Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    Player Shiyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    705
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

    To the devs: Why won't you nerf summoner?

    Hello, developers of FFXI(hopefully). I am VERY interested in knowing your reasoning for not nerfing summoner in the slightest these past 7 months. This job can press astral conduit, spam it's most powerful blood pacts and completely obliterate every boss in the entire game effortlessly from a safe distance immune to 100% of any bosses mechanics in 30-60 seconds. This one job has completely neutered and turned every "challenging" boss in the game into a complete joke - there is no challenge anymore if you simply bring at least 2 buffed summoners with geo/cors buffing them and debuffing the mob.

    It really is not fun for a class to be so powerful that there is simply no challenging content left in the game. No other job in the game has the power to simply completely trivalize all of the bosses in this game and kill them in 30-60 seconds.

    Sitting max distance out of 100% of bosses mechanics while you kill them in 30-60 seconds by spamming blood pacts is NOT fun for a lot of people. This is borderline cheating and gamesharking the game. Things like this have no place in a MMORPG.


    Please, I beg of you, developers of FFXI, remove astral conduit from the game until you have time to rebalance it and fix summoner. If you won't remove it, or nerf summoner for SEVEN months(that's long), can you please explain why you're allowing this one job to completely destroy all challenge in your game?

    edit:

    To add to all this:

    If you aren't allowed to get an aeonic from brew killing NM's why are you allowed to get them from AC burning them? AC burning is literally easier and faster.

    I'll quote someone here:

    I'm pretty sure conduit is so damn broken its even faster than brewing.

    Ive brewed WOC and it takes around 2 minutes give or take... conduit with 2 smns takes around 30 seconds. (never brewed albumen)
    So explain why something stronger than brewing is allowed but brewing isn't allowed for kill credit. Brews are LITERALLY game shark, what does that make AC burning? Beat the game button?

    Beat a game button: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUeeFybkRxA
    (2)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 08-05-2017 at 10:24 PM.

  2. #2
    Player Urmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    448
    Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Because bst already got nerfed hard for doing that to a lesser extent and that's there quota
    (0)

  3. #3
    Player Selindrile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    637
    Character
    Selindrile
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The heavy handed way they handled the Bst nerf makes me sure hope they never nerf SMN, I wish they'd just revert the BST changes instead, and while they're at it take back the "Geo nerf" that actually ended up nerfing Melees and Blms.
    (4)

  4. #4
    Player Teraniku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    615
    Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Hello, developers of FFXI(hopefully). I am VERY interested in knowing your reasoning for not nerfing summoner in the slightest these past 7 months. This job can press astral conduit, spam it's most powerful blood pacts and completely obliterate every boss in the entire game effortlessly from a safe distance immune to 100% of any bosses mechanics in 30-60 seconds. This one job has completely neutered and turned every "challenging" boss in the game into a complete joke - there is no challenge anymore if you simply bring at least 2 buffed summoners with geo/cors buffing them and debuffing the mob.

    It really is not fun for a class to be so powerful that there is simply no challenging content left in the game. No other job in the game has the power to simply completely trivalize all of the bosses in this game and kill them in 30-60 seconds.

    Sitting max distance out of 100% of bosses mechanics while you kill them in 30-60 seconds by spamming blood pacts is NOT fun for a lot of people. This is borderline cheating and gamesharking the game. Things like this have no place in a MMORPG.


    Please, I beg of you, developers of FFXI, remove astral conduit from the game until you have time to rebalance it and fix summoner. If you won't remove it, or nerf summoner for SEVEN months(that's long), can you please explain why you're allowing this one job to completely destroy all challenge in your game?
    And again, I'll state that the Summoners putting out those numbers are the best geared / Job Master SMNs. If every SMN could put out those numbers then I could see your point.
    (3)
    Last edited by Teraniku; 08-04-2017 at 05:16 PM.

  5. #5
    Player Nyarlko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,540
    Character
    Nyarlko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    The heavy handed way they handled the Bst nerf makes me sure hope they never nerf SMN, I wish they'd just revert the BST changes instead, and while they're at it take back the "Geo nerf" that actually ended up nerfing Melees and Blms.
    "Geo nerf" was a bug fix. That's not getting reverted.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

  6. #6
    Player Shiyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    705
    Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    And again, I'll state that the Summoners putting out those numbers are the best geared / Job Master SMNs. If every SMN could put out those numbers then I could see your point.
    Doesn't matter if "every" smn can't. Enough can that it invalidates all content and removes all difficulty - literally no other job in the entire game can do this. It's a problem. As time goes on, it becomes a bigger problem as more and more geared master summoners will exist.

    The BST change also needed to happen, 100%. I am so glad I did not play during that abomination of a game state, I would've quit this game in disgust and NEVER returned. I'm sure that game state scarred many players and really hurt the games overall player base a lot, so we can't have something like that happen again. Summoner is doing it but it requires gear, while bst didn't, but more and more people are getting smn gear/jp.
    (1)

  7. #7
    Player saevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    And again, I'll state that the Summoners putting out those numbers are the best geared / Job Master SMNs. If every SMN could put out those numbers then I could see your point.
    This is incorrect. In the beginning possibly, but now practically any SMN can clear nearly all content using AC SMN zerg. The bar is surprisingly low, much lower then originally thought.

    We've already had a situation like this that was corrected before and I'm not talking about BST's. Many moons ago we had legions of BLM's lining up and time nuking / bursting NM's for obscene damage and this method was so safe and easy that it became the gold standard for all challenging content, especially after the Ranger nerf. SE's answer as to create a resistance wall that BLM's chain nuking would rapidly run into. The first two nukes would largely be unaffected but the third and subsequent nuke would rapidly diminish in damage, after a few seconds the resistance reset. This had the effect of not nerfing BLM's individual damage while preventing an army of BLMs from steamrolling everything. Something similar needs to happen to SMN's BP damage, an individual SMN won't be effected but a group of them would be.

    And before a SMN gripes about melee's, melee's must stand in range and take the hits from those boss monsters. Those hits hurt and worse yet they inflict very bad status ailments like Doom, Amnesia, Terror, Slow, Paralyze, Virus, Silence, Stat Down, Max HP reduction and so forth.
    (2)
    Last edited by saevel; 08-05-2017 at 12:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

    Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

  8. #8
    Player Urmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    448
    Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Teraniku View Post
    And again, I'll state that the Summoners putting out those numbers are the best geared / Job Master SMNs. If every SMN could put out those numbers then I could see your point.
    Same thing went for bst (with much smaller numbers to begin with) and look at what happened
    (0)

  9. #9
    Player Selindrile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    637
    Character
    Selindrile
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I hear/heard a lot more people complaining and saying they're quitting over the nerfs, than anyone ever did about the situations that preceded the nerfs.

    I don't think any of these nerfs were warranted, Bst, or Geo (even if it was a bug fix).
    (0)

  10. #10
    Player saevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,345
    Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    I hear/heard a lot more people complaining and saying they're quitting over the nerfs
    And none of them ever did actually quit, they stopped playing for a day or three then got right back on.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

    Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast