Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Whatever comes from this thread: All mythics need a relevant 2017-era augment to each respective job. Perhaps owning all of the REA weapons could further augment the Mythic weapon.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Re ; "why would you play on a small / empty server."

It depends what you are doing, if you are spamming Ambuscade then it is really great to be on an empty server because you have to go and kill 10 gutter mobs every five minutes, and it sucks to compete for gutter mobs.

On a small and quiet server, if you are spamming Ambuscade you can find a nice part of the world map and warp there for your 10 gutter mobs and you *know* that nobody will be there.

If you are building Empys it makes the process faster if nobody else is killing the pre-Aby mobs, and nobody is farming Aby pop-sets for the Boss you want to farm. It is really nice to be able to just farm stuff at your own speed without having to queue and compete for gutter mobs all the time.

But obviously there are a lot of advantages to being on a high-octane busy server too. There are advantages to both types of server.
    (0)

Character
    Lordzphyr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It does make sense there are a lot of ppl's that played this game or still play that want a harder grind I know it's crazy but hey they are out their and more power to them me I just want to get the gear I need to do end game and can't see myself doing it with these crazy 10,000 of this or 50 drop's of this and ppl's with crazy gear camping the darn thing.
    (0)

Character
    Lordzphyr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Dude bull crap I been shouting for help with nyzul and still haven't reached floor 100 you had helped some of us don't have it good as you.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefhunglo View Post
    I just want to get the gear I need to do end game and can't see myself doing it with these crazy 10,000 of this or 50 drop's of this and ppl's with crazy gear camping the darn thing.
    This "You need a mythic to do endgame" is getting ridiculous....exactly which endgame content requires a mythic to do?

I recently reactivated one of my alt in Abyssea gears, 5hr later she joined an Escha ruann party and getting clears. I didn't duo box carry her or anything, I just join pt on a brand new character in Abyssea gears, no mythic required. Why can't you do endgame without mythic?

If you're new or returning player, the first thing that you should do isn't trying to generate 300m for your mythic by slowly soloing on a under geared job. It's going to take forever for very small increase, and more importantly it's not fun.

Instead, work on gears that gives bigger improvement than a mythic but cheaper/faster to get. With better gears, get into groups/LS and build your connections, work on some useful jobs to fill the niche. Once you get into better groups or have better gears, you can make gil MUCH faster than solo in salvage, otherwise you'd become an undergeared DD with a mythic and ruin your rep in endgame community.....a bad rep ruins your chance for endgame invites faster than anything.
    (4)
    Last edited by Afania; 07-23-2017 at 03:38 AM.

Character
    Loftythoughts
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Dude bull crap I been shouting for help with nyzul and still haven't reached floor 100 you had helped some of us don't have it good as you.
    Well, how geared are you? Back with just normal 99 appropriate gear for Drg, I could clear a few floors at a time but not enough for 5 thanks to lamp floors. Now with +1 ambuscade gear, and a 119 lance from a unity NM, I had no problem at all clearing 5 floors a run, even with lamp floors. Cleared from 0-100 just this weekend, and I have to say the only way you should not be able to solo 5 floors is if you get two ordered lamp floors in the same set of 5, as only in the sets with 1 ordered lamp floor is when I got the 10m warning messages.

So curious what kinda gear you are trying to do this in, or if it is just a Get Good kind of thing. Best tip I can give is when start on a new floor, is pick a wall and follow it, and on ordered lamp floors make sure to keep track of the order you hit the lamps in. Maze navigating 101 - Follow one wall constantly, until it loops back to start then switch walls. Works all the time unless the walls move, and they don't in Nyzul Isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    This "You need a mythic to do endgame" is getting ridiculous....exactly which endgame content requires a mythic to do?

I recently reactivated one of my alt in Abyssea gears, 5hr later she joined an Escha ruann party and getting clears. I didn't duo box carry her or anything, I just join pt on a brand new character in Abyssea gears, no mythic required. Why can't you do endgame without mythic?

If you're new or returning player, the first thing that you should do isn't trying to generate 300m for your mythic by slowly soloing on a under geared job. It's going to take forever for very small increase, and more importantly it's not fun.

Instead, work on gears that gives bigger improvement than a mythic but cheaper/faster to get. With better gears, get into groups/LS and build your connections, work on some useful jobs to fill the niche. Once you get into better groups or have better gears, you can make gil MUCH faster than solo in salvage, otherwise you'd become an undergeared DD with a mythic and ruin your rep in endgame community.....a bad rep ruins your chance for endgame invites faster than anything.
    Pretty much this, I have yet to get up to Omen and the doing some of the endgame NM's in places like Reiseijima, but I have not seen a dire need for a REMA weapon except for maybe the hardest of the content like Omen. Work on getting geared up for Ambuscade/Unity Wanted monsters first, to get your most needed stats up to on par, then start going for the improvements over those, while doing stuff to farm needed items for REMA on the side.

I made a few connections since returning and basically starting with sparks gear + good old DD accessories. The connections have helped farm a couple of items for me. But you know that stuff is also a joint effort as they get useful stuff out of it as well, immediate gear for themselves and another geared non-trust person to help out with the harder content in the long run.

And the whole need "REMA for endgame" stuff, is either because the content truly needs it, or because people got tired of carrying lazy people who would not put in the time to get decently geared(as if you too lazy to get some of the easier appropriate gear, likely too lazy to go get REMA as well).
    (1)

Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Wait what is this. nyzul has been clearable solo by the average player since they raised the level cap to like 85-90ish. It will take time and unlucky lamps would kill that run but nowadays even in bad 119 gear even with 1-2 bad lamp floors should be able to do 10 a run and without having to wait a day for tags you can do this real fast
    (0)
    Last edited by Urmom; 07-25-2017 at 07:28 AM.

Character
    Lordzphyr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post

Yeah tried that first thing they ask if I have maxed out gear.
    (0)

Character
    Lordzphyr
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Wait what is this. nyzul has been clearable solo by the average player since they raised the level cap to like 85-90ish. It will take time and unlucky lamps would kill that run but nowadays even in bad 119 gear even with 1-2 bad lamp floors should be able to do 10 a run and without having to wait a day for tags you can do this real fast
    Well yeah been turned around and lamped most of the time I ran Nyzul.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4