Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I consider it to be "Amount of time/effort/resources spent/taken to reach lvl99". It doesn't really matter usually if it only takes 1-2 hours of time spent actually turning in imprimaturs to reach 99 if that's being spread out over several days. In that case, by the time you ding 99, a grinder like me would already have been 99 since the first day and working on improving gear/merits/etc for several days already.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that like most other sources of exp, the amount receivable is capped to prevent leveling more than once per completion. If it is, then even by your criteria it would be slower than simply killing things.
    I'm a tad confused since your quoted part contradicts what you wrote after. Time not working on it isn't time spent on it <.<. This is particularly true in a game with more things to do than you could every possibly do. But yes as I stated at the beginning if you are in a hurry to just level it then no don't do this obviously. As someone who levels every job just in case one day and already has a dozen jobs to gear merit jp etc I'm going to be doing that in the recharge time while you still grinding

It definitely does which is why if you using assignments tend to use less imps at lower levels. But yes it's technically a tad slower (unless you do those ones you don't have to leave the coalition at all) though you get that yummy balyd and well don't have to worry about gear or anything
    (0)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Guys... can we just put the EXP part aside? I get it that this is one where you can get lots of EXP in short time depending on which assignments you do, but it's far in too late in the game to bother worrying about leveling, right?. I don't want them to give them any bad ideas.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 11-14-2017 at 05:14 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Don't you have to buy Mollifiers though, because my luck about the time I'd show up in Escha without a mollifier and fight something that can actually kill me... uh whoops, boom. I'm dead. Yet when you WANT an NM, you could kill hundreds and not see a single one. And given that Vorseals only last an hour or so... well 500 silt per hour is actually a pretty significant drain.

EDIT: I'm aware Eschan Worms do not spawn NMs, but AFAIK they are the only enemy in EZ that doesn't spawn an NM randomly.
    Worms do in fact spawn an NM, Hugemaw Harold, who has slain many a mule of mine so I can confirm for sure it does pop. lol

Most characters don't start off with a large stock of vorseals (since that would require lots of outside mission completion), so it's less important if they wear and can generally be ignored if too lazy to rezone. Since we are talking EZ, odds are good that there are no Gifts up since Azi never dies, so the impact is much smaller than it would be in Reisenjima.

Leeches, skeletons, snapweeds, bees, puks, efts, mosquitoes, opo-opos and yztargs < None of these spawn NMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    I'm a tad confused since your quoted part contradicts what you wrote after. Time not working on it isn't time spent on it <.<. This is particularly true in a game with more things to do than you could every possibly do. But yes as I stated at the beginning if you are in a hurry to just level it then no don't do this obviously. As someone who levels every job just in case one day and already has a dozen jobs to gear merit jp etc I'm going to be doing that in the recharge time while you still grinding

It definitely does which is why if you using assignments tend to use less imps at lower levels. But yes it's technically a tad slower (unless you do those ones you don't have to leave the coalition at all) though you get that yummy balyd and well don't have to worry about gear or anything
    Expanding my sentence: "Amount of (time and/or effort and/or resources) which is (spent and/or taken and/or required) to reach lv99."

It is still time taken however. If we both started working on a lvl1 right >now<, and it takes me ~7 hours of actual playtime to hit 99 solo grinding vs your 7+ days doing coalitions, that would be significantly less time taken to grind it out. I would like to mention that I did ~8 jobs wearing Mumor gear. Not lockstyled, equipped. Lv1 weapon until I got my trial weapons, along with random nice job/account sharable gear like Scorpion Harness +1, Peacock Charm, etc whenever I could be bothered to remember to equip them. Still avg'd ~7hrs per 1-99 trip. I just do not see how it would be mathematically possible to reduce imprimatur recharge to a point where the exp gain could give grinding a run for the money. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Zuidar View Post
    Guys... can we just put the EXP part aside? I get it that this is one where you can get lots of EXP in short time depending on which assignments you do, but it's far in too late in the game to bother worrying about leveling, right?. I don't want them to give them any bad ideas.
    This is basically my point. EXP gains from coalition grinding should be a non-issue compared to the speed of simple solo-grinding nowadays and should not be given any weight to the decision of whether or not to reduce imprimatur recharge cooldown.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 11-14-2017 at 08:06 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    So if leveling in EZ isn't about the vorseals (which is I assume why you'd want to level in Escha/Reisen at all, then why even go to Escha in the first place, considering that you can do it absolutely risk-free anywhere else without having to spend the 500 silt for the mollifier?

Now, granted when you get up to 119 and you can handle Reisenjima, then you're obviously after silt and other things, but EZ Pre-99? I don't get it. Why there?

I can think of lots of camps with far easier enemies than skeletons, leeches, bees, puks, efts, opoopos, and yztargs. The mosquitoes are "meh". The rest are terrible XP mobs by themselves. Opo-opos are overpowered as crap with overpowered AoEs, Yztargs are Lv99+ anyways, efts constantly dispel your shell&protect which forces trusts to keep recasting which will throw their MP into the dirt, bees can be annoying at later level with pollen, leeches spam Attack Down which will not only waste trust healer MP, but also make it take longer to kill junk, and I think everybody knows why skeletons suck.

Or...

You could go to any other of the traditional camps in the game, and kill easy junk like single bats, crabs (Shantotto II makes short work of them), even Coeurls in Onzozo aren't that bad if you got Shantotto and perhaps Semih. A Tenzin/Semih/SII group can wipe out the cats very quickly. Add in the Grounds/Fields Tomes, and you get free XP every 4-8 kills, and some of the latter ones can rack up nicely (the one in Shakhrami can give up to, what was that again, 3500xp every 6th kill?).

But I think we're digressing pretty good here, the original point is that Imprimaturs are useless for any serious leveling, even if the imprimaturs had a 60 minute timer on them, it'd still take a day or more to get a levelup once you got to 50 and pre-50 you'd be wasting XP anyways. And then there's the problem of actually DOING the Imprimatur Assignments... if you did Inventor's, you'd need the items. If you did some of the others, you'd have to be switching jobs constantly (and you couldn't do it on your first job anyways) which would suck up a good bit of time and would be incredibly tedious to do because you'd have to run to the MH to switch jobs not once, but twice per assignment.

So in the end... it's either about the XP or the Bayld, and SE appears to be over-estimating the value of one or both, that they think the Imprimaturs need to have such long recharges on them.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aysha; 11-15-2017 at 07:03 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4