Character
    Guesswho
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 67

FFXI Constant Damage loss

I have recently came back to FFXI, from a 10 year break. The game has worked as intended until today, 6/15/2017. I went to go start leveling my 65 Thief. As soon as I am in combat, I start losing 100+ hp per second for no reason. Even when my tank Trust has hate and I am not being hit, I still lose life. Even if I am totally away from the combat area, I still take damage. Being a level 65, I went to several other areas (even low areas) to test if this was a just glitch in the Bostaunieux Oubliette area I intended to level at. It is in fact not a area specific glitch. I tried Valkurm Dunes and almost died to a low level gob, that kept missing me. I also tried Rolanberry Fields, and died to a low level goblin.

As soon as combat starts, even if I am not getting hit or near the mob, my life drops from full to zero in about 10 seconds. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    (0)
    Last edited by GuessWho; 06-16-2017 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Resolved, gear issue I was unaware of.

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Are you using Frenzy Sallet? That drains 100 hp and will kill you
    (2)

Character
    Guesswho
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 67
    Thank you Zuidar, I was. Guess I need to look up gear before purchasing it from now on, with hidden effects like that. Noob out...
    (1)