Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Mythril Marathon: Why TEN?

Seriously.

Not only do you need 20+ pickaxes because of constant "Your pickaxe breaks. Your pickaxe breaks. Your pickaxe breaks. You find nothing. You find nothing.", but also the fact you have to walk clear around the freaking mine just to get back and forth between the machine's upper and lower end (you can drop off to go from the top to the bottom, but then you gotta walk CLEAR AROUND to get back up to do it all over again).

I know Vana'versary is supposed to bring back memories of old times, but uh.

I don't think THESE are the memories you really want players re-living. These are parts of the game we despised.

It would have been much nicer if it were I don't know, 2-3 repetitions instead of 10.
    (0)

Player
    It would be less than a "Marathon" in that case, and since it's only once-per-month, it's not as painful as it could be at least. ^^;;
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    It would be less than a "Marathon" in that case, and since it's only once-per-month, it's not as painful as it could be at least. ^^;;
    I don't even care about the stupid ANV key, but having to do it to get the KI is just annoying.

Of course they would pick the worst quest in the list to make you do for the key, I mean, they couldn't have it be sensible like the Moat Carp one at least.
    (0)

4. 07-15-2017 01:01 PM

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    10 seems like a lot but at least the mythril seams are in predictable locations and never run out.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    10 seems like a lot but at least the mythril seams are in predictable locations and never run out.
    No, it's just entirely annoying and you need a ton of freaking pickaxes just to get the 10 gravel. They could have at least updated it so that the mining rate was something reasonable instead of 1 in every 5 swings, and made it so you don't lose a pickaxe 80% of the time.

The Mythril Seams have absolutely nothing valuable that would destroy the market (lol, with the Mog Gardens, it's not like there's a market for Ore anyways), so why all the ridiculous rigamarole involved in it? HELM was always one of those things that always seems to be such a ludicrous waste of time, some archaic artifact left in the game from a time when MMOs were just terrible and not fun to play whatsoever, and the justification that people would always cite would be something like "But it'd make it too easy to level crafts if it wasn't that way!" *sigh*

... but yet, the Mythril Seams don't give anything useful to crafts. It yields an item that is useful for two -- and only two -- quests until this Vana'versary thing.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Sure it's annoying. But having gone through the Ygnas quest line, completing every Adoulin quest along the way, there's a lot of HELMing. The mythril seam mining results are very much in line with the terrible HELMing in Adoulin areas except you don't have to run around hunting for mining points and the mining point never disappears. It's not fun, but you just need to stand there and trade pickaxes. Yes you need about 20 pickaxes so plan ahead.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    You DO realize you can deposit up to 6 mine gravels into the refiner each time, pull lever, drop down, pull lever, recover up to 6 sands, and they all count towards the RoE, so you only have to traverse the whole thing once, not 10 times?
    Also remember the Field Gear? Body, hands, legs, feet, torque? They help with the mine gravel too. I go in via H.Point, bring ~3 stacks of picks, leave with nearly 60+ mine gravels, and still have over a stack of pickaxes left for next time. Plus I pass out leftovers to LS mates if they need it.
    Plus, you can do it once a week, resetting Sunday at JPN midnight, not monthly.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    @Dzspdref: I wasn't willing to risk hard-earned gravels to see whether or not you got multiple credit or not, considering the sheer annoyance of GETTING those Gravels.

And I only did it once per character just for the KI; I don't think a single #ANV key per week is going to be worth doing that every stinkin week lol.

I did eventually get it done, but still. Trying to acquire 10 gravels and even if you can do it in 2 trips... I am still not convinced the Weekly is worth doing, not when A). The gravels don't stack and B). you need several K worth of pickaxes (even with the work clothes) to get 10 gravels, and all the time of trading the pickaxes over and over again some 20-30 times to get 10 gravel.
    (0)