Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    I wouldn't call it "a sleep walk", have had plenty of fails doing it with summoners, and seen plenty of other people fail doing it with summoners, that said, it is markedly easier with SMNs than other options, admittedly, but I think think making it more accessible to other jobs (AS IT ONCE WAS) is the better solution, not nerfing SMN.
    (3)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Lulz as predicted, people make a well thought out post outlining exactly how SMN makes all content trivial, those abusing SMN come running to defend its honor "not muh SMN!".

SMN is very broke, nobody can possibly argue it's not. The reason it's broke is that a small group of SMN's can get together and through SP abuse blast any content into oblivion with a ludicrously high success rate. Attempting to adjust every fight in the game to accommodate OP SMN would be stupid and counter productive when the developers can just adjust one job out of over twenty and fix the entire situation.

No you shouldn't get to keep your "I Win" button. SE shouldn't hand out "I Win" buttons to all the other jobs. The only sane solution is to take away the "I Win" button that is being abused in the first place.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Easier and harder are relative, a lot of difficulty in XI comes down to randomness, which I feel is unfortunate, does WoC decide to benediction multiple times? Does it decide to charm more times than you have items to mitigate it? Etc, this sort of roguelike rng difficulty may appeal to some, but definitely not to me.
    WoC isn't just RNG, much like NNI when it was just out, it's DPS check via RNG. DPS check is a common mechanic in MMO, and I have zero issue with it.

SMN isn't "destroying" battle content, it's the last non-frustrating way to do it, take that away too, and you're not going to just make me stop playing SMN, you're going to "destroy" battle content by just putting it altogether out of reach of a lot of players, or making it annoying enough that they simply won't do it anymore, if they nerfed SMN tomorrow, I simply wouldn't do any more aeonics until something else changed to make it easier.
    Rather than balance everything by making everyone equally miserable, how about let us all actually do the content?
    If T4 is the only content in game, then I'd agree with you. But at this time, there are plenty of content that's still relevant and lower ilv than T4:

Delve
    Ambuscade
    Omen
    SR
    Vagary
    T1~T3

.......and more

If you want easy stuff, the game already offer a lot. But you can't just ask EVERYTHING to be easy and not leaving any hard content for those who wants to challenge themselves.

One of the most fun aspect of FFXI is your job performance is as high as you put your hour in. Put more effort in a job and it shows in terms of performance. If SE make EVERY content easy with SMN cheese, what's the point to work harder and gear the job better?

DPS checks? TP/WS gear min/maxing? Who cares. Just lv SMN and zerg.
    DD needs Hybrid/MDT-/PDT-/status resist sets? Who cares, just lv SMN, pop odyllic, zerg before it wears.

What's the point to build yagrush, or cursna receive gears, or stoneskin set, or everything and everything if all we need to do is zerg zerg zerg.

Honestly, what fun is that? More than half of the gears and job has absolutely zero use with strategy like that.

Rather than balance everything by making everyone equally miserable, how about let us all actually do the content?
    Yeah, playing the game and trying to figure out how to overcome the challenge to get win is miserable, getting virtual items via most boring, mindless and lowest requirement in skill/communication is not. I think you get the priority wrong. Challenge and fun is goal, item(aeonic) is just bonus.
    (4)
    Last edited by Afania; 08-14-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I quit this game during Legion because post-abyssea was braindead Alexander invul(or fanatics/fools drinks in vw) everyone + embrava on everyone while DD's mashed their weapon skill button over and over. Literally zero thought, skill, or anything required. Mages/healers were completely and utterly useless and bored out of their minds.

AC summoner zergs are even worse than this. Please stop allowing your game de-evolve into a snoozefest of boredom and garbage. TAKE CARE OF YOUR GAME. RESPECT YOUR GAME. PLEASE REMOVE AC UNTIL YOU HAVE TIME TO READJUST IT.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR GAME. OVER 7 MONTHS OF THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. WAKE UP.
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I quit this game during Legion because post-abyssea was braindead Alexander invul(or fanatics/fools drinks in vw) everyone + embrava on everyone while DD's mashed their weapon skill button over and over. Literally zero thought, skill, or anything required. Mages/healers were completely and utterly useless and bored out of their minds.

AC summoner zergs are even worse than this. Please stop allowing your game de-evolve into a snoozefest of boredom and garbage. TAKE CARE OF YOUR GAME. RESPECT YOUR GAME. PLEASE REMOVE AC UNTIL YOU HAVE TIME TO READJUST IT.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR GAME. OVER 7 MONTHS OF THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. WAKE UP.
    If it were impossible to complete the content w/o using SMN burns, I could understand your outrage, but that is not the case. It IS possible to defeat everything w/ the standard setups (accounting for fight specific mechanics.)
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    If it were impossible to complete the content w/o using SMN burns, I could understand your outrage, but that is not the case. It IS possible to defeat everything w/ the standard setups (accounting for fight specific mechanics.)
    This is a MMORPG, players will always take the path of least resistance. I don't care if I can unequip half my gear or bring bad jobs or non-optimal comps to "pretend to have a challenge" - that isn't what MMORPGs are supposed to be. It's also ONE job, 1/22, LESS THAN FIVE PERCENT OF THE JOBS IN THE GAME, that can completely and utterly obliterate and destroy all difficulty in the game.

SE, all you need to do to fix this is to DISABLE astral conduit until you can redesign it to something different. It's the only reason SMN zergs work, without this, no one would smn zerg things. Please?

Disable this ability
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Astral_ConduitDisable this ability
    Disable this ability
    (1)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 08-15-2017 at 07:14 AM.

Player
    This is a MMORPG, players will always take the path of least resistance. I don't care if I can unequip half my gear or bring bad jobs or non-optimal comps to "pretend to have a challenge" - that isn't what MMORPGs are supposed to be. It's also ONE job, 1/22, LESS THAN FIVE PERCENT OF THE JOBS IN THE GAME, that can completely and utterly obliterate and destroy all difficulty in the game.
    This past weekend, I just ran some WoC/Kirin clears in a 12 player group, 5x SMN w/ Idris GEO and COR support, and the difference in damage output between those with "good gear" vs those with "good gear + Nirvana" vs those with "Master + BIS + Nirvana" was absolute night and day. The SMNs without Nirvana actually had similar BP damage output to similarly buffed melees WS (though well geared melees would actually outpace those SMNs quite quickly, even when taking AC into account.)

I've also done WoC/Kirin w/ melee burns, and sufficiently geared melee can kill nearly as fast as SMN burns, so I'm still trying to figure out what you are complaining about other than possible gear envy. ^^;; If you are upset about specific NMs being anti-melee, then list and complain about those.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    It's almost like melee can die or get cced and summoners are max distance avoiding every single boss mechanic.

Do you honestly believe I have "gear evvy"? Wow.

Why don't you understand what "THIS KILLS THINGS IN 30-60 SECONDS BY MASHING ONE BUTTON AT A SAFE DISTANCE OUT OF ALL OF A BOSSES MECHANICS" and "You need to protect your melee and hope magic evasion and carols and barspells block all the nasty spells and cure them" differences are? It's not like melee TP burning stuff takes skill either, but compared to SMN AC burning? It's massively more risk and skill based and people have to actually be protected and kept alive.

This isn't the first time you've been completely incapable of understanding simple logic, it's literally ALL THE TIME. You should also get your smiley faces under control.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 08-15-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Player
    It's almost like melee can die or get cced and summoners are max distance avoiding every single boss mechanic.

Do you honestly believe I have "gear evvy"? Wow.

Why don't you understand what "THIS KILLS THINGS IN 30-60 SECONDS BY MASHING ONE BUTTON AT A SAFE DISTANCE OUT OF ALL OF A BOSSES MECHANICS" and "You need to protect your melee and hope magic evasion and carols and barspells block all the nasty spells and cure them" differences are? It's not like melee TP burning stuff takes skill either, but compared to SMN AC burning? It's massively more risk and skill based and people have to actually be protected and kept alive.

This isn't the first time you've been completely incapable of understanding simple logic, it's literally ALL THE TIME. You should also get your smiley faces under control.
    Except it takes just as much support, coordination, and gear to pull that off with SMNs as it does melee. If you don't know what you are doing as SMN, your numbers are not going to be all that impressive. Most of the Nirvana SMNs I've talked to also insist on running in for at least one WS to setup aftermath for pets, so they are not entirely able to avoid mechanics all the time if they actually want to actually "do things right". I know there are more than a few NMs that have AOEs that are greater than max distance as well (since I've died to them on BST when I thought I would be safe.) It is not actually as easy as you seem to think it is to pull off those <60sec kills.

I understand logic. I love logic. You don't use logic in your anger fueled posts like this one. Oh, and my smileys aren't going anywhere. ^^
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I'm gonna have to stop you because while it still takes some it 100% takes less support, coordination and gear to smn things and it's the entire reason it's become popular (well combined with hp scaling). Support literally can do it with none but the absolute most used is a geo, run and cor (the cor being able to mule ahead of time). For AC burning you literally just need a good bp set though having a fast cast set is very good idea as well. And coordination is cor: if you have one put the same 2 buffs up before fight. Then when mob pops geo cast your 1-2 spells run flash and use sp on mob.

As far as AM... thing is outside of a few mobs that do things on pop/pull the first couple of seconds of any fight are extremely safe with the mob having zero tp and every nm since forever being designed to get worse at lower hps. The biggest danger is them meleeing a non tank popper to death right away. Also remember while AoEs can go far in fact can even go past farther than you can see in the log... they can only do so horizontally. If you watch the some of those AC burns you can see how they specifically choose their spawn points on hills to take advantage of the fact all AoEs have very small vertical ranges.

Let's not forget bst got nerfed hard for doing decently less dmg than melees could but with the safety of a rng. Or how blu kind of got roundabout nerfed by way of gear options and making some of it's advantageous less important just because it was one of the better dps melees (but not the best) but could do so without as much support. Or how way back in the day rngs were doing as much dmg as melees but because of safety and no use for haste could do so with less support.
    (2)
    Last edited by Urmom; 08-16-2017 at 01:30 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast