Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Fenrirlb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 38
    the tears are enormous in this thread ... how about playing without SMN in your Party if its too easy for you? Or trying to play with 1 Hand? In a Handstand? With closed Eyes? Create your own Challenge.
    (3)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrirlb View Post
    the tears are enormous in this thread ... how about playing without SMN in your Party if its too easy for you? Or trying to play with 1 Hand? In a Handstand? With closed Eyes? Create your own Challenge.
    No. This is a MMORPG.
    (0)

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    No, the entire game doesn't need to be redesigned because of a single job. That one single job needs to be changed(read: nerfed).

I love summoner, I think it's so cool and unique. I always miss my summoner whenever I play another MMO because no other MMO has a job like SMN. However, with how summoner is in it's current state, and how it's just a fotm job, I feel horrible ever being on my summoner and playing it.

I want to not feel horrible being on my summoner and not like a bluemage/bst player.

If I miss 1/5 WS, I don't really complain. If I could WS while bypassing 100% of enemy mechanics and never die, I'd probably be bored out of my mind because there'd be no risk or challenge, only reward. I don't understand this smn main mindset of "well uh I lose 5 seconds of DPS!" and "well we're not op see, just every boss is badly designed!". Like, hello? If a DD dies they lose damage for FIVE minutes.

It's been SEVEN months, it's time to bring challenge back to this game and remove smn AC zerging. It's absolutely insane that this has been allowed to go on for SO long.

Do these developers care so little about their game that they'll let one single job completely ruin it and destroy it?

To add to all this:

If you aren't allowed to get an aeonic from brew killing NM's why are you allowed to get them from AC burning them? AC burning is literally easier and faster.

I'll quote someone here:

So explain why something stronger than brewing is allowed but brewing isn't allowed for kill credit. Brews are LITERALLY game shark, what does that make AC burning? Beat the game button?

Beat a game button: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUeeFybkRxA
    Remove AC: i can still easy-button the vast majority of escha content.
    Cut normal BP DPS: ruins SMN in more standard situations, SMN already cannot keep up with dedicated Melee DD, the gulf would worsen.

In order to balance the game and preserve an even level of competitiveness for SMN as a DD, other core game mechanics need to be balanced.

Omen is a great example of proper content. SMN is a great DD, but on all 6 bosses, there is no 100-0 conduit strategy because each boss is able to easily kill avatars or hard-stop the fight. There's also no HP scaling, so larger groups can compete on an even playing field.

Right now on Asura there are still 3x the number of BLUs there are of SMN. Which is the bandwagon job?
    (4)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Expecting the entire game to be redesigned because your ONE JOB completely bypasses the entire games mechanics and ignores 100% of boss mechanics is one of the most absurd things I've ever seen on a MMORPG forum. Actually, what's more absurd is people are UPVOTING your posts, which is just depressing, but I guess it makes sense, MMO players are attracted to easymode gear/zero difficulty jobs/playstyles.

Your job is broken, it needs to be gutted. Classes shouldn't be able to safely DPS from range ignoring 100% of a bosses mechanics while also being able to do the most damage in the entire game.

Your job is LITERALLY more effective and powerful than using a brew, that speaks volumes about how truly broken SMN is.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 08-06-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Player
    MMO players are attracted to easymode gear/zero difficulty jobs/playstyles.
    So, you'd rather FFXI be less attractive to MMO players.... think about that for a second.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodnon View Post
    Right now on Asura there are still 3x the number of BLUs there are of SMN. Which is the bandwagon job?
    At this very moment on Asura there are 3x the number of THFs as there are SMN, I'm not calling for SMN (or anything) to be nerfed, quite the opposite, I'm just pointing out, a lot of this has to do with solo utility rather than event usage that people are talking about.
    (0)

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Expecting the entire game to be redesigned because your ONE JOB completely bypasses the entire games mechanics and ignores 100% of boss mechanics is one of the most absurd things I've ever seen on a MMORPG forum. Actually, what's more absurd is people are UPVOTING your posts, which is just depressing, but I guess it makes sense, MMO players are attracted to easymode gear/zero difficulty jobs/playstyles.

Your job is broken, it needs to be gutted. Classes shouldn't be able to safely DPS from range ignoring 100% of a bosses mechanics while also being able to do the most damage in the entire game.

Your job is LITERALLY more effective and powerful than using a brew, that speaks volumes about how truly broken SMN is.

I'm wanting the core game to be fixed because there are issues with it that led to our current situation. Fix the problems of the game instead of simply chasing the symptoms of those issues.

just nerfing smn into the dirt won't fix the fact that melee DD are considered garbage in 90% of cases against endgame. Just removing HP scaling mechanics alone from Geas Fete mobs would balance it so other party member heavy setups could compete on even ground.
    Hell, tweaking schah so he spawns with a pet up would stop burning him (or at least make it much more complicated).
    (3)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodnon View Post
    I'm wanting the core game to be fixed because there are issues with it that led to our current situation. Fix the problems of the game instead of simply chasing the symptoms of those issues.

just nerfing smn into the dirt won't fix the fact that melee DD are considered garbage in 90% of cases against endgame. Just removing HP scaling mechanics alone from Geas Fete mobs would balance it so other party member heavy setups could compete on even ground.
    Hell, tweaking schah so he spawns with a pet up would stop burning him (or at least make it much more complicated).
    Is this post from 2015? Melee DD"s have been good for 2 years now, omen made them even beter.
    (0)

Player
    Is this post from 2015? Melee DD"s have been good for 2 years now, omen made them even beter.
    Why are you complaining about SMN then? >_>;;

I'm gonna laugh my butt off if allllll of this argument comes down to a matter of kill-speed alone being the primary point of contention. Let me ask you this: If the durations on all the nasty spammed debuffs in Escha zones were reduced to 10sec, and direct damage from them reduced to a point unlikely to one-shot melee players, would there be any legitimate reasons to complain about SMN? Honestly, at that point, I'd say it comes down to healer quality rather than who's dealing the damage. If that's still too much for an average WHM to handle, that sounds like healing is what needs the attention rather than calling for nerfs to SMN.
    (2)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Answer to your question has been answered multiple times in people posts by me and other people. Please read before you reply to things(you never do).
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast