Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Edelfelt
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Ambuscade Cape upgrading process improvement...

Please let us upgrade the Ambuscade Capes like Escha gear. I'm talking about the need to trade 60 times just to upgrade this cape 1 upgrade at a time lol. xD
    (1)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This was unfortunately intended by the Devs because of something on the line of making mistakes in trading in mats on the wrong augment than the one you desire to augment

Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Hello!

Unfortunately, we have no plans to make this adjustment.

The reason being we wanted to lessen the risk of mistakes happening when trading in multiple items at once. For example, if you turned in 20 and selected the wrong stats, then it would have been a lot worse than trading in one and making a mistake.

We hope you understand our decision when it comes to trading items concerning Ambuscade-related cape augments and thank you for your feedback!
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuidar View Post
    This was unfortunately intended by the Devs because of something on the line of making mistakes in trading in mats on the wrong augment than the one you desire to augment
    That literally doesn't make any logical sense. I'm going to assume it's a mistranslation.

Please fix ambu cape trading so I can fully augment in 1 trade instead of 20 per augmentation. Thank you.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    That literally doesn't make any logical sense. I'm going to assume it's a mistranslation.

Please fix ambu cape trading so I can fully augment in 1 trade instead of 20 per augmentation. Thank you.
    It's not a mistranslation unfortunately. When they made the system, there were several things missing for it to have been safe for the devs to allow multiple upgrades per trade. Like no way to change upgrade path IIRC without restarting from 0.

They've also said that it would take as much work to accomplish it now, as it would to implement new battle content... It would be easier for them to delete the current NPC and replace it with a new one built from scratch, than it would be to change anything not designed to be changing monthly anyway.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 08-03-2017 at 05:03 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    It's not a mistranslation unfortunately. When they made the system, there were several things missing for it to have been safe for the devs to allow multiple upgrades per trade. They've also said that it would take as much work to accomplish it now, as it would to implement new battle content... It would be easier for them to delete the current NPC and replace it with a new one built from scratch, than it would be to change anything not designed to be changing monthly anyway.
    That makes even less sense. I'm going to assume that's a mistranslation as well.
    (0)

Player
    That makes even less sense. I'm going to assume that's a mistranslation as well.
    No mistranslation. It's the way it was designed. Doesn't matter whether you like the answer if it's true, or official.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    No mistranslation. It's the way it was designed. Doesn't matter whether you like the answer if it's true, or official.
    I don't believe that it's actually possible to design something that..awkward.

Anyways.

Please fix ambu cape trading so I can fully augment in 1 trade instead of 10-20 per augmentation. Thank you.
    (0)

Player
    I don't believe that it's actually possible to design something that..awkward.

Anyways.

Please fix ambu cape trading so I can fully augment in 1 trade instead of 10-20 per augmentation. Thank you.
    Well, it happened. So it doesn't matter if you believe it did or not. Far from the first time that content/gear was more convoluted than actually necessary too. :/ (Have you ever made a completed Monstrosity torque? I haven't been able to find full completed stats on those, and believe that the lack of info is due to the overly complex system making it undesirable to even bother completing the content.)

The official line on this IS that they don't want to, and are unable to due to technical reasons, make the change requested.

I'd be far more surprised if they started working on this, than if the announced new battle content provides even more awesome capes that utterly obsolete Ambuscade capes. ^^;; They DID say it would be easier to make a new event than to fix Ambuscade after all. Maybe it's a straight up replacement. XD
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 08-03-2017 at 05:24 AM.

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Can they just make it so he can store the dye, sap, thread etc stuff?

From that can have like a double confirmation like selling in AH has when we pick a augment.

Also can choose how many upgrades with that item we want.

Would fix the problem.
    (0)

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Like no way to change upgrade path IIRC without restarting from 0.
    The needle changes the stat you chose and keeps the amount trading in, 1k gallantry and only 2 available per month, but it's a option.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast