Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55
  1. #1
    Player Nyclia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    84
    Character
    Nyclia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

    15 sec of just standing around, after using a "Boost"(ed H2H ws...)

    Ok, please explain to me, how any boosted ws justifies a hand-to-hand delay of 15 seconds, where you just stand around and let the mob hit you... .
    PLEASE explain that to me Square Enix... .

    In fact this leads to an abolition of Boost in the game... . A repeal... .
    (Greetings to Trump. We see how good a repeal does to the people... <.<.)

    Add: I disabled Boost until a future change. I don't want to force me to not use Boost all the time as i'm used to. This Boost adjustment is like a devalue of monk and revalue of pup. The opposite of what SE should have done, as many player should think. Well done, SE... .
    (3)
    Last edited by Nyclia; 08-03-2017 at 09:33 PM.

  2. #2
    Player Nyarlko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,523
    Character
    Nyarlko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I thought that Boost had gotten changed to a WS-onry, sorta-SneakAttack, type buff from the way it's described. Quite surprised that it's a 15sec delay tho. lol That does seem a tiny bit extreme.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

  3. #3
    Player Hawklaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    243
    Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    With how the patch notes for it is worded, and it increasing delay as long as mentioned here. I have to wonder if the boost buff is now consumed on the first weapon skill, attack or job ability after it is used or if its after a set amount of time that it goes away.

    The main reason I am curious, is to see if mnk/drg or drg/mnk would be worth testing now. As the notes did mention it also affecting Tp gain of the hit after using it. Drg's jumps are very good at generating TP normally. So wondering if the boost from boost would make for some absurd ws-> jump-> ws-> high jump-> ws moments if the tp and damage boost is significant enough to take advantage of the increased delay instead of being off put by it.
    (0)

  4. #4
    Player Morovich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    90
    Character
    Krokov
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Just tested it on my monk and when boost is active you can't Auto attack at all it turns off your auto attack the only thing you can do is use a weapon skill or something like chi blast. I did it does last for at least like 15 seconds and then when the effect wears off you'll Auto attack and you'll have that boosted Auto attack and it does do more damage. So basically when you activate it you can use weapon skill and afterward you'll stand there for a few seconds and start Auto attacking again. But if you use like boost before you attack them up you can't attack them up with auto attack while it's active.

    They NEED to reduce the auto attack increase by maybe five seconds and then it'll be ok I think or change it so that after use a weapon skill with boost you start Auto attacking again within no more than 2 seconds
    (0)
    Last edited by Morovich; 08-04-2017 at 02:24 AM.

  5. #5
    Player Hawklaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    243
    Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Morovich View Post
    Just tested it on my monk and when boost is active you can't Auto attack at all it turns off your auto attack the only thing you can do is use a weapon skill or something like chi blast. I did it does last for at least like 15 seconds and then when the effect wears off you'll Auto attack and you'll have that boosted Auto attack and it does do more damage. So basically when you activate it you can use weapon skill and afterward you'll stand there for a few seconds and start Auto attacking again. But if you use like boost before you attack them up you can't attack them up with auto attack while it's active.

    They NEED to reduce the auto attack increase by maybe five seconds and then it'll be ok I think or change it so that after use a weapon skill with boost you start Auto attacking again within no more than 2 seconds
    Hmm I may just have to test out drg/mnk tonight when I get a chance since the ws and chi blast are not consuming the buff. As there might be potential for boosted jumps leading to some very interesting results.

    While I am not quite sure how h2h and the jumps interact, but pretty sure both weapons when dual wielding hit in a jump so would assume same is true for h2h. I know job traits like double attack work, as well as weapon additional effects so kicks should trigger. Mostly mentiooning this for those that have not used drg.
    (0)

  6. #6
    Player Pups323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    75
    Character
    Alzula
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It also loos like boost is adding next to 0 damage to weapon skills....

    Also note that the 15 sec delay goes down to like <10 seconds when fully hasted (gear, ability, magic, etc)
    (0)

  7. #7
    Player Nyarlko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,523
    Character
    Nyarlko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pups323 View Post
    It also loos like boost is adding next to 0 damage to weapon skills....

    Also note that the 15 sec delay goes down to like <10 seconds when fully hasted (gear, ability, magic, etc)
    Gear haste does not affect the duration/delay, but MA+ from gear and magic haste does. Haven't checked JA haste like Samba tho.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

  8. #8
    Player Nyclia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    84
    Character
    Nyclia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Ok... .

    Quick question. Since people overdo it with abbreviations.
    MA+ = Martial Arts? You know there is Magic Attack or Accuracy in FFXI terms.
    Which wouldn't make sense on Monk.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyclia; 08-05-2017 at 02:54 AM.

  9. #9
    Player Hawklaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    243
    Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Well with the extremely limited testing I did, this won't make mnk take off unless boost adds a lot more for a mnk main.

    With a 23 mnk subjob, boost bumped tp gain of spirit and soul jump by ~100%. Soul returns ~ 450 for me normally and with boost I got a lil over 900. And did some engagement testing as well. So I think boost is temporarily setting weapon delay to 999 and also adding that to current time until next attack. This is due to long delay until an auto from just activating boost with weapon drawn, but if have to draw weapon get same message that happens when try to redraw a long delay weapon if mob dies after you just swung.

    For the damage bonus, I got an extra ~200 damage when used boost with jump. Was against tunnel worms in south gustaberg. I used gae derg+1, hotspur lance, and sword from arke (puk-something or other). All 3 weapons got the 200 damage. Would need to do more intensive testing to pick out things better, though each of the jumps were doing within 30 dmg of each other outside of the obvious crits.(only did 5-10 tests of boost vs unboosted to get an idea of how big of a boost would get)

    Any ws or jump cleared the boost buff but delay on attack was still there after the attack.

    If mnk gets the same damage when it uses boost I dont think this will fix stuff unless it applies to all hits of ws's like asuran fists, and is more pronounced or it adds a ton to mnks single hit ws's.
    (0)

  10. #10
    Player Urmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    447
    Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyclia View Post
    Ok... .

    Quick question. Since people overdo it with abbreviations.
    MA+ = Martial Arts? You know there is Magic Attack or Accuracy in FFXI terms.
    Which wouldn't make sense on Monk.
    Yes. Magic accuracy is abbreviated macc, magic attack bonus is abbreviated mab,
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread