Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Is it possible to change Synergy Training once selected?

I find myself struggling when trying to make Fotia gorgets and other items with capped Synergy skill 80. I made poor choices when selecting Synergy Training levels from 0 to 5. (Thwacking, Pressure, etc).

Is there any way to reset a training item down to 0 so I can level something else up to 5?

Thank you.
    (0)

Player
    There is no way currently to change your training choices.

The devs told me twice last year that they were working on updates to Synergy, but no word since the AMA on whether they're still working on it (or any details about exactly what they had planned.) >_<;;

I suggest you make some of the Synergy Cuffs and rely on those instead of twacking since the cuffs' Affinity abilities have ~80% success rate.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I'm sorry, which cuffs are you talking about? Please explain. I'm not familiar with that hidden effect?
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    For example

Boneworker's Cuffs:

"Bonecraft: Dark Affinity"
    • Enables the use of this operation technique while using a synergy furnace.
    • Consume 5 fewell to keenly observe the flow of elements to prevent -based explosions.

There is a cuff for each craft that works for each element and can be worn by all. Definitely helps with synergy. Not as useful as the bodies but they exist and helps to lower the explosion chances when you want to have safer risks to avoid stopping to use yet more dark fewell, and particularly helpful with the really hard items to create because multiple elements are pushing 50+ with the timer ticking if you're without a cloth body for far superior furnace heals.

I can tell you with personal experience that I used cuffs with great success when I needed them but way more often than not they sit in my MH because I don't absolutely need them. If they are on me then I'll put one of them on but they are not a must for most situations. However, they are not expensive to make so it's better to have them than not to.

For the record, the effect is something like an advanced thwacking ability. It costs 5 fewell and the chance of stopping an explosion is increased considerably. I agree it's an 80% increase. That may or may NOT be related to choosing thwacking while training. I tend to believe it is because of thwacking training and that the % goes way down had you not chose to train in thwacking. It's been so very long but I believe I chose thwacking to train, well before I realized what the system was. Had I known I'd chose differently. I won't hold my breathe for SE to give two craps about fixing it.

So, in the case of bonecraft cuffs, you choose the ability and it uses 5 light fewell to stop dark based explosions. It won't work on any other element, thus it's useful to have all of the cuffs for whatever element you choose to be the one you want to have an easier time thwacking.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vold; 06-20-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Player
    Thank you for giving such a detailed explanation. Something to note is that a successful Affinity thwack reduces the impurity level down to 5%, but the high success rate makes it far less dangerous to push past 30% since you have no fear of explosions actually going off.

Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    For the record, the effect is something like an advanced thwacking ability. It costs 5 fewell and the chance of stopping an explosion is increased considerably. I agree it's an 80% increase. That may or may NOT be related to choosing thwacking while training. I tend to believe it is because of thwacking training and that the % goes way down had you not chose to train in thwacking. It's been so very long but I believe I chose thwacking to train, well before I realized what the system was. Had I known I'd chose differently. I won't hold my breathe for SE to give two craps about fixing it.

So, in the case of bonecraft cuffs, you choose the ability and it uses 5 light fewell to stop dark based explosions. It won't work on any other element, thus it's useful to have all of the cuffs for whatever element you choose to be the one you want to have an easier time thwacking.
    The Affinity thwacks from cuffs gain zero benefit from Thwacking training, which would make logical sense since they are not called "thwacks". I've got two capped synergists, one w/ 5/5 thwack training and the other w/ 0/0 and they have identical success rates for the Affinity abilities. Generally, you don't need every crafts' cuffs since the vast majority of crafts use 2+ elements. I have BC(dark) and WW(earth) which tend to apply to the majority of synths, and plan to make the ones for fire eventually. I also have fishing cuffs, and confirmed that they are garbage. ._.;;
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 06-20-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Wow, I had no idea! Thank you so much guys.

I'm concerned about inventory space, so I'll just wait for SE ...which may never happen.

Is there one kind of cuff that is more useful than others? or do they each minimize explosions of a single element?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Wow, I had no idea! Thank you so much guys.

I'm concerned about inventory space, so I'll just wait for SE ...which may never happen.

Is there one kind of cuff that is more useful than others? or do they each minimize explosions of a single element?
    Each only works on one specific element. I really only use dark and earth (tho probably gonna make fire ones eventually too.) Nearly all recipes are covered by those 3x.
    I just can't bring myself to /toss my fishing cuffs yet, even though they are trash. ;;

EDIT: Made the fire cuffs. :x Life is so much simpler now. lol (Still haven't tossed the fishing ones yet....)
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 07-02-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah I agree you technically don't need every single one of them. Basically you just make whatever you need, when you need it. I only have a few of them to this day as I made them as I needed them, and I don't see myself making the others anytime soon. I also was quick to make the fishing cuffs. That was a downer afterwards, let me tell you.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Maybe SE will one day uncap this silly problem once and for all.
    (0)