Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    It has nothing to do with the amount harvested. Rank ups only care about # of harvests. It takes 512 harvests total to reach rank7, so you can math out how many days it takes if you harvest once per day... >_>;; That is why people use Revival Roots (1hr) or Arborescent Seeds (2hr) to speed up the process, but that method is very annoying as it requires a lot of time spent just zoning in to Mog Garden every 1-2hrs.

This is why I asked in the QOL thread for a new fertilizer that works on all nodes and converts all drops to crystals.. 512 harvests from furrows alone is a mountain of absolute trash drops, and I'd much prefer a mountain of crystals which I can actually use instead of inventory clogging junk that sells for 10g each.
    When was that figured out? Last I did everyone said it was total number of items but people did lower recast ones because if you could check it it still increased a bit. iirc people were reporting that longer stuff would upgrade faster than stuff like roots if you only checked once a day. Any links to this number? Because heck if that's all it is furrows could upgrade way faster than anything else if you do roots
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    When was that figured out? Last I did everyone said it was total number of items but people did lower recast ones because if you could check it it still increased a bit. iirc people were reporting that longer stuff would upgrade faster than stuff like roots if you only checked once a day. Any links to this number? Because heck if that's all it is furrows could upgrade way faster than anything else if you do roots
    I personally confirmed it twice after they added the ability to check Mog Garden stats. Rank7 KI became available for purchase at 512x total harvests. -_-;; Checking on them during growth, fertilizer or not, and growth time per seed all have no relation to rank ups.

And I'm guessing that furrows being technically the fastest possible node is what prevents the devs from making it easier for everyone.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I personally confirmed it twice after they added the ability to check Mog Garden stats. Rank7 KI became available for purchase at 512x total harvests. -_-;; Checking on them during growth, fertilizer or not, and growth time per seed all have no relation to rank ups.

And I'm guessing that furrows being technically the fastest possible node is what prevents the devs from making it easier for everyone.
    .... post in gardens threads and update the wiki then geez! Wait what is this ability to check mog garden stats? I haven't really leveled them up since well shortly after they last updated that so don't know about that and heck that might have changed things then
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Yeah if only someone would post in the wikis.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Garden_Furrows
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post

Thank you detlef. ^^

You can scroll to the bottom of that page to see what the KI req's are.

Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    .... post in gardens threads and update the wiki then geez! Wait what is this ability to check mog garden stats? I haven't really leveled them up since well shortly after they last updated that so don't know about that and heck that might have changed things then
    Green Thumb Moogle > Learn About the Garden > Tidbits of Information <<< Spits out a bunch of stats, including everything needed for rank-ups.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post

Haha didn't even realize there was now a page specifically for furrows since previously all the info was just on the main garden page. Seems was added a few months ago
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    What I don't understand is why, when EVERY OTHER SPOT IN THE GARDEN is Once Per Day, would they make the Furrows Per Harvest?

Why not drop the number down to something reasonable, say, match it with the fishing nets, and just make it so you can only get the point once per day? That would have made so much more sense than expecting players to zone into the ultra-laggy Mog Garden (I mean seriously, it takes 30+ seconds to load...) every hour or two.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    What I don't understand is why, when EVERY OTHER SPOT IN THE GARDEN is Once Per Day, would they make the Furrows Per Harvest?

Why not drop the number down to something reasonable, say, match it with the fishing nets, and just make it so you can only get the point once per day? That would have made so much more sense than expecting players to zone into the ultra-laggy Mog Garden (I mean seriously, it takes 30+ seconds to load...) every hour or two.
    IIRC, Mineral vein (mining) and Grove (logging/harvesting) are both a set number of harvests for rank ups as well. The difference is that those are counted for each harvest attempt with large daily caps, while furrows are counted once per row harvested. It's just a bit of spamming Enter for maybe a minute to clear out your vein for your 10x daily harvests, but you only get your 1x per row from furrows.

The main complaint I have here is actually only that none of the details are laid out in-game. ><;; There is no where that even hints at how furrows will lag if you don't harvest 2-3x per row daily. There is also no where that explains that if you go w/ the fastest growing things and pull all-nighters, you can be done w/ furrows in ~7x days. XD Even though that is far from a good idea, goes against the spirit of the Login Warning telling you not to forget your friends and family out here in reality, and would require 43x stacks of Revival Roots, the very fact that it is mathematically and systematically POSSIBLE is most likely why the devs refuse to change it.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2