Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Yes, I have Ygnas.
    That's the point though, it's something to work towards, like anything that is decent. Other trust healers more than suffice until you get Ygnas - It's not like you are locked out of anything without it.

Lets make it so everyone can skip to 'the best stuff' in no time? Then people will be standing around saying "I'm bored" and/or just quit.
    There's Ygnas, and then far, far below Ygnas are the other trust healers. It's not "skipping to the best stuff", it's more like the difference between using Sparks gear and getting, say, the new Lv119 gear. There's a huge noticeable difference. It wouldn't be so bad, if the gap weren't so absurdly big between Ygnas and the other healers.

Kupipi blows her MP in 2 fights casting Paralyze and Slow (and usually gets resisted so she keeps retrying) and has no MP recovery outside of Starlight/Moonlight.
    Apururu (UC) will let you die because she wants to maintain Stoneskin 100% of the time and is oftentimes casting it while people are dying.
    Cherukiki loves Regen and won't keep anybody alive because she relies on it like a crutch.
    Mihli is subbing /war (IIRC?) and is the classic melee WHM that will run out of MP faster than Kupipi because she doesn't even use MP WS.

That just leaves Yoran-Oran and that other UC guy from Sandy, and that Galka... the Galka I'm pretty sure would have the same problem as Mihli, but worse (because he's a Galka..) and the UC guy from Sandy, I remember there being a problem I was reading about with him, I don't recall.

Yoran-Oran seems to be the only 'decent' choice, but even he doesn't sound like he comes even close to Ygnas.

Your Healer trust is pretty freaking important. To lock the only good one that's a full 100% healer and not trying to multitask behind such a long ridiculous grind that is time-gated is just absurd. If the gap between Ygnas and the other healers wasn't so large, or if Ygnas had been anything other than a healer, this wouldn't be as big of an issue, but yanno...

In fact, when asked about "Why do all the healer trusts suck?", SE's response was "Get Ygnas".

*sigh*

Yeah, just like that, "Get Ygnas". Let alone that there's a minimum of what again, 6 months of time-gate grind before you can even try to do that?
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    There's Ygnas, and then far, far below Ygnas are the other trust healers. It's not "skipping to the best stuff", it's more like the difference between using Sparks gear and getting, say, the new Lv119 gear. There's a huge noticeable difference. It wouldn't be so bad, if the gap weren't so absurdly big between Ygnas and the other healers.

Kupipi blows her MP in 2 fights casting Paralyze and Slow (and usually gets resisted so she keeps retrying) and has no MP recovery outside of Starlight/Moonlight.
    Apururu (UC) will let you die because she wants to maintain Stoneskin 100% of the time and is oftentimes casting it while people are dying.
    Cherukiki loves Regen and won't keep anybody alive because she relies on it like a crutch.
    Mihli is subbing /war (IIRC?) and is the classic melee WHM that will run out of MP faster than Kupipi because she doesn't even use MP WS.

That just leaves Yoran-Oran and that other UC guy from Sandy, and that Galka... the Galka I'm pretty sure would have the same problem as Mihli, but worse (because he's a Galka..) and the UC guy from Sandy, I remember there being a problem I was reading about with him, I don't recall.

Yoran-Oran seems to be the only 'decent' choice, but even he doesn't sound like he comes even close to Ygnas.

Your Healer trust is pretty freaking important. To lock the only good one that's a full 100% healer and not trying to multitask behind such a long ridiculous grind that is time-gated is just absurd. If the gap between Ygnas and the other healers wasn't so large, or if Ygnas had been anything other than a healer, this wouldn't be as big of an issue, but yanno...

In fact, when asked about "Why do all the healer trusts suck?", SE's response was "Get Ygnas".

*sigh*

Yeah, just like that, "Get Ygnas". Let alone that there's a minimum of what again, 6 months of time-gate grind before you can even try to do that?
    I'm not sure how you can be say Ygnas is 'the healer to get' because you have never used it. It's not perfect, it just has some decent AOE's when it decides to fire them off/has TP. It's situational. I still use Apururu now and again, and never had an issue.

Many people have cleared all kinds of high level content, even solo, with the original unity trusts, so again, it's not a "must". It's something to work towards.

Are you sure this game is for you? Most of your posts pretty much follow the theme of 'this is too hard to get, make it easier'.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I'm not sure how you can be say Ygnas is 'the healer to get' because you have never used it. It's not perfect, it just has some decent AOE's when it decides to fire them off/has TP. It's situational. I still use Apururu now and again, and never had an issue.

Many people have cleared all kinds of high level content, even solo, with the original unity trusts, so again, it's not a "must". It's something to work towards.

Are you sure this game is for you? Most of your posts pretty much follow the theme of 'this is too hard to get, make it easier'.
    You are confusing grind with challenge. You're confusing waiting with challenge.

Time-Gating is not a challenge. In fact, it's an incentive for the player to NOT play the game, to be honest. Time-gating the best healer trust in the game is just stupid because that is basically telling the player "You know what, just take the next 5-6 months and only log in to do the imprimaturs once you get the missions and quests done." because the player is powerless to do anything about the wait times; they're purely waiting on the stupid imprimaturs to regenerate.

And to be honest, since Imprimaturs don't actually give you anything other than Bayld and XP/Limit Points, there's really no reason why they need to take so ludicrously long to regenerate.

We're not asking them to make the game "easier" challenge-wise, we're asking them to reduce the ridiculous time-gating of old content that newer content was gated behind for some odd reason I've yet to understand.

I mean, it isn't even "to get us to play longer" because you can play 24/7 and you will never reduce the amount of time it takes to get Ygnas, and since the game's storyline is "done" and none of the newest endgame content is soloable with trusts, or even 5-manned with a trust healer, it isn't like allowing us to get Ygnas a little faster is going to break their newest endgame content whatsoever.

So.....why again, do we need a colossal time-gate thrown down in front of us, again?
    (0)

Player
    You are confusing grind with challenge. You're confusing waiting with challenge.

Time-Gating is not a challenge. In fact, it's an incentive for the player to NOT play the game, to be honest. Time-gating the best healer trust in the game is just stupid because that is basically telling the player "You know what, just take the next 5-6 months and only log in to do the imprimaturs once you get the missions and quests done." because the player is powerless to do anything about the wait times; they're purely waiting on the stupid imprimaturs to regenerate.

And to be honest, since Imprimaturs don't actually give you anything other than Bayld and XP/Limit Points, there's really no reason why they need to take so ludicrously long to regenerate.

We're not asking them to make the game "easier" challenge-wise, we're asking them to reduce the ridiculous time-gating of old content that newer content was gated behind for some odd reason I've yet to understand.

I mean, it isn't even "to get us to play longer" because you can play 24/7 and you will never reduce the amount of time it takes to get Ygnas, and since the game's storyline is "done" and none of the newest endgame content is soloable with trusts, or even 5-manned with a trust healer, it isn't like allowing us to get Ygnas a little faster is going to break their newest endgame content whatsoever.

So.....why again, do we need a colossal time-gate thrown down in front of us, again?
    If you were playing 24/7, then you should have enough time to knock out all SoA quests, which would reduce imprimatur recharge time. Not by nearly enough IMO, but it is still there.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Time-gating is actually to get you to play more different parts of the game.

No idea what the endgame stuff is about. The newest endgame content is omen and people were duoing bosses with trust healers and sometimes tanks the week it was released. Alot of groups get by with rdms or /whm healers. Heck I do several without any healers at all. Might need a real one for Ou but the rest not even close. Farming is largely done solo since makes hitting a lot of objectives easier and Ygnas helps quite a bit.

Before that was reisinjima sure the T4 using traditional setups probably need a real healer but they are also designed for more than 1 party anyways outside of smn burn. T3s though have been done with trust healers... heck solo'd with trust healers and tanks lol.
    (0)

Character
    Gakaijin
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Don't you have to rank up in Coalitions in order to get the KI to reduce recharge time?
    It's kind of a bad loop-progression in my mind.
    Sure they could get all the SoA quests done - but that alone doesn't net you the KI.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Different ones have different requires. But yeah the highest ones require full completion
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    And then, even AFTER you get the KIs that don't require full completions... it barely even shaves any time off.

IMO, they should bake a larger reduction into late RoV, perhaps even the Scintillating Rhapsody, perhaps I don't know, shave off another 30% of the wait times for Imprimaturs because to be honest, Imprimaturs don't give you That much and if you've finished RoV, then you probably have access to pretty much anything you could ever want or need from SoA.

Getting even millions of Bayld isn't going to cause any balance issues or anything like that, outside of perhaps being able to spam fertilizers in the Garden, but even then... it's still highly random even with the fertilizers. You can buy expensive fertilizers and the items still end up being junk.

The XP isn't going to do much for you because face it, you can get a Level 1 to 99 in a few hours with a buddy just by parking yourself somewhere like Ra'Kaznar or Reisenjima and let them mass-murder everything in sight. Limit Points are useless these days, you max out on those in just a few grinding sessions on Apex mobs; 75 limits is what, an hour or less depending on your kill speed and which Apex you are doing?
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    75 limits is what, an hour or less depending on your kill speed and which Apex you are doing?
    Wait... an hour... APEX.... to gain limit points!? Huh?
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The XP isn't going to do much for you because face it, you can get a Level 1 to 99 in a few hours with a buddy
    If the recharge timers were reduced by a substantial margin, and you have reached Legend in said coalition (which off the top of my head is something like 11k exp per completed quest) - You would be able level a job to 99 in no time, with (a) no buddy and (b) not even having to leave town. Which would be a fundamental game balance issue.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast