Player

Like this post if you think today's Let's Go Vana'diel event is underwhelming

I'm anticipating many likes.

Here are the details if you haven't read them.
    (13)

Player
    XD There are no details in the official post! I get that they want it to be part of the fun to figure out what is going on, but maybe at the 12hr mark, they should post a detailed post to make sure that we don't miss anything.

And yeah.... splattering Wild Rabbits for a consumable costume item isn't really that fun or exciting to me. :/
    (4)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

3. 07-15-2017 05:17 AM

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    They should have made it so that the large monsters give EXP and CP for the duration, that way it would have been kind of nostalgic running around the likes of West Ronfaure killing rabbits.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Last month on the 15th (Let's Go Vana'diel Day) we got UNM Dial on boxes, mega-power boost to Special Dial treasures, maxed CAP bonuses, and a few other bonuses too I think.

I am quite a fan of the Special Dial, and last month on the 15th the loot was really good for me, just crazy loopy Lootopia. I'm not sure if the bonus is active again today, so I may just hang on to my Special Keys.

I notice there's no UNM Dial or other new dial today, so that probably means we are back to Onion Knives and insect wings on the Special Dial. I'm not willing to part with my Special Keys under these vague and unclear circumstances!

you do know the special KEYS always have the same gear and items right? only the special DIAL changes during certain campaigns. allegedly. (The keys always has access to the better stuff where the dial has to be during a campaign it has the special or better chance for good stuff.)
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    you do know the special KEYS always have the same gear and items right? only the special DIAL changes during certain campaigns. allegedly. (The keys always has access to the better stuff where the dial has to be during a campaign it has the special or better chance for good stuff.)
    SP Keys give exactly whatever the dial is scheduled to give at the time you use it. No campaign = normal loot, whether you use a key or tally. All that a SP key does is give you a free spin of the SP dial.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I am pretty sure the devs said the keys give better loot in the past always and dials only during campaign but im bout to hit the sack so not going to look now.

even bgwiki seems to think so, granted there is a verification flag on it.
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/SP_Gobbie_Key
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    I am pretty sure the devs said the keys give better loot in the past always and dials only during campaign but im bout to hit the sack so not going to look now.

even bgwiki seems to think so, granted there is a verification flag on it.
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/SP_Gobbie_Key
    "Tends to" does not equal "does". The verification flag on bgwiki is there since there's not enough evidence to prove either way, but I know I've gotten Distilled Water from using a key, so I say it falls under wishful thinking unless someone can dig up a devpost that states otherwise.
    (0)

9. 07-17-2017 07:55 AM

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I know what verification tag means that is why i mentioned it. the fact is there are 119 armors you can always get with the key, meanwhile the dial only nets those during the campaigns. the key doesnt negate shit drops in anyway, it doesnt promise awesome gear. So yes you can still get distilled waters and pebbles even during campaigns. I will spend a short time lookin for a dev post but I dont hold hope.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Not sure if it got posted English side since doing searches in the OF is kind of difficult but here's some translation of the jp

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/11...al#post6698529

tl;dr keys already enhance equipment rates
    (0)
    Last edited by Urmom; 07-26-2017 at 01:03 AM.