Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Increase Records of Eminence Capacity

With the addition of the Vana'versary and all the other RoE's like crystal drops, damage and kills 30 just isn't enough anymore. SE if you keep adding more RoE's please increase the Capacity past 30, ie to 50.
    (7)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I completely agree..

We have had a lot more additions to the quests lists recently. Especially with the huge 'spoils menu' list. I also fish a lot so have all the fishing ROE's constantly turned on.
    (2)

Player
    Alternatively, they could make the all of the Spoils ones simply "always on" and remove the requirement to have them count towards our 30 quest limit. It would go a long way just to not have 8x slots automatically taken by crystal spoils for instance. No idea which would be easier to implement, and heck, they could always do both. XD
    (3)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

I totally agree.

These days when I'm not in battle,all I can do is chat,20mobs,10mobs with Unity trust.
    (1)
    _・)ノどもっ
    BLM99(心のメインジョブやっと☆)WHM99 ,GEO99★,こるせあはじめました。RDM,BRD,SCH,SMN,BLU=99修行中。イドリス(まだ餅なし)できたぞーヽ(`Д´)ノCooking94.Chat:1mil.since 2002:Quetz Native

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Or they could consolidate it, how about this:

Spoils: Crystals
    Obtain 20 crystals of any type.

Spoils: Geodes
    Obtain 6 geodes of any type.

Spoils: Avatar gems
    Obtain 6 avatar gems of any type.

*boom* 50% of the RoE objective clutter cleaned up. They could simply change the old ones to be non-repeatable and make these new ones the repeatables.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Or they could consolidate it, how about this:

Spoils: Crystals
    Obtain 20 crystals of any type.

Spoils: Geodes
    Obtain 6 geodes of any type.

Spoils: Avatar gems
    Obtain 6 avatar gems of any type.

*boom* 50% of the RoE objective clutter cleaned up. They could simply change the old ones to be non-repeatable and make these new ones the repeatables.
    No thank you, on at least the crystal ones. I like being able to have multiples set since I can get 3-6+ completions per pull while AOEing in Reisenjima by having multiples set up. It's also only 10x per completion currently, so consolidating the way you suggest would drop me to 1/4 or less.

Geodes/Avatarites vary by day/weather and have lousy drop rates to begin with, so consolidating wouldn't be as harmful, but there's no reason to increase the value per completion.

I still think moving this type to a new Default category that are all always on and don't count towards the total would be a better solution.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    No thank you, on at least the crystal ones. I like being able to have multiples set since I can get 3-6+ completions per pull while AOEing in Reisenjima by having multiples set up. It's also only 10x per completion currently, so consolidating the way you suggest would drop me to 1/4 or less.
    The change to 20 would suck but how would consolidating change how much you get?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    The change to 20 would suck but how would consolidating change how much you get?
    Because right now, you can get 3+ crystal types per pull, and up to 6x crystals per mob. Say you get exactly 30x crystals from a certain pull, 10x each of 3 elements. That would equal 3x diff ROE completions currently. The consolidation idea would reduce that same pull to 1x completion. Over time it should balance out to ~1/2 the completions due to the increased/doubled 20 per completion. There are also things that are based on your total ROE completions, and imagine that in practice, it would result in less accolades/sparks over time.

There are also problems with completing the same ROE multiple times at the same time sometimes. I've had them get clogged up so they wouldn't complete due to that. Consolidating the crystal ROEs would increase the risk of losing completion credit due to this happening from 25/33% to 100%. When it happens now, it's a 1/4-1/3 chance due to normally getting 3-4x diff element crystals per pull. If there is only 1x ROE, then if it gets stuck, it's a 1/1 loss. I believe there's also a higher chance of it getting stuck since everything is getting dumped into a single container instead of being spread out.
    (0)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Because right now, you can get 3+ crystal types per pull, and up to 6x crystals per mob. Say you get exactly 30x crystals from a certain pull, 10x each of 3 elements. That would equal 3x diff ROE completions currently. The consolidation idea would reduce that same pull to 1x completion. Over time it should balance out to ~1/2 the completions due to the increased/doubled 20 per completion. There are also things that are based on your total ROE completions, and imagine that in practice, it would result in less accolades/sparks over time.

There are also problems with completing the same ROE multiple times at the same time sometimes. I've had them get clogged up so they wouldn't complete due to that. Consolidating the crystal ROEs would increase the risk of losing completion credit due to this happening from 25/33% to 100%. When it happens now, it's a 1/4-1/3 chance due to normally getting 3-4x diff element crystals per pull. If there is only 1x ROE, then if it gets stuck, it's a 1/1 loss. I believe there's also a higher chance of it getting stuck since everything is getting dumped into a single container instead of being spread out. .
    First point I was asking about just the consolidation not the 20. Adjusting the amounts is a completely separate issue

I've never seen that problem with crystals you speak of. Now there is an old thing with the game being unable to track credit more than 8 or so simultaneous kills for things like TotM but other than things missing the chat logs haven't seen RoEs just not get counted at all. Even with it happening there's really nothing to say it would increase with consolidation since have no idea how/why it's happening programming wise heck might even reduce it.

Total RoE completion is really a not much of argument. They haven't added a new one in over a year while they've added hundreds of new ones that count to the total so if anything it would still be easier now to get vice when the last one was adding. Plus only 2 of them are repeatable one being dying from a dot and another raising someone (which only requires 200 complete)
    (0)
    Last edited by Urmom; 07-15-2017 at 03:11 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    First point I was asking about just the consolidation not the 20. Adjusting the amounts is a completely separate issue

I've never seen that problem with crystals you speak of. Now there is an old thing with the game being unable to track credit more than 8 or so simultaneous kills for things like TotM but other than things missing the chat logs haven't seen RoEs just not get counted at all. Even with it happening theirs really nothing to say it would increase with consolidation since have no idea how/why it's happening programming wise heck might even reduce it.

Total RoE completion is really a not much of argument. They haven't added a new one in over a year while they've added hundreds of new ones that count to the total so if anything it would still be easier now to get vice when the last one was adding. Plus only 2 of them are repeatable one being dying from a dot and another raising someone (which only requires 200 complete)
    It's not something limited to the crystal ROEs. Happens to me most often with slaughter quests (Kill 10x somethings.) I don't believe that it's possible that consolidation would reduce the overall number of times of freezing per total number of completions. BTW, when it happens, you get a red error message and have to go into the ROE menu to complete the quest manually in order to unfreeze it. It does appear to me to be some sort of data collision when a quest is completed multiple times simultaneously and is frequently accompanied by a lag spike, and though it's not 100% reproducible, it is a common enough occurrence for me at least that I want absolutely nothing to do with any suggestion that is likely to make it worse. ^^
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast