Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    On the JP forums a CM replied "yeah boost doesnt work on weapon skills and it removes boost. since it works during the interval between auto attacks you have to wait for it" and people replied back "I don't understand"

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...150#post599150
    Salalaruru (who's one of the primary ComReps on JPside) did not address that WS are not getting the announced benefits at all, only that the delay until your next auto attack sticks around even after consuming it is working as intended. The few player replies after that are trying to figure out what it's good for now since a 1min CD seems like something intended to be used regularly and the damage increase is nice but the delay after use seems unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Dunno who that CM was that said that but they're wrong. It's a bug, because the developers accepted it as a bug (it's in the Accepted Bugs section) which tells me Boost is supposed to apply damage to WS.
    "Accepted Bugs" forum is actually just the first stage that submitted bug reports go through as long as they follow the template. ^^;; Since I followed the template with the two Boost related bug reports, they'll look into it but doesn't mean that it's been confirmed to be a bug just yet.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 08-06-2017 at 04:29 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I read that JP Rep's post. He didn't say that it wasn't affecting ws. Just confirming that the auto-attack delay increase is still there after the status wears off.

If I was only seeing 200 damage increase on jumps, which were being consistent 1 hits on tunnel worms in south gustaberg. I doubt that without people doing major testing they will be able to spot if boost is making a difference on WS's unless they have one that is highly consistent in its damage, and a good target for testing it on.

Maybe a Sam/mnk would be best if got a WS that is very consistent(like under 100 dmg variation when using sekkanoki when not critting) and a lv 0 mob
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawklaser View Post
    I read that JP Rep's post. He didn't say that it wasn't affecting ws. Just confirming that the auto-attack delay increase is still there after the status wears off.

If I was only seeing 200 damage increase on jumps, which were being consistent 1 hits on tunnel worms in south gustaberg. I doubt that without people doing major testing they will be able to spot if boost is making a difference on WS's unless they have one that is highly consistent in its damage, and a good target for testing it on.

Maybe a Sam/mnk would be best if got a WS that is very consistent(like under 100 dmg variation when using sekkanoki when not critting) and a lv 0 mob
    The damage variance should be larger with a fully leveled subjob. All the other JAs effectiveness is stated to be scale with MNK's level, and they are being reduced by half with /49MNK, so you are getting less than half of that with /23MNK.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    The damage variance should be larger with a fully leveled subjob. All the other JAs effectiveness is stated to be scale with MNK's level, and they are being reduced by half with /49MNK, so you are getting less than half of that with /23MNK.
    Actually, no it shouldn't be. With a higher leveled mnk subjob I might see more than +200 damage. But the variance on my Jumps and WS's would be the same when testing on level 0 mobs. Which was ~5 dmg with hotspur lance, and ~30 with Gae Derg, narrow enough that the boost bonus is very obvious. Ws's are a bit harder to control due to TP, which is why asking if Sam has a very consistent one with sekkanoki as they can control how much TP is used. That way we could easily see if it is effecting ws's which can vary by thousands on harder mobs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Hawklaser; 08-06-2017 at 06:35 AM.

Player
    Actually, no it shouldn't be. With a higher leveled mnk subjob I might see more than +200 damage. But the variance on my Jumps and WS's would be the same when testing on level 0 mobs. Which was ~5 dmg with hotspur lance, and ~30 with Gae Derg, narrow enough that the boost bonus is very obvious. Ws's are a bit harder to control due to TP, which is why asking if Sam has a very consistent one with sekkanoki as they can control how much TP is used. That way we could easily see if it is effecting ws's which can very by thousands on harder mobs.
    Lots of testing has already been done, including a bit by myself using 3k TP WS only, and there is no determinable difference in damage when using Boost w/ WS, even for MNK main-job.
    (0)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    What has the test target been? Something like a level 0 mob? Where any normal variance in the ws's damage would be minimal. Or end game targets where it will vary a lot?
    (0)

Player
    What has the test target been? Something like a level 0 mob? Where any normal variance in the ws's damage would be minimal. Or end game targets where it will vary a lot?
    That's what most people do. I used Bight Uragnites in Yahse since they are great for holding up to TP gain and have a very narrow level range (100-101), but I was more interested in the basic mechanics than specific numbers. Tested on various jobs, various ws, and the only time I had any significant variance was due to my mule skilling up enough for Sylvie(UC) to switch to using attack bubbles instead of accuracy ones. /slapself

Just goofing around with 99DRG/49MNK vs lv75 mobs, and normal Jump is ~2k while Boost+Jump is ~4k so far, after about 5x of each. Both values are holding pretty steady, so I'd say that subjob level probably makes a much larger difference than you were expecting.

(As soon as I posted this, my Boost+Jump numbers dropped to 2.6k-3k ><;; lol Probably got a string of crits at first I guess. Still higher than normal, but comparable to Boosted melee swings.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 08-06-2017 at 07:08 AM.

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Against lv 75+ mobs, you may also be having double/triple/quad attack going off too. With 49 mnk then should be able to pin down how much it is adding when remove chances for multi hits, much like I can clearly see the +200some bonus from boost with sj at 23. Its not mob variance need to watch, its damage you do to the mob with what are testing. I'd have to go level mnk a bit, but I could pin down the bonus damage pretty fast once it hit 49 using those tunnel worms.

While Im working on getting a spell for blue, watching my damage on mobs in the area my normal swings have a range of over 100 damage(190-300 that I have seen for non-crits). With that kind of variance in normal swings spotting the 200 damage i would get from /mnk and boost would be much harder to see, so can't really test it on those mobs. But if I go to the tunnel worms outside bastok, I would almost guarantee that range of damage goes down to around 30 tops, like I was seeing with Drg. Its minimizing the variance on your swings so its more apparent. Now apply that to weaponskills which would amplify that variation in normal damage to be even larger amounts.

I was interested in basic mechanics of it as well. Without knowing how much it may add, I needed a target where my normal damage would be consistent enough where would spot the change(30 variance vs 100+ for example). A level 100 mob won't be easy to spot the change on unless you also happen to have high enough stats that your auto attack damage is in a very narrow range.

Edit as showed up mid post:

(As soon as I posted this, my Boost+Jump numbers dropped to 2.6k-3k ><;; lol Probably got a string of crits at first I guess. Still higher than normal, but comparable to Boosted melee swings.)
    This here shows what I am getting at, with a range of 2.6-3k (~400), it would be hard to notice a change of 200 outside of the extreme ends and by doing 100's of tests. Which is why I used the tunnel worms, to eliminate as much of that variation as possible to make it easier to notice what is going on. Have a lot of the other people testing it been able to say its not affected by weapon damage or delay with certainty? As with what I saw I am almost 100% certain thats the case for all but TP gain.
    (0)
    Last edited by Hawklaser; 08-06-2017 at 07:48 AM.

Player
    Against lv 75+ mobs, you may also be having double/triple/quad attack going off too. With 49 mnk then should be able to pin down how much it is adding when remove chances for multi hits, much like I can clearly see the +200some bonus from boost with sj at 23. Its not mob variance need to watch, its damage you do to the mob with what are testing. I'd have to go level mnk a bit, but I could pin down the bonus damage pretty fast once it hit 49 using those tunnel worms.

While Im working on getting a spell for blue, watching my damage on mobs in the area my normal swings have a range of over 100 damage(190-300 that I have seen for non-crits). With that kind of variance in normal swings spotting the 200 damage i would get from /mnk and boost would be much harder to see, so can't really test it on those mobs. But if I go to the tunnel worms outside bastok, I would almost guarantee that range of damage goes down to around 30 tops, like I was seeing with Drg. Its minimizing the variance on your swings so its more apparent. Now apply that to weaponskills which would amplify that variation in normal damage to be even larger amounts.

I was interested in basic mechanics of it as well. Without knowing how much it may add, I needed a target where my normal damage would be consistent enough where would spot the change(30 variance vs 100+ for example). A level 100 mob won't be easy to spot the change on unless you also happen to have high enough stats that your auto attack damage is in a very narrow range.

This here shows what I am getting at, with a range of 2.6-3k (~400), it would be hard to notice a change of 200 outside of the extreme ends and by doing 100's of tests. Which is why I used the tunnel worms, to eliminate as much of that variation as possible to make it easier to notice what is going on. Have a lot of the other people testing it been able to say its not affected by weapon damage or delay with certainty? As with what I saw I am almost 100% certain thats the case for all but TP gain.
    No multi-attacks proccing according to TP return, and actually pretty sure that Boost prevents all other procs other than critical hits from occurring. Crit Jump alone was hovering ~3k. Assuming my first few were all crits, then crit Boost+Jump was ~4k, which is a difference. My point was simply that you won't be getting the full value of Boost while using an underleveled sub, so it may be better than you are thinking it is, even if it's not amazingly awesome.
    (0)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    No multi-attacks proccing according to TP return, and actually pretty sure that Boost prevents all other procs other than critical hits from occurring. Crit Jump alone was hovering ~3k. Assuming my first few were all crits, then crit Boost+Jump was ~4k, which is a difference. My point was simply that you won't be getting the full value of Boost while using an underleveled sub, so it may be better than you are thinking it is, even if it's not amazingly awesome.
    Yeah, I was not assuming that was getting the full bonus, but more asserting that Mnk mains would need to be getting much more than 200 for it address their issues, or in the case of SJ at 49 also needing to be higher to become a serious option alongside the ever useful /war and /sam. For all we know it could work in a manner similar to /sch and light/dark arts. But knowing to expect seeing at least 200ish change is still useful for those doing more intensive testing, as well as other stuff I saw.

Edit: Also, if the change isn't larger for WS's something like 200 could very easily be missed due to how much they can vary by TP, as well as all the other things that can go on when attacking high level targets such as missed hits, crits, kicks, and DA/TA/QA going off, enemy gaurding if it can, etc. So boost might indeed be effecting WS's, but might be being missed due to normal variance in WS damage on the target, as Boost's potency should be constant outside of mnk level(seemed like it in my tests so far).

So basically suggesting find a ws available to sam/mnk or mnk/sam that has very consistent damage(less than 50 dmg variance for example) on a target when TP is controlled either via 3000 or sekkanoki so can actually rule out as many variables as possible. To really see if it is affecting them or not instead of it possibly being missed in inconsistent WS damage due to being a small amount like say the 200 I was seeing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Hawklaser; 08-06-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast