(0)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    boring isn't the same thing as hard. The content to make them besides aeonic is super easy that anyone can do just really boring that no one wants to do
    Didn't specify that they were hard. Just that they were not super easy. There is still a lot of investment involved in getting them, which is the difficult part, and a big portion of that is time either in a dull boring grind for something simple like currency, or something that is a PITA like popping and killing Chloris 25-50 times. Compare that to grabbing a spark weapon, farming some accolades, getting a 119 weapon from unity NMs, to begin the process of farming the special NM's in the RoV related zones. Months of investment to get something use-able for entry endgame vs maybe a weekend or two.

I don't think the problem with REMA was ever the difficulty in getting them, its a lot of people just don't want to put in the investment to get them.
    (0)

Character
    Javhec
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    IMHO, all of them have a stupid grind region that is boring and not fun.

This is just my personal opinion not to be taken as a suggestion. I rather have a stupidly difficult alliance fight where only can have 1 of each job and shout my ass off for it than do a dynamis currency/Alex farming/Chloris/HMP/Afterglow/beads currency farm for a month or two for 1 objective. It is too excessive. I have done it and I did not enjoy. I was like a crap, i have to do this kind of thing (like taking the trash out, cutting the grass etc).

Urmom I disagree in the aeonic being easy. There is no players on in most servers, without Dominion campaign, getting 50k beads takes basically trying to kill the dragon by yourself which could take 3 hours for 1k, and repeating 50 times. I can see your point though, because even my loldrg can solo/duo up a big chunk of the NM outside reisenjima and you can merc wins.

If you are a player like me and possibly loftythoughs, you wouldn't do that. I would like to beat them fair and square with friends or a shout group. That increases the difficulty. The difficulty back then was in a number of people doing coordinated autistic tasks. Now with the current population is no different than jumping 200 thunders in FFX, just plain boring task.

Respectfully,
    Ash
    (1)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    People are arguing against this idea like it's 2008. Having the benefit of multiple weapons isn't going to end Vana'diel. It'll make elitists even more elitist when their shout groups make it a requirement but at that point maybe people need to suck it up already after 15 years and start forming their own groups for a change.

This is pointless to debate. SE is never going to allow it for some reason or another, but it's certainly won't be because of game balance in today's FFXI. I don't think my THF is going to win any awards anytime soon just because I can suddenly DW RMEAs or whatever. Any time anything causes a problem SE is quick to step in to nerf so I don't know why this fear exists. Just have the perk of using several different weapons at once be an insane requirement, even beyond XI insane requirements, like a 30 billion gil investment so like 3 people ever achieve it, and they can speed up a battle by 5 or 10 or 30 whole seconds omgsoawesome. Whatever. It's not like they would make this change to be a big f you to everyone who didn't have 30 RMEAs sitting in their inventory. You would be protected by the nerf bat as you have been for over a decade ._.

and I speak as someone who isn't anywhere near the position to take advantage of such a change. I just don't see it as a problem in an era when your ass is frowned upon if you can't do 50k damage while watching TV...
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I said a honest reply 2 pages back of how this could be worked in.
    A quest for ppl that have all 3 colours.
    Turns into a cape, ear, or ring to give purple or whatever colour.
    I'm not hating this or that concept.

Snowflake 4life
    (0)

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Don't need long over drawn out statements about your idea nor opinion.
    OP is asking for to show yourself has all rmea, and how to solve that.
    Without losing your weapons and when gearswap happens club to axe or whatever how to keep that effect of a glow on yourself, is what he's asking.
    Prior post is all I can think of how to fix that.
    (0)

Character
    Javhec
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It's not about the color. it is about not losing the effect of the 500M weapon when equipping another 500M weapon. Geirskogul is like the duct tapes of weapon skills for dragoon. If I use an aeonic without it, it would take 2 more weapon skills to reach umbra/radiance and I am losing 5% attack and 5%DA.

For example, you got a whole macro gear set for reward. if there was a weapon that got you reward bonus, wouldn't you like to use it just for that macro without losing all your tp? That is my point. I want the weapon skill bonus as I change weapons without losing the TP or the glow efffect. That is all.

If they nerfs the effects, I dont care, it still will be more elite than plebs. I want to use all the weapons effects without penalties and have some fun non grinding requirement to earn that ability.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ashstar View Post
    It's not about the color. it is about not losing the effect of the 500M weapon when equipping another 500M weapon. Geirskogul is like the duct tapes of weapon skills for dragoon. If I use an aeonic without it, it would take 2 more weapon skills to reach umbra/radiance and I am losing 5% attack and 5%DA.

For example, you got a whole macro gear set for reward. if there was a weapon that got you reward bonus, wouldn't you like to use it just for that macro without losing all your tp? That is my point. I want the weapon skill bonus as I change weapons without losing the TP or the glow efffect. That is all.

If they nerfs the effects, I dont care, it still will be more elite than plebs. I want to use all the weapons effects without penalties and have some fun non grinding requirement to earn that ability.
    There are several Reward potency axes, they have seen use, they still reset TP but never bugged me since my BST resets TP every few seconds anyway. ^^;; Try a different analogy or example other than BST since it won't work for us. (Totally worthless example nowadays btw since potency caps @ 50% which is easily overcapped by various reforges and Ambuscade cape.)

There's no way for them to give you what you want without a core system overhaul, which is not exactly likely to happen at this point.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ashstar View Post
    If you are a player like me and possibly loftythoughs, you wouldn't do that. I would like to beat them fair and square with friends or a shout group. That increases the difficulty. The difficulty back then was in a number of people doing coordinated autistic tasks. Now with the current population is no different than jumping 200 thunders in FFX, just plain boring task.
    Yep, I don't agree with mercing wins and would rather have a kill I contributed to. Never been a fan of "leeching" as no way to get the experiance needed for unexpected results on new harder fights if have to go in blind if people held your hand all the way up to the harder content.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    There are several Reward potency axes, they have seen use, they still reset TP but never bugged me since my BST resets TP every few seconds anyway. ^^;; Try a different analogy or example other than BST since it won't work for us. (Totally worthless example nowadays btw since potency caps @ 50% which is easily overcapped by various reforges and Ambuscade cape.)

There's no way for them to give you what you want without a core system overhaul, which is not exactly likely to happen at this point.
    Problem is there really isn't a whole lot of other jobs that can get away with swapping main hand constantly that would also use TP themselves. Imagine it more like if everytime you swapped out any piece of gear on Bst, you were locked out of key JA's like reward and ready for a random 5-10s(approximating time to build 1000tp)
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawklaser View Post
    Problem is there really isn't a whole lot of other jobs that can get away with swapping main hand constantly that would also use TP themselves. Imagine it more like if everytime you swapped out any piece of gear on Bst, you were locked out of key JA's like reward and ready for a random 5-10s(approximating time to build 1000tp)
    I for one am always /nin as BST, CM is always OH. Still resets TP like it always has. Expecting otherwise would be a pretty deep/core combat system change. BST is also technically not an exception to jobs that want to generate/use TP, since the devs have decreed that is what we are supposed to be doing. :/

Your "lock out" idea doesn't really hold up to group play.. I know that properly buffed, my THF, BLU, and BRD (and BST but only ever tried on lv125 or lower targets) can all reliably self-sc w/ ws going off every ~3sec. Far from god-tier gear and you can do the same thing w/ any buffed melee.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast