Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    If the recharge timers were reduced by a substantial margin, and you have reached Legend in said coalition (which off the top of my head is something like 11k exp per completed quest) - You would be able level a job to 99 in no time, with (a) no buddy and (b) not even having to leave town. Which would be a fundamental game balance issue.
    As is, I grind in a grand total of four zones for 1-99, 6-8hrs depending on ROV KIs, as low as 5hrs w/ exp campaign + rings + 6x ROV KIs. XD
    There is no balance when it comes to leveling up already.. I don't think it'd be that big a deal to let players level 2nd+ jobs using coalition assignments rather than mindlessly slaughter everything that moves in Escha-Zi'tah, or stand around and have someone else slaughter clvl mobs for you, etc.

Unless imprimaturs were reduced below 4hrs per charge, I don't see any way for it to be more efficient to level via assignments than just going out and making monsters dead. :x
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Wait... an hour... APEX.... to gain limit points!? Huh?
    I said "up to an hour" to get 75 limits from Apex... I was talking about the weaker Apex if you were solo using a group of trusts.

If the recharge timers were reduced by a substantial margin, and you have reached Legend in said coalition (which off the top of my head is something like 11k exp per completed quest) - You would be able level a job to 99 in no time, with (a) no buddy and (b) not even having to leave town. Which would be a fundamental game balance issue.
    You can go to any area in Adoulin or Reisenjima with a friend (or a 2nd account as everybody multiboxes these days) and get ridiculous XP for other jobs already, lol.

And last I checked, some of the best Imprimaturs only give 10-15k each. Even if you were to reduce it down to 1 hour per Imprimatur, you could do what, 15k XP every 3 hours? lawl. If I wanted to levelup, I could think of far easier/better ways.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Unless imprimaturs were reduced below 4hrs per charge, I don't see any way for it to be more efficient to level via assignments than just going out and making monsters dead. :x
    technically speaking recharge rate would have no real effect on efficiency as it doesn't change how long it takes actually doing them. It will change how long from start to finish though... but as long as not in a hurry to level specific job oh well
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    technically speaking recharge rate would have no real effect on efficiency as it doesn't change how long it takes actually doing them. It will change how long from start to finish though... but as long as not in a hurry to level specific job oh well
    That would be "efficiency". lol

Even if they reduced the recharge time to 10min each, it would still be more efficient to level by killing things.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    That would be "efficiency". lol

Even if they reduced the recharge time to 10min each, it would still be more efficient to level by killing things.
    I suppose. I'd consider efficiency time actually spent actively doing it.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    I suppose. I'd consider efficiency time actually spent actively doing it.
    I consider it to be "Amount of time/effort/resources spent/taken to reach lvl99". It doesn't really matter usually if it only takes 1-2 hours of time spent actually turning in imprimaturs to reach 99 if that's being spread out over several days. In that case, by the time you ding 99, a grinder like me would already have been 99 since the first day and working on improving gear/merits/etc for several days already.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that like most other sources of exp, the amount receivable is capped to prevent leveling more than once per completion. If it is, then even by your criteria it would be slower than simply killing things.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I consider it to be "Amount of time/effort/resources spent/taken to reach lvl99". It doesn't really matter usually if it only takes 1-2 hours of time spent actually turning in imprimaturs to reach 99 if that's being spread out over several days. In that case, by the time you ding 99, a grinder like me would already have been 99 since the first day and working on improving gear/merits/etc for several days already.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that like most other sources of exp, the amount receivable is capped to prevent leveling more than once per completion. If it is, then even by your criteria it would be slower than simply killing things.
    It is indeed capped by leveling.

If you turn in a 10,000xp Assignment in on a Level 1 character, you will get the 500xp, ding Level 2 and then stop 1XP shy of Level 3 and end up wasting almost all of the XP. So, those awesome Legend Rank Assignments aren't even any good to do until you're Level ... 40? or so. And even then, you need to throw something else in, in-between the assignments to ding now and then so you aren't wasting half of the XP.

You would gain levels far faster by doing the Grounds Tome in the Crawlers' Nest until you're about 50-60 then you move onto Lv100+ mobs from there. That is, of course, unless there's a faster way I've yet to discover, like maybe Abyssea or something, never tried that. But IIRC, Abyssea requires Lv30 anyways.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aysha; 11-11-2017 at 10:42 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    It is indeed capped by leveling.

If you turn in a 10,000xp Assignment in on a Level 1 character, you will get the 500xp, ding Level 2 and then stop 1XP shy of Level 3 and end up wasting almost all of the XP. So, those awesome Legend Rank Assignments aren't even any good to do until you're Level ... 40? or so. And even then, you need to throw something else in, in-between the assignments to ding now and then so you aren't wasting half of the XP.

You would gain levels far faster by doing the Grounds Tome in the Crawlers' Nest until you're about 50-60 then you move onto Lv100+ mobs from there. That is, of course, unless there's a faster way I've yet to discover, like maybe Abyssea or something, never tried that. But IIRC, Abyssea requires Lv30 anyways.
    Escha - Zi'tah for 40>90. It's basically grinding on rails, takes no mental capacity other than targeting the next mob, and can be done in a few hours. I rarely go the pure absolute efficiency route though, since I like to unlock trial ws along the way, but EZ should be the absolute best option for solo/lowman grinding. The only downside to this path is that you end up w/ zero regional currencies other than silt.

I've always avoided Abyssea leveling since ROV KIs do not apply inside there, and I'm pretty sure the math says normal grinding wins now anyway.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Escha - Zi'tah for 40>90. It's basically grinding on rails, takes no mental capacity other than targeting the next mob, and can be done in a few hours. I rarely go the pure absolute efficiency route though, since I like to unlock trial ws along the way, but EZ should be the absolute best option for solo/lowman grinding. The only downside to this path is that you end up w/ zero regional currencies other than silt.

I've always avoided Abyssea leveling since ROV KIs do not apply inside there, and I'm pretty sure the math says normal grinding wins now anyway.
    Don't you have to buy Mollifiers though, because my luck about the time I'd show up in Escha without a mollifier and fight something that can actually kill me... uh whoops, boom. I'm dead. Yet when you WANT an NM, you could kill hundreds and not see a single one. And given that Vorseals only last an hour or so... well 500 silt per hour is actually a pretty significant drain.

EDIT: I'm aware Eschan Worms do not spawn NMs, but AFAIK they are the only enemy in EZ that doesn't spawn an NM randomly.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Totally off topic for the post here, but to continue your conversations... bgwiki has a page you can find if you search for "Fantastic EXPs and Where to Find Them" I've been using, especially for the lv. 60~70, 70~80, 80~90, then 91+ on Blanched Mandragorae in Ceizak, or Pinetoriums in Yahse. Works wonderfully. I overly enjoy the birds in both Caedarva Mire and Meri Mtn[S]. Very rarely any competition there for upwards of 5~7k exp a kill with just Exp Trusts and a ring. Took about 6 days, and ~2+hrs a day, to get my RNG, DNC, & RUN all from lv.49 to 99+ while soloing. Hope this helps....
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast