Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Mage burning things and playing bst is generally zero fun for the majority of players. Most people like interacting with mob mechanics, not completely bypassing them.
    Well, sadly, SE didn't design the game to allow for this in any reasonable fashion low-man. It's 6 man or go home unless you do some kind of gimmicky junk that some players will call for nerfs on, OR, SE themselves will think it is too powerful and nerf it (kinda like the BST pet command range nerf that I've read about).

I've always been of the opinion that as newer content is released, older content should be adjusted to make low-man, or even solo, possible. Because why not? It's obsolete. No harm in letting people low-man it.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    No, content should NEVER be nerfed as new content comes out. There's literally hundreds of other MMO's that do that already Things also do get more lowman friendly, it's called having better gear from higher level content.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Mage burning things and playing bst is generally zero fun for the majority of players. Most people like interacting with mob mechanics, not completely bypassing them.
    I rather enjoy 99999'ing all the things with my BLM and there are plenty of others who get a kick out of big numbers like that, and it is VERY fun to mess with Mana Wall, so most likely you are not speaking for the "majority". BST is still fun according to most of the BSTs that I know (including myself.) You don't get to completely bypass most mechanics with BST, and it's far from the turret-style job that it used to be requiring constant movement now for a lot of fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Well, sadly, SE didn't design the game to allow for this in any reasonable fashion low-man. It's 6 man or go home unless you do some kind of gimmicky junk that some players will call for nerfs on, OR, SE themselves will think it is too powerful and nerf it (kinda like the BST pet command range nerf that I've read about).

I've always been of the opinion that as newer content is released, older content should be adjusted to make low-man, or even solo, possible. Because why not? It's obsolete. No harm in letting people low-man it.
    That type of policy works in other MMOs because they are frequently raising level caps and whatnot, along with adding gear which are usually strict upgrades to previous gear in order to obsolete the older content and focus players on the new stuff. (Reference: FFXIV and WoW)

FFXI is built more on the side-grade side, ilvl is most likely never going up, and the devs work hard to avoid obsolescence in both gear and content. There are still a bunch of under lv98 things that still see play, we have to do the older stuff to farm high level mats to craft new gear or unlock reforging, etc. The content itself just doesn't get nerfed, though it is common to relax entry requirements as content gets older.

It's nothing new to have to work on a "job that works" in order to gear up the "job you love", and it's really not that hard to do these days. Primary challenge there is inventory space to store the new jobs' gear, not getting to an effective play level. ~_~;;;
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 08-09-2017 at 01:26 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Lordzphyr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I agree the mechanic is freaking crazy had a devil of a time fighting it with my major trust's down.
    (0)
    Last edited by chiefhunglo; 04-23-2018 at 03:29 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2