Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Since nobody has updated BG-Wiki (Normal Ambuscade)

.....can someone tell me what the deal is with the stupid plant?

It seems to randomly attack random group members, which will one-shot most non-tank Trusts for apparently no reason, and it seems to have such random AI behavior that I can't really understand any actual pattern.

The only thing I can figure out is that it randomly switches between Physical Defense Weakness and Magical Defense Weakness, but the constant status spam and the "LOL I ONE SHOT ONE OF YOUR TRUSTS RANDOMLY!" is making this thing a seriously annoying fight.

It'd be one thing if there was some kind of rhyme or reason, though I really wish they'd cut it out with the random "I KEEL YOU NOW!" random attacks on random group members... what's the point of a tank when the thing ignores hate tables seemingly at random? And sometimes it will randomly take even a well-geared player down to 10% HP at random with no actual reason displayed in the chat log.... just..... WHAM you're almost dead, have fun wasting half of your healer's MP on getting it back type crap that it does.

And again... Doom. *sigh* Can we stop this, please? One of the most lame status effects in the game, where you're forced to carry a bunch of junk in your inventory to not die. It doesn't really add extra challenge, it just adds annoyance to be forced to use holy waters just to get rid of the doom.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    So I found the answer after doing Googling, FINALLY someone posted on another forum...

It seems the Sweet Breath resets hate. Blargh. Seriously, SE, a Hate Reset + 700-1400 damage Bad Breath (that's mis-labeled as Rhino Charge lol)? Lemme guess, you guys didn't want average players (ones that are not decked out in Escha gear) soloing it at anything above VE, I take it?
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Doesn't reset hate if sleep doesn't land. Dt + vallation should make bad breath pretty low dmg. Doom doesn't happen till the end and by then the thing is taking so much dmg should kill it in a few seconds anyways
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    So I found the answer after doing Googling, FINALLY someone posted on another forum...

It seems the Sweet Breath resets hate. Blargh. Seriously, SE, a Hate Reset + 700-1400 damage Bad Breath (that's mis-labeled as Rhino Charge lol)? Lemme guess, you guys didn't want average players (ones that are not decked out in Escha gear) soloing it at anything above VE, I take it?
    Ambu is not meant to be solod. It literally gives ZERO gallantry solo and doesn't scale with the number of players. You're also screwing over people by soloing it because you cause congestion. They intentionally make it as unsolo friendly as humanly possible, but some people don't get the hint I guess.
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    So just watched a bst solo vid of VD so yeah over VE definitely soloable and even with sleep landing it never turned so not full reset? Got to see doom move... and then 2 ready moves later it died so yay. Based on some other vids seems tank got hate back pretty quick so again doesn't look like full reset. 2nd tank should make it pretty easy since non squishy targets don't get hit that hard. Also only uses the breaths after 2hr animation which happen at certain hps so can plan around it a little
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Ambu is not meant to be solod. It literally gives ZERO gallantry solo and doesn't scale with the number of players. You're also screwing over people by soloing it because you cause congestion. They intentionally make it as unsolo friendly as humanly possible, but some people don't get the hint I guess.
    Well, when I say "solo", I mean, "run someone else's mule through it because Ambuscade is the only reasonable way to get anything 119 on a mule" lol.

So family member and I work together to get each others' mules their armor.

And Heaven Forbid that there should be something that you could actually do solo... oi. Also, I'm on Sylph -- zero congestion issues. We go in 5 seconds after we accept it from the book. If there is an actual queue, then we simply don't do it.
    (0)

Player
    Well, when I say "solo", I mean, "run someone else's mule through it because Ambuscade is the only reasonable way to get anything 119 on a mule" lol.

So family member and I work together to get each others' mules their armor.

And Heaven Forbid that there should be something that you could actually do solo... oi. Also, I'm on Sylph -- zero congestion issues. We go in 5 seconds after we accept it from the book. If there is an actual queue, then we simply don't do it.
    Escha-Zi'tah & Escha-Ru'aun T1s are quite duo-able with a ws-from-range/mb setup. Have you guys ever tried this? BST/SCH are probably the best choices for sc-providers, BLM for MB. If BST, use Patrick, Brain Crush > Tail Blow = Fusion (fire/light), Tail Blow > Brain Crust = Liquefaction (fire), and Blockhead > Tail Blow = Impaction (thunder). COR/RNG "can" work, but require a godly amount of STP to pull off not having to melee while self-sc'ing.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 08-08-2017 at 08:39 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Escha-Zi'tah & Escha-Ru'aun T1s are quite duo-able with a ws-from-range/mb setup. Have you guys ever tried this? BST/SCH are probably the best choices for sc-providers, BLM for MB. If BST, use Patrick, Brain Crush > Tail Blow = Fusion (fire/light), Tail Blow > Brain Crust = Liquefaction (fire), and Blockhead > Tail Blow = Impaction (thunder). COR/RNG "can" work, but require a godly amount of STP to pull off not having to melee while self-sc'ing.
    Neither me, nor family member has those jobs up, or shall I say, neither of us have the equipment and such for it. I have all jobs on 99 but that doesn't mean I have equipment for them, lol. She's got THF and is currently trying to nail down some gear for WHM and I've got mostly BLU though a few other jobs... COR and BST are not those two.

Though, her THF is wearing Turm's and that stuff seems OP as all crap lol. Even Apex Mobs in Moh Gates can't hit her worth crap (6-10 misses in a row lol) and even if she does take a hit, the insane regen on her armor has her healing back in 3-5 ticks anyways lol.
    (0)

Player
    Neither me, nor family member has those jobs up, or shall I say, neither of us have the equipment and such for it. I have all jobs on 99 but that doesn't mean I have equipment for them, lol. She's got THF and is currently trying to nail down some gear for WHM and I've got mostly BLU though a few other jobs... COR and BST are not those two.

Though, her THF is wearing Turm's and that stuff seems OP as all crap lol. Even Apex Mobs in Moh Gates can't hit her worth crap (6-10 misses in a row lol) and even if she does take a hit, the insane regen on her armor has her healing back in 3-5 ticks anyways lol.
    Might want to consider working on a sc/mb combo duo since I know from experience that it works on darn near everything up until clvl 130ish in unspectacular gear. The ability to stay out of AOEs and minimize TP feed to NMs outweighs the extra work to gear up extra jobs since you can use those jobs to gear up the jobs you love. Admittedly, WHM should be good for getting groups once decently geared and BLU is OP once you hit the 1200JP mark, but you'd have much faster/safer kills duo w/ a sc-from-range/mb combo.

I average ~2-3min T1 kills, and ~5min T2 kills, as BST+BLM for T1s in Escha-Zi'tah and Escha-Ru'aun for anything that doesn't pop adds. Before Master, probably around double that, but reliable kills = constant gear drops. I've had much, much lower success trying with THF and BLU (also mastered.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 08-08-2017 at 01:34 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Mage burning things and playing bst is generally zero fun for the majority of players. Most people like interacting with mob mechanics, not completely bypassing them.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast