusts ASAP.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...056#post537439
    (1)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Basically, a returning player should do this:

1). Do the first two Rhapsodies -- start in Mhaura/Selbina, which will take you to Qufim (Lv60-65 needed to kill the NM for the 2nd Rhapsody, get help if needed). Also, open your Mog Garden ASAP (Nation Rank 3 or Adoulin Access), and start doing the nodes as often as you can/feel like. They will earn you a crapton of money later if you don't mind leveling crafts (and even if you don't). It's free money; you'd be crazy not to.
    2). Get a decent selection of Trusts -- start with Kupipi, Valaineral, Tenzen, and hopefully soon you can nab Shantotto II on one of these Trust Expos. Until you get Shantotto II then you are most likely wanting to get someone like Semih Lafihna (be careful of her AoEs), Trion (he doesn't AoE unlike Valaineral). When Trust Expos come up, get Amchuchu ASAP, and of course Shantotto like I mentioned. Also, Moogle, Sakura, and Kupofried you will want too.
    3). Get Level 99 if you haven't already.
    4). Get your 117 armor (open your Records of Eminence and go to Intermediate, and activate the "Achieve Level 99" quest, and then the quests after it. You'll get Kupons that will get you a weapon+2 pieces of the 117 armor. Buy the rest with sparks.
    5). Get Adoulin Access -- Home Points, Waypoints, etc for all the zones up to and including Outer Ra'Kaznar. This also means getting the key items Logging, Climbing, Watercrafting, etc. There's a guide on BG-Wiki on how to do this, just search for "Fresh 99".
    6). While doing Adoulin Access, start your Imprimatur quests -- I recommend either Peacekeeper's or Scout's.
    7). Do "Taming the Wilds" (RoE Quest) by asking around/joining a linkshell, or just being lucky and find someone attacking a WKR enemy as soon as you are able to buy the KIs that allow access. In the meantime -- do some more Rhapsodies quests; process the other storylines as needed while you do. You can get rather far into RoV with 117 gear.
    8). Do the Skirmish RoEs which will give you even more Kupons -- some of these will award entry-level 119 gear.
    9). Do the various Storylines -- Promathia (eeew, lol. This will take you a long time depending on how much you did before), Aht Urghan (you might need help for the Naja fight, Naja is weaksauce), and Wings of the Goddess. Also do all 3 nations to Rank 10 (I'd wait until a nation you haven't done yet is 3rd place lol. saves you money). Do the RoE quests having to do with these, each one gives you a 10% Capacity Point bonus.
    10). Eventually, when you have enough Adoulin fame from doing Imprimaturs, advance Adoulin's storyline too.
    11). Try to find someone willing to carry you into Ambuscade; 1-2 people with trusts can carry you through Vol2. Normal+ and you only need 1,050 Total Hallmarks (these must all be gotten in a single month; they reset to 0.) to buy a full suit of NQ Ambuscade Gear which is miles better than what you have at this point. Use your Hallmarks on Abhaljs Metal. Save Metals for now.

Once you get to this point, you're basically looking for an endgame linkshell if you're serious about endgame, and don't forget to do your Vana'versary RoEs too, they give #ANV keys which might potentially drop Lv99 gear. I don't know if they do, but who knows? Couldn't hurt. These are weekly quests and each gives a key which lets you spin the Anniversary Dial once per key.

Did I miss anything?
    (1)
    Last edited by Aysha; 08-09-2017 at 01:06 PM.

Character
    Justuas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    (1)