Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player
    Someone over on bgwiki tested here. It's roughly halved when used as subjob.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Interesting, though the formula for the damage boost can't be right, as I was seeing +200 with using a 1 dmg weapon and getting ~85 normal jump damage, as well as 900ish with a 299 dmg weapon. Should have been much higher damage change between weapons. So its not multiplying those numbers and stats with normal damage, as that would not mesh with the above.

So there is something else going on with how the +dmg is determined. Gonna see if can do some sam/mnk tests by first checking if normal damage/ws damage is consistent enough.
    (0)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Well, with naked 50Sam/23 mnk, using mumeito(lv1 wep 12 dmg) Get 73-76 damage on normal swings, boost gives me a damage range of 135-138(+62 damage from boost) from initial testing. So either stats make a large difference or its not tied to subjob level. So I should be able to swap to a Combat Caster Scimitar and see +62 damage from boost as well. However with the Combat Caster Scimitar(lv 40 26 dmg) I am seeing ~+99(117-121 unboosted, 217-220 boosted limited testing) . Maybe its partly tied to weapon rank?(Puk-whatever sword, Gae Derg+1, and Hotspur might have same rank)

Working on getting some WS testing in, takes a bit for sekkanoki to cooldown.Will add to this soon as have enough to tell.

Edit - Preliminary results, Sekkanoki'ed Hobaku was doing 194-198 without boost, first one with boost was 222. Need to do a few more though looking like if Boost is modifying WS's it is via a stat modifier adjustment and not adding what it does for normal attacks. So no wonder its not being noticed affecting weapon skills if this is true. Need to do more Sekkanoki'ed Hobaku's to confirm. (again all this is on tunnel worms in south gustaberg)

Edit 2- I have yet to get an unboosted Hobaku to do over 200 damage, and a boosted one to do less than 211(222 highest). Stopped using Sekkanoki to get numbers faster, still getting very narrow damage ranges(its damage isn't tp modified so its to be expected). With the 58 Str I have, and hobaku's 60% Str mod, if understand TP modifiers right would mean Boost would be adding around a 35% to the Str modifier to make up the 22 damage difference on the high end(not too familiar with the formulas)

Edit 3- Went to test to rule out/in weapon rank, and found that boost makes the most difference on normal attacks. CC Scimitar normal attacks got more on 99blu/23mnk, and then pukwhatever basically doubled in damage(~+450) on both Drg and Blu.... So boost is in an odd spot now.
    (0)
    Last edited by Hawklaser; 08-06-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    "Accepted Bugs" forum is actually just the first stage that submitted bug reports go through as long as they follow the template. ^^;; Since I followed the template with the two Boost related bug reports, they'll look into it but doesn't mean that it's been confirmed to be a bug just yet.
    They should really change it to "Accepted Bug Reports" so people stop making this assumption.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Folken View Post
    They should really change it to "Accepted Bug Reports" so people stop making this assumption.
    Might be nice since lots of people don't seem to read the sticky there. What we are watching for is where they get moved to. From "Accepted Bugs" it'll get moved to one of the following, in best>worst order: "Confirmed/Planning to Address" / "Unable to Verify" / "Working as Intended".

"Confirmed/Planning to Address" = They admit it's a bug and will work on fixing it (eventually).
    "Unable to Verify" = They were unable to reproduce the bug by following the steps in the bug report. This is why we need to follow the template there and be as detailed as possible with anything that is involved in causing the bug to occur.
    "Working as Intended" = The "bug" is fully intentional, and/or they have no plans to change anything related to the "bug".

All the other subforums are only for the first stage of acceptance/rejection of the submission stage.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    So has anyone done a lil more testing on boosted weaponskills? I saw that it was effecting them(as posted above), but if its only a ~35%Str mod when used as a SJ, I can see it being missed quite easily on most weapon skills(especially since they can vary a lot on harder targets) as I'm around ~300Str on my Drg.

Either way, boost likely needs a boost when it comes to using with weapon skills as is.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    The vast majority math done on ws shows no definite proof that it's doing anything at all.
    (0)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    The vast majority math done on ws shows no definite proof that it's doing anything at all.
    Well, I guess I'll try some testing tonight using shoulder tackle to see if I get similar results to what I got with hobaku then. If understanding formulas right and shoulder tackles fTP of 1.0, I should see at least 33% of my Str added to shoulder tackle's damage, like what I saw on 50Sam. And with shoulder tackle not having a native str mod I may be able to vary str a little via /blu and gear to see if can change the ammount added.

As to why its not being seen else where...my 99 drg with lower end gear has ~300 total Str, so 100 base damage is likely being missed unless on a multihit that copies a decent fTP, or something with a very high fTP and the testing done on lv0 mobs to minimize normal damage variation as much as possible. As I know if I had done the same testing with jump on those lv 100-101 urganites mentioned earlier I likely would not have noticed the +2xx damage with over 400 variation in baseline damage.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawklaser View Post
    Well, I guess I'll try some testing tonight using shoulder tackle to see if I get similar results to what I got with hobaku then. If understanding formulas right and shoulder tackles fTP of 1.0, I should see at least 33% of my Str added to shoulder tackle's damage, like what I saw on 50Sam. And with shoulder tackle not having a native str mod I may be able to vary str a little via /blu and gear to see if can change the ammount added.

As to why its not being seen else where...my 99 drg with lower end gear has ~300 total Str, so 100 base damage is likely being missed unless on a multihit that copies a decent fTP, or something with a very high fTP and the testing done on lv0 mobs to minimize normal damage variation as much as possible. As I know if I had done the same testing with jump on those lv 100-101 urganites mentioned earlier I likely would not have noticed the +2xx damage with over 400 variation in baseline damage.
    Unless they did it totally different than they did the melee hits or the other testing and the note is wrong then it's not working that way. Based on the notes and testing it is adding some independent of str and some based on str. Also remember that pdif was involved.

Easiest way to look at it is if it was working worst and most likely case scenario it's adding after ftp kind of like most of the extra stat mods like that and as such should add at a minimum as much dmg to the ws as it does to your normal hits. Though gotta make sure to account for things like crit vs not and relic procs etc and the variance that is pdif
    (0)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Unless they did it totally different than they did the melee hits or the other testing and the note is wrong then it's not working that way. Based on the notes and testing it is adding some independent of str and some based on str. Also remember that pdif was involved.

Easiest way to look at it is if it was working worst and most likely case scenario it's adding after ftp kind of like most of the extra stat mods like that and as such should add at a minimum as much dmg to the ws as it does to your normal hits. Though gotta make sure to account for things like crit vs not and relic procs etc and the variance that is pdif
    Which is why using Shoulder Tackle, as it should not be able to crit, and targeting Tunnel Worms in South Gustaberg so all of that stuff is minimized. Crits are easy to see and toss out on normal attacks, and I don't have a relic for a 23 mnk.

So far with a naked lv 23mnk/blu(no spells set, also no +str spells or gear on hand to vary str at this level) I had 30 str on the dot. For normal attacks I was seeing 59-61 damage, with boost I was seeing 318-330 which is quite nice. So far so good, working as intended.

Now with Shoulder Tackle, from what I am seeing so far, and earlier Hobaku testing, Boost is indeed effecting WS's... just no where as dramatically as normal attacks. Need more numbers to confirm better, as gonna take time without a pocket Sam or Sch to feed TP(60tp a pop takes a bit to build up). When I do Shoulder Tackle without boost, so far have gotten a range of 187-193 for damage, and with boost, the range has been 199-206. Which interestingly enough is ~10 dmg or approximately 1/3 of my Str being added to Shoulder Tackle.

Now as to where at in the formula that is being added, I'll leave that to someone else. Gonna work on getting some more numbers for a bit, if see something that tosses the above out will edit it in.

So with how Boost is working, I don't know if it fixes mnk much at all. So curious as to what would be thought of if boost was turned more into a stance like say Hasso, that could not be active(or in drastically reduced effect) with Hundred Fists? Reason would have to exclude it from Hundred Fists is it would be ridiculously broken if combined. Would make for an interesting High Damage/Delay Low TP feed mode for MNK to partly keep up with others high end WS spam. That is of course, if they don't tweak the WS and JA aspects of Boost soon.
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast