Just make a macro that switches between them, problem solved
    (0)

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The only way I see a way for them to do this is, have a 3 tier quest line, hand in any relic, then mythic and a emperian after for a cape or something gear like.
    Having that give you a purple glow or flashing your aura between the 3 colors.
    Outside that idk how to make snowflake status work for you.
    (0)

Character
    Kishr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Hand in just to show npc, not lose weapons is what I meant.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I love my Relics and Empys the way they are, and it wouldn't affect me if they added a merge option because I would just choose to "not merge" my weapons. So I'm not torching your suggestion here.

But I'm looking at this from a Lore perspective, and it seems problematic to me. Relics, Mythics, and Empyreans are all from different aspects of Lore, different areas and in the case of Empys (and in a certain sense Relics) they are even from different dimensions.

The status of legendary weapons is not just physical loot, it is tied to the Lore storylines and mythology of the expansion areas.

In some senses they are like alien artefacts, obtained by spending a lot of time in "unregulated space" ie. zones that are harmful to normal mortals. Empys for example are forged from Boss items that are obtained in zones where traverser stones are required, and "physical stress on your body" prevents you from actually living in those areas permanently, according to the game Lore.

Mythics are tied to TOAU Deep Lore, and I always believed that TOAU has some really weird Old Magicks that are woven into the very fabric of the landscape itself.

Even the Oboro 119 Afterglow reforging of RME requires different specific stones for each class of weapons, presumably this signifies that the weapons are reforged in very strict ways that are unique to each class of legendary weapon.

So what I'm saying is that just from a Lore point of view, RME are based on very old magicks, unexplainable mystical dimensions, and they are all unique and different. So how could a blacksmith combine three such legendary weapons, when they are made from such vastly different and unique materials obtained from areas that are literally worlds apart.
    (3)

Character
    Javhec
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I love my Relics and Empys the way they are, and it wouldn't affect me if they added a merge option because I would just choose to "not merge" my weapons. So I'm not torching your suggestion here.

But I'm looking at this from a Lore perspective, and it seems problematic to me. Relics, Mythics, and Empyreans are all from different aspects of Lore, different areas and in the case of Empys (and in a certain sense Relics) they are even from different dimensions.

The status of legendary weapons is not just physical loot, it is tied to the Lore storylines and mythology of the expansion areas.

In some senses they are like alien artefacts, obtained by spending a lot of time in "unregulated space" ie. zones that are harmful to normal mortals. Empys for example are forged from Boss items that are obtained in zones where traverser stones are required, and "physical stress on your body" prevents you from actually living in those areas permanently, according to the game Lore.

Mythics are tied to TOAU Deep Lore, and I always believed that TOAU has some really weird Old Magicks that are woven into the very fabric of the landscape itself.

Even the Oboro 119 Afterglow reforging of RME requires different specific stones for each class of weapons, presumably this signifies that the weapons are reforged in very strict ways that are unique to each class of legendary weapon.

So what I'm saying is that just from a Lore point of view, RME are based on very old magicks, unexplainable mystical dimensions, and they are all unique and different. So how could a blacksmith combine three such legendary weapons, when they are made from such vastly different and unique materials obtained from areas that are literally worlds apart.
    This is one of the best points provided.

However, shame on the people on this game that can't get weapons. Calling people snowflakes out of jealousy is disgusting. You guys should be ashamed that in 15 years, you guys are not 1337 enough. Quit already plebs! calling us multiple REMAs snowflakes. The 1% will not stand for this.

Let's restate this, how about taking the TP penalty upon swapping REMA weapons and allow afterglow stacking? Then, they can be easily macro'ed in without loosing both tp and glow. I mean after investing so much time and effort, this snowflake wants to stand out.
    (1)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    As someone that doesn't have REMA, I can get behind an idea like this. As the investment in getting one, let alone multiple is quite significant. I never had much of a chance to get one until recently due to time constraints and also my main being drg which has never been a highly sought after job. Though getting one has been a goal for me for a long time and still is.

The main reason I can get behind something like this, is a number of REMA owners worked very hard and invested a lot of time in getting their equipment. After all, remember how long it used to take to get a completed Relic. SE honoring this investment, is one of the main reasons I have always preferred FFXI over other MMOs like WoW, and why I was very nervous when Adoulin came out and initially there was no means of getting ilvl versions of RME. FFXI is one of the few where ones investment in getting legendary gear was not obsoleted when a new expansion came out that turned all old gear into trash. Using WoW as an example, just about every time a new expansion comes out the new junk quest greens that everyone can get are on par or better than the old end game dungeon gear. Which quickly kills off any desire to strive to have good gear as it means nothing once the next expansion comes out, and people are given their new better junk items that can outclass the old good gear.

Quote Originally Posted by ashstar View Post
    However, shame on the people on this game that can't get weapons. Calling people snowflakes out of jealousy is disgusting. You guys should be ashamed that in 15 years, you guys are not 1337 enough. Quit already plebs! calling us multiple REMAs snowflakes. The 1% will not stand for this.
    I would likely rephrase this, as there could be any number of reasons why one has not been able to get a REMA. Though the shame should indeed be on those that are unwilling to invest in getting one and expecting their other options to be competitive with something that takes a lot more investment to get. But those that have worked and invested a lot of time into getting REMA are definitely not snowflakes, as if they were they would not have lasted long enough to get their REMA and they will do just fine irregardless of if there is something added for owning multiples REMA or not.

The snowflakes are the ones that expect the world to give them everything on a silver platter and melt when hit with any kind of adversity. As they have forgotten life is unfair, and no matter how much they try and force things to be equal for everyone but them, yet they don't realize how much their own actions have led them to be in their current predicament. Such as their unwillingness to work towards a hard goal or farm for hours so they can have good gear, leading them to be excluded from doing events in a game due to not having adequate or appropriate gear.

The one concern against this that I have seen as being valid, is that those who are elitist would then start requiring multi-REMA for endgame content. The funny thing is, most of the requirements that people set for events are there to prevent people from wasting others time, or the flip side of needing super-geared people to carry someone lazy. If you have ever tried to organize something difficult multiple times, you quickly figure this out. I learned it when I tried to organize CoP for some linkshell members back when CoP was still level-capped. So more often than not, if there is a requirement that seems unreasonable in place it is often due to it actually being that hard, or there is someone needing to be overcompensated for, or there is a desire to do it multiple times in quick succession. More often than not, it tends to be the last two, and over time people just start assuming that is what is actually needed, instead of trying and finding out for themselves.
    (1)

Character
    Javhec
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawklaser View Post
    As someone that doesn't have REMA, I can get behind an idea like this. As the investment in getting one, let alone multiple is quite significant. I never had much of a chance to get one until recently due to time constraints and also my main being drg which has never been a highly sought after job. Though getting one has been a goal for me for a long time and still is.

The main reason I can get behind something like this, is a number of REMA owners worked very hard and invested a lot of time in getting their equipment. After all, remember how long it used to take to get a completed Relic. SE honoring this investment, is one of the main reasons I have always preferred FFXI over other MMOs like WoW, and why I was very nervous when Adoulin came out and initially there was no means of getting ilvl versions of RME. FFXI is one of the few where ones investment in getting legendary gear was not obsoleted when a new expansion came out that turned all old gear into trash. Using WoW as an example, just about every time a new expansion comes out the new junk quest greens that everyone can get are on par or better than the old end game dungeon gear. Which quickly kills off any desire to strive to have good gear as it means nothing once the next expansion comes out, and people are given their new better junk items that can outclass the old good gear.

I would likely rephrase this, as there could be any number of reasons why one has not been able to get a REMA. Though the shame should indeed be on those that are unwilling to invest in getting one and expecting their other options to be competitive with something that takes a lot more investment to get. But those that have worked and invested a lot of time into getting REMA are definitely not snowflakes, as if they were they would not have lasted long enough to get their REMA and they will do just fine irregardless of if there is something added for owning multiples REMA or not.

The snowflakes are the ones that expect the world to give them everything on a silver platter and melt when hit with any kind of adversity. As they have forgotten life is unfair, and no matter how much they try and force things to be equal for everyone but them, yet they don't realize how much their own actions have led them to be in their current predicament. Such as their unwillingness to work towards a hard goal or farm for hours so they can have good gear, leading them to be excluded from doing events in a game due to not having adequate or appropriate gear.

The one concern against this that I have seen as being valid, is that those who are elitist would then start requiring multi-REMA for endgame content. The funny thing is, most of the requirements that people set for events are there to prevent people from wasting others time, or the flip side of needing super-geared people to carry someone lazy. If you have ever tried to organize something difficult multiple times, you quickly figure this out. I learned it when I tried to organize CoP for some linkshell members back when CoP was still level-capped. So more often than not, if there is a requirement that seems unreasonable in place it is often due to it actually being that hard, or there is someone needing to be overcompensated for, or there is a desire to do it multiple times in quick succession. More often than not, it tends to be the last two, and over time people just start assuming that is what is actually needed, instead of trying and finding out for themselves.
    I Understand most of your points. However, I am a dragoon too and that is basically my only job. As for all 75 content i shouted my ass off for all CoP, RoZ, ToAU etc. I never had troubles getting partys and if not, I would just make one. Money by that time, crafting, mining, and farming were options to get a relic in maybe 5-7 years?

DD always had greater gear requirements for some design flaws in this game. My blood boils when people just dont want to do the mechanics of a fight and rather have a naked blm manaburn it, than a melee unless it has 10+ gear sets, afterglow + godpowers. However, a relic now with the campaign, would require you to spam dynamis with thf with TH9 for at least 4 hours a day for a month if you are farming all from scratch. As for the afterglow, a month of a half of ambuscade with occational tenzens would land you afterglow.

As for the snowflake comments, there are multiple people calling me snowflake.

I agree that AG weapons shouldnt be a requirement for most content but the highest level content. For example, a hypothetical 175 content; I dont think its fair that crappily geared or averaged geared people should be able to win that, unless their skill is amazing. Only the best geared, with best teamwork should be able to win it.

In my personaly case, I am building the aeonic and finishing the empyrean for fun, just to have them all. Its a long term project, not something I WANT NOWWWWWWW. However, knowing that I wont be able to use both gungnir, and aeonic effects together is pretty depressing. I had so many plans on how to spam lv 4 SCs ; ;.

I believed there must be more people in this situation and I wanted to see if I was the only one with this idea.

Thanks for replies. I wish developers rep replied.
    (1)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I Understand most of your points. However, I am a dragoon too and that is basically my only job. As for all 75 content i shouted my ass off for all CoP, RoZ, ToAU etc. I never had troubles getting partys and if not, I would just make one. Money by that time, crafting, mining, and farming were options to get a relic in maybe 5-7 years?

DD always had greater gear requirements for some design flaws in this game. My blood boils when people just dont want to do the mechanics of a fight and rather have a naked blm manaburn it, than a melee unless it has 10+ gear sets, afterglow + godpowers. However, a relic now with the campaign, would require you to spam dynamis with thf with TH9 for at least 4 hours a day for a month if you are farming all from scratch. As for the afterglow, a month of a half of ambuscade with occational tenzens would land you afterglow.
    That is pretty much the same as I had done over the years. I just never had the time to dedicate to join an endgame shell to actually work on REMA, and had little luck getting groups together to do some harder things in a timely fashion. Between LS organized events falling apart due to people not doing their prep in advance, and many not wanting to touch some things without multiple summoners to astralburn it, made it hard going at times. A lack of time and needing 4+hours to get a party together for some events just doesn't mix well when playing a less popular job.

It took plenty of time to level drg for me either by asking party leaders if they had a spot opening up soon, forming my own parties, or just go do some farming with my flag up some times to work on getting good gear at the same time. Always tried to be doing something productive instead of sitting in town waiting for a group. Shouted as well as bugged linkshell to do harder content like CoP.

I was a bit stubborn, as I could have went to a flavor of the month job to clear stuff or let people carry me, but I wanted to use the jobs I enjoyed instead of spending time to level a job I didn't like and end up getting stuck playing it just to clear content or having others clearing it for me as it takes something away from it for me.

Compare that to the jobs like RDM back in the day, where they got bugged constantly for things unless they went anon.

But I do agree that something for multiple REMA holders would be nice to have at some point. As I do plan on eventually getting a full REMA compliment for my favorite jobs, even without there being something for having multiples. After all, ever since I learned Relics existed back in the day, getting Gugnir for my Drg has been a goal ever since, same with Ryunohige, Tizona, and Tipsumanti when they were released as mythics.

Getting away from rewarding those willing to put in the investment to obtain legendary gear, and going to the more common gear ladder approach where each expansion makes everything old worthless is something that would really hurt the game overall. And odds are if they did add something to for multiple REMA for one job, I could also see it accompanied by making some parts of getting a single one more accessible.
    (0)

Character
    Javhec
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    How is your server population? I am looking to move to another, since valefor is empty.

Well, I believe Relics are okay in requirements in current game (not when it took 1M to host dynamis), mythics need a cut on the alex, that shit is outstanding boring and annoying(nyzul, einhenjar, assaults, ZNM). I hate salvage and nyzul with a passion, Empys are just plain annoying, especially if you got chloris, then HMP then rifcinder/dross/ and afterglow.

As the previous guy, they do have a lore and such, maybe a quest witht he guy that travelled to all lands to make them will reforge them or some shit, or as i said: keep the afterglow and no tp penalty upon swapping would be enough. they can change the afterglow symbol to a snowflake to all I care. geirskogul spam to radiance (yes, please)
    (0)

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    How is your server population? I am looking to move to another, since valefor is empty.
    I may not be the best to answer this yet, as just recently returned after a longer break. When I do a /sea all I tend to get between 200-600 on weekday evenings (5pm-when I log off in MST), and saw closer to 1000 at times on the weekend. Almost all the yells I have seen are Japanese or in auto translate. I haven't been hanging out in towns as been busy doing RoV, older missions, and other things wanted to do in the past before jumping into the current endgame.

On the potential reduced requirements it could be something as simple as increasing the drop rates. For example, better drop rates from procced dynamis mobs. When I did clears for normal dynamis, and 1 valkurm, all on drg I got ~350 currency in total and not a single 100 drop. 7 near 2hr runs ,not counting re-tries due to various deaths from things like Chainspell Death.

As to what to unlock the potential swapping, maybe something akin to a magian trial from appropriate npcs involved in their creation to get a key item to allow it? Like say land the deathblow on x enemies while affected by afterglow.
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast