Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    Another update and this is still seemingly being ignored. If we could get a response saying that SE understands how SMN zergs work and is ok with them, with or without backing, it would probably go a long way to ease feelings of discontent.

As far as users are concerned, it seems like the developer team is completely unaware of this happening and has been ignoring it for the better part of a year. It doesn't build confidence in the future.
    I'm sure the team is aware of player concerns since there's been some fuss on JPside as well, and they actually have people that can read player posts. We are currently in ComRep limbo w/o anyone obviously assigned to handle this side of the forums at the moment.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    This is still a problem.
    (3)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    It'll be a problem for half a decade to a decade.
    Geo vex + attunement was perfect defense 2.0 for what, 4 years? 5 years?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    This is still a problem.
    It took 5 years to fix GEO, so you've got a long time to go and a lot more complaining to do.

Diffused Mighty Guard is still Super broken too. So is enmity zero 99k nukes. Invincible mana wall BLMs.

Maybe it's just time to accept reality and accept content no longer matters, everything will eventually be more broken and this amount of hilarious power creep is the new standard.

It's not like it matters anymore. Aeonic groups already finished all Aeonics. Unless you take them away who cares after this long. Yeah they'll roll it forward and everything will be won immediately with SMN. Oh well.
    (0)
    Last edited by Halley; 10-01-2017 at 05:22 AM.

Character
    Zwicked
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Firstly apologies that my post is a bit off tangent but......

One solution may be to add a defensive feature to NM's to resist sustained "spike" damage like certain nm's whose characteristics change in proportion to the amount of magic/physical damage they take. NM's could build a rapid resist based upon the % amount of hp they lose over time to draw out battles and put an end to these stupid zerg stratagies. Many people effectively cheat to win these types of fights with pre buffs before initiating fights via swapping in cor/brd ect for buffs then replacing them with the real party members. A lot of people also use 3rd party software eg. windower plugins that give an unfair advantage over vanilla players such as auto ws @ 1000% tp, auto swap to magic dmg - gear when a spell is targeted on you and as a previous person said this was the root cause of all of the harder NM being added. It's not so much SE's fault that the game is messed up it is the players. From delve times sch stun bots were the main strategy to hold/zerg NM. Many players use alts w/ cure scripts. Scripts to lv skills, every day in adoulin era smn would be outside town calling/dismissing avatars to skill up (pre skill book era). I know people who have been kicked out of parties for not using such tools.

Also the whole 6 man is easier thing is a major problem imo. Events should get easier with more people not harder like with omen scaling. FF needs to go back to its roots as a MMO and actually encourage players to team up together to beat content. The glory days I remember were when the Void Watch content was current and people would yell to make alliances for VWNM battles. These days players are more and more insular, they play in small teams often containing alts/bots and as far as I see little help is given to any newer players that arrive.

Smn burn to kill all won't last since the smn will complete everything and quit because they have nothing left to do. People that cheat in the end only cheat themselves so really we should be glad that some content is stupidly hard or else we would have no goals left to keep us playing. End of random thought process~
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Halley View Post
    Invincible mana wall BLMs.
    They aren't really invincible just have a huge sort of dmg reduction that is semi balanced by the fact it comes out of a resource that is much harder to restore. In order to get the levels you see people going gaga about requires a ton of support and well only lasts 5 minutes unless it gets dispelled early so requires even more to reset for longer fights. It's kind of why you only see it used on a few very specific fights
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwicked View Post
    Also the whole 6 man is easier thing is a major problem imo. Events should get easier with more people not harder like with omen scaling. FF needs to go back to its roots as a MMO and actually encourage players to team up together to beat content. The glory days I remember were when the Void Watch content was current and people would yell to make alliances for VWNM battles. These days players are more and more insular, they play in small teams often containing alts/bots and as far as I see little help is given to any newer players that arrive.
    I very much agree that adding more players should make things easier, they did this with Omen, and that's great, the way HP scaling works in Unity/Escha/Reisen really makes for some unfortunate situations in the game, dealing with party makeup. This is not unlike how trusts don't punish you with extra scaling HP on things, or a smaller XP/CP split, though inviting more humans does.... also encourages solo/lowman play over banding together. (Though Apex mobs mostly address the XP/CP issue.)

That said I still prefer to play today's XI to almost any in the past, and I played since US release, perhaps when Vagary was new though I liked even better. (Though I certainly do miss the higher playerbase of yesteryear.)

And I very much disagree with everything else in that post, but, we've all got our opinions.
    (0)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 10-03-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Solo/lowman has kind of always had an inherent advantage... less people to get drops for and less people to organize.
    (0)

Player
    do something
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Can you google translate your post and post it on the JP forum? Only way they'll look at it, sadly.

But yeah, stop letting players beat a game button your game please. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUeeFybkRxA )
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5