Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    BLU had solid options for most roles that it's capable of filling already, and the devs have been trying to keep BLU off of new melee stuff for a while now. ^^;; Jhakri has all of acc/atk/macc/mab on one set and some solid attr numbers, and shares with BLM/GEO, so I <3 it. Refresh+4 on the body+2 is really nice as well. :3

Basically, EVERY set is available every month for the last several months now. It's been a long time since they've used actual sets instead of tokens/vouchers, and I doubt those will be going away.

For physical blue magic, use your melee set. ^^;; Not super intuitive, but phys uses phys damage stats and formulas.
    So basically it sounds like I'm best off with Ayanmo (at least at first; will probably pick up Jahkri with the tokens when I start grinding metals) because of the awesome haste/defense/melee stats it has.

The refresh on Jhakri would be nice, but see thing is, you're losing a Lot of stuff like DA, Haste, etc. And I was assuming that Physical spells would work off of Physical Melee stats, but not everything is common sense in this game, lol. Other than Fruit, White Wind, and 1-2 other spells... I've never really seen the need to do Magic spells. I know it is possible, and that it might even be good, it's just not my playstyle. I envision BLU as more of a melee that can do more than 1 thing every 30-60 seconds unlike the actual melee classes that do nothing but auto-attack, weaponskills and the occasional job ability once every few minutes. That's one of the reasons why I picked BLU -- I don't like standing there waiting for 1000TP to actually be able to do something other than watch my character swinging.

But yet, Ayanmo is highly tuned towards Defense, would have been nice to get a set that has a bit less defense but better melee offense but meh. Whatever.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    So basically it sounds like I'm best off with Ayanmo (at least at first; will probably pick up Jahkri with the tokens when I start grinding metals) because of the awesome haste/defense/melee stats it has.

The refresh on Jhakri would be nice, but see thing is, you're losing a Lot of stuff like DA, Haste, etc. And I was assuming that Physical spells would work off of Physical Melee stats, but not everything is common sense in this game, lol. Other than Fruit, White Wind, and 1-2 other spells... I've never really seen the need to do Magic spells. I know it is possible, and that it might even be good, it's just not my playstyle. I envision BLU as more of a melee that can do more than 1 thing every 30-60 seconds unlike the actual melee classes that do nothing but auto-attack, weaponskills and the occasional job ability once every few minutes. That's one of the reasons why I picked BLU -- I don't like standing there waiting for 1000TP to actually be able to do something other than watch my character swinging.

But yet, Ayanmo is highly tuned towards Defense, would have been nice to get a set that has a bit less defense but better melee offense but meh. Whatever.
    The lack of haste on Jhakri is very easily made up for, so it's not that big of a drawback actually. Both are good sets for what they do, so it's not a make/break issue tbh. It definitely does help a lot tho when nuking to have access to Jhakri.

I use AoEs like Entomb, Crush, Subduction, etc all the time in non-group play. Crush hits for ~13k-15k AOE usually (plus a very nice def- debuff), and Subduction usually in the 5-6k range for the itty bitty mp cost. In general, it's not worth using any of the phys magic unless it's for a desired added effect or due to a fight mechanic. ^^;; In a group where you are receiving proper buffs, you can lose out on about a WS worth of TP by casting a spell. (That's actually only accounting for a decent SamRoll TBH lol)
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Well, I know it is slightly off-topic (but then it's my thread)...

We (family member and me) discovered that we could handle Normal Ambuscade this month. Last time we tried it, we could barely do Very Easy but it's been a couple months. With her Su3 gear, and some of my stuff, Normal was not that hard. Well, we did VE a couple times first, and then we were like "huh, I bet Normal couldn't be that hard."

I now have full Jhakri and I used the 5 metals on the Body to get the Body+1 (since I am not likely to get, what, 10k Hallmarks? I doubt it). I had my family member get the WHM set so that she has a party-friendly job (it's the only party-friendly job she's got on 99 and the only one I'm familiar with other than BLU and THF), so she'll have the same.

Then I got an idea... why not try taking mules through Ambuscade? Well, my ninja now has a full set of... what's that called? Hizamaru or something like that... and he too got the Body+1 though he might also get boots+1, maybe. We're gonna wait until next week before doing any more with him, when he can get another Seal (that'll put him within 1-2 runs of having enough for Boots+1).

I noticed that full Jhakri doubled the damage of Anvil Lightning (I'm still missing several spells, blaaah. I really don't like those spells that you can only get off things like that dragon you have to quest all the fricken way through Abyssea to get to that has Mighty Guard for example), so ya. I suppose the body's refresh is nice to throw on for a bit to make sure MP stays up (7/tick with Battery Charge and JT lol) so that's nice.

Hopefully they keep the Vol2s reasonable like this month's... would love to get decent armor for my mules. NQ Ambuscade is far better than I ever expected to have on a mule lol.
    (0)

Player
    All my mules are geared up with Escha/UNM gear and have never killed a single Geas Fete or Wanted NM. Altana bless the devs for making most stuff like that POL-sendable. lol
    Sadly, Ambuscade gear is not sendable and has to be earned on the character who wants it.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    All my mules are geared up with Escha/UNM gear and have never killed a single Geas Fete or Wanted NM. Altana bless the devs for making most stuff like that POL-sendable. lol
    Sadly, Ambuscade gear is not sendable and has to be earned on the character who wants it.
    Which is not hard if you either multi-box or know a friend with Su3 or comparable gear. In fact, my NQ Ambuscade BLU can handle Normal this month. It only takes 7 runs of Vol2 Normal to get a full suit of NQ (and +1 body, if you're doing the first set) which is like 2-3 hours. And of course, that's 700-900 HM on the person performing the carry which isn't bad either.

I just did my SAM earlier, my NIN is already done, and family member's MNK will be done next week, my MNK gets done Friday... lol.

Here's a question.... why is the first set upgradeable with Abdhajs Metals but yet the second set is not? I don't know why they did it that way... but yet a lot of the classes, the 2nd set is clearly superior, for example, Flamma seems better than Sulevia unless you're a tank. But yet, you can't upgrade Flamma with Metals. Same goes for Mummu... can't upgrade that either.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aysha; 07-20-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Which is not hard if you either multi-box or know a friend with Su3 or comparable gear. In fact, my NQ Ambuscade BLU can handle Normal this month. It only takes 7 runs of Vol2 Normal to get a full suit of NQ (and +1 body, if you're doing the first set) which is like 2-3 hours. And of course, that's 700-900 HM on the person performing the carry which isn't bad either.

I just did my SAM earlier, my NIN is already done, and family member's MNK will be done next week, my MNK gets done Friday... lol.

Here's a question.... why is the first set upgradeable with Abdhajs Metals but yet the second set is not? I don't know why they did it that way... but yet a lot of the classes, the 2nd set is clearly superior, for example, Flamma seems better than Sulevia unless you're a tank. But yet, you can't upgrade Flamma with Metals. Same goes for Mummu... can't upgrade that either.
    Stretches out the lifetime of the content. If we could do everything from the start, it would be easier for players to burn thru the content and be done with it before the devs can provide new stuff. Right now, we can upgrade the first round of sets. It's probably going to be a while (think ~1yr) between the initial +2 release and the 2nd batch getting their +2's.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2