Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Incoming Monk buff speculation

Just curious what people's thoughts are before they announce what the changes are.

I used to enjoy Monk back when salvage 1 was the thing to do.

Thoughts?
    (0)

Player
    Since it's stated as "monk abilities", it's probably not WS or JT adjustments.. Only thing I can think of as a non-MNK would be changing Boost from a static value to a percentage.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    300 fist and death punch incoming,
    Jk, but would like to use mnk again.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Since they said monk abilities it's almost 100% JA though initial teasers are highly subject to change

As such my thoughts are they will either be ridiculously OP or not effective. A lot of the problem with mnk is all jobs ws/melee dmg rations now incredibly favor ws... except h2h which has just terrible ws. If they tried to do something that boosted melee dmg enough to compensate that would need to be something huge. And only thing I can think of JA wise exist or sort of does already that would give ws the boost they need is to well give boost a boost. Specifically make it more like boost from Yovra's Flourescence or a Hippogryph's Fantod
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    They could do things like make Footwork better (more likely to kick attack or make kicks more powerful), they could make Boost more powerful and last for a duration instead of "next attack" (and remove the stacking thing to compensate for it being less powerful) and give it a longer cooldown to compensate for that (basically, turn it into a psuedo-berserk, with perhaps shorter recast, but smaller buff).

But yeah, the main problem with MNK is the inability to do any kind of damage whatsoever with a weaponskill. TP for a MNK is almost useless. Ooo, look at me, I can hit something for 2000 damage with Spiral. Yaaay. *sigh*
    (1)