Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52
  1. #11
    Player VoiceMemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    554
    Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Probably IF they were to combine all would be by type of item, IE all weps, all shields, all ranged. For brd it would combine mandau, twashtar, and carnwenhan. And also gjallarhorn would gain the stats of daurdabla being able to sing 2 additional songs, and the stats of marsyas to be able to sing honor march.
    (0)

  2. #12
    Player detlef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,640
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Probably IF they were to combine all would be by type of item, IE all weps, all shields, all ranged. For brd it would combine mandau, twashtar, and carnwenhan. And also gjallarhorn would gain the stats of daurdabla being able to sing 2 additional songs, and the stats of marsyas to be able to sing honor march.
    That doesn't really work does it? What if you had THF, which can also equip Mandau and Twashtar? Would they then be unavailable to combine with Vajra?
    (0)

  3. #13
    Player Marada's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    89
    Character
    Marada
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Dude.....seriously? While what you're talking about may sound like a good idea to you, in all honesty, it's horrible.

    You want to break the game for yourself because you have multiple REMA's. Then that'll be the new status quo to need for every party, if you don't have a merged REAM, then GTFO. Just be glad you have them to begin with. SE needs to fix job balancing before they go to the game breaking stuff and then shut the servers down in a year or two.

    We all now it's coming. Like the apocalypse, we're just riding out the good times until it's gone.
    (1)
    Marada- Badass Tarutaru Ginger

  4. #14
    Player VoiceMemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    554
    Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It would be both weapon type AND job dependent. IE for brd it would combine mandau, twashtar, and carnwenhan, and for thf it would be mandau, twashtar, and vajra.
    (0)

  5. #15
    Player Nyarlko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,523
    Character
    Nyarlko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    It would be both weapon type AND job dependent. IE for brd it would combine mandau, twashtar, and carnwenhan, and for thf it would be mandau, twashtar, and vajra.
    So... you expect someone who plays THF/BRD/DNC to make 2x AG'd Mandaus AND 3x AG'd Twashtars? ... That is straight up insanity. @_@;;; No thank you.

    There is also the imbalance implied for the newer jobs which have fewer applicable weapons. COR/BLU/PUP/DNC/SCH don't have relics, so it would be a lot easier for them to make their combo weapon...

    Do GEO and RUN just get screwed over in your scenario? ^^;; Since they have nothing to combine, what do they do?
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 06-28-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

  6. #16
    Player ashstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    24
    Character
    Javhec
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Marada View Post
    Dude.....seriously? While what you're talking about may sound like a good idea to you, in all honesty, it's horrible.

    You want to break the game for yourself because you have multiple REMA's. Then that'll be the new status quo to need for every party, if you don't have a merged REAM, then GTFO. Just be glad you have them to begin with. SE needs to fix job balancing before they go to the game breaking stuff and then shut the servers down in a year or two.

    We all now it's coming. Like the apocalypse, we're just riding out the good times until it's gone.

    Having a fully afterglowed REM doesnt even take that long fully focusing on it. Additionally, its not like everyone has them. A merger would work for the players that put the work on it. MFFXIGA I guess. Where it took years to get anything done.

    FOR MY JOB. I dont think 50vit, jump bonus IV and double attack, and geirskogul, 60 acc and lolshockspikes and ultimate SC would even break the game. Maybe I can do 32k weapon skills like crapily geared thieves doing rudra storm.

    I am pretty sure, that if we look objectively at most job merged ultimate weapon, they wont be that overpowered. Even if they dont merge them, allowing us to macro set them without TP loss and afterglow loss wont be that overpowered. Just a macro set for the weapon skills.

    However, as soon as their mobile FFXI spin off fails, they will go back to the original game hopefully. I have faith in this game.


    Even if they dont want to merge All and you only could merge two out of the 4 into 1, (an afterglowed REM and a Aeonic). It would be good enough for me.

    I would like to hear some feedback from multiple REMA owners though, not people that possibly havent built a single one.
    (0)

  7. #17
    Player Marada's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    89
    Character
    Marada
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ashstar View Post
    I would like to hear some feedback from multiple REMA owners though, not people that possibly havent built a single one.
    I'm building 3 right now and taking my time with it. I don't care for elitest views either since most of them have tree stumps shoved up their rectum. But either way, the 2 into 1 would be okay in some cases, I think something like that could work, but you'd have to be prepared for some major backlash from the community that doesn't have any REMA and doesn't have the time to put in to building them quick enough. The balance game is the issue, not your idea. Knowing a 2 into 1 is better than what I thought when it was All into 1. So if that works, cool, but the game needs some balance before that can happen.
    (0)
    Marada- Badass Tarutaru Ginger

  8. #18
    Player VoiceMemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    554
    Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    So... you expect someone who plays THF/BRD/DNC to make 2x AG'd Mandaus AND 3x AG'd Twashtars? ... That is straight up insanity. @_@;;; No thank you.

    There is also the imbalance implied for the newer jobs which have fewer applicable weapons. COR/BLU/PUP/DNC/SCH don't have relics, so it would be a lot easier for them to make their combo weapon...

    Do GEO and RUN just get screwed over in your scenario? ^^;; Since they have nothing to combine, what do they do?
    SE could do it 2 ways.

    1) be like relic and say that this is not for everyone, some may never complete multiple, let alone 1.

    2) SE could make it that all daggers combine to 1, but have text where it only works for the jobs it was intended to. IE mandau, carnwenhan, vajra, and aeneas combine to 1 dagger but has text for brd: for the bard stats of carnwenhan that only activate when you are brd main and thf: for stats that only activate when thf main.

    I'm a REMAA brd and in the process of finishing my yag for whm.

    for those that don't have relic equivalent it's 1 less wep to make, so doesn't that save them time/gil. That's just the nature of the weps since SE piecemealed it together.

    Geo and rune would combine Aeonics and Ergon, so less work for them. I know rune's would probably love a combined lionheart and epeolatry.
    (0)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 06-29-2017 at 11:56 AM.

  9. 06-29-2017 05:32 PM

  10. #19
    Player ashstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    24
    Character
    Javhec
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Marada View Post
    I'm building 3 right now and taking my time with it. I don't care for elitest views either since most of them have tree stumps shoved up their rectum. But either way, the 2 into 1 would be okay in some cases, I think something like that could work, but you'd have to be prepared for some major backlash from the community that doesn't have any REMA and doesn't have the time to put in to building them quick enough. The balance game is the issue, not your idea. Knowing a 2 into 1 is better than what I thought when it was All into 1. So if that works, cool, but the game needs some balance before that can happen.
    Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it. I agree with the balance issue, but it hasnt been done in 15 years, I dont think that specifically will happen. However, I believe we have way too many ultimate weapons, merging weapon skill flexibility from a REM and ultimate skillchain would be pretty neat.

    This is directed to other people saying how hard it is to build a REM: Anyone that can spam everyday for 3 hours ambuscade in Vol 1 Normal and Vol2 VD with a group for a couple months can build a relic for sure. A mythic would require more patience, but alternating between salvage and ambuscade totally doable. Boring yes, but doable. There is tenzen spam, manaburning vagary, spamming high demand union nm for pop items. At this point of the game, there are no excuses for not building one for your MAIN job. As a loldrg I can solo D tenzen, and VD on a good day with trust campaign, I believe other jobs should be able to do the same with practice.

    This isnt about being elitist, it just about me and maybe some players wanting to have the best equipment possible for the one job they enjoy playing the most. Sorry, if it sounded like that, but the jelly mayority that hasn't built a single one is offering most of the feedback. This isnt helpful to get an accurate case of the potential approval for this idea from the community that possesses these items.

    However, thank very much for all the replies.
    (0)
    Last edited by ashstar; 06-29-2017 at 09:53 PM.

  11. #20
    Player Urmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    447
    Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    4 relics, 4 empyrean, 1 ergon, 2 mythics (and another that will be done as soon as I stop being lazy and farm the znms) and aside from the ergon that SE refuses to glow but keeps the higher requirements that the others have to do to glow and the shields which I'm working on they all glow... and well while it is a neet idea it's also as a lot have mentioned has a lot of problems with implementation; from many jobs not being on sets, to some only having 1 really, to differing weapon types to not being weapons at all. And all the well we can make allowances and oh well for thems and everything is just going to cause imbalances and piss the ones that get shorted off
    (1)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast