Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

thief only can have 8 th on body?

is it true that thief can only have 8 th on body?
    (0)

Player
    My THF has total of TH13 between traits and gear. The initial tag value is capped to 8. (Excluding things like the TH Kupower which adds TH+1 after your TH value.) Proc chance is reduced if your current total TH value is less than the current proc. Since the proc cap is raised from 12 to 14 with gifts, the maximum TH that will ever have any impact is 13.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 06-09-2017 at 07:43 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

thf's max TH from gear/traits/etc is TH8, after that, they have to proc the mob to build it higher,
    the TH 8 cap is for all pieces put together
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    thf's max TH from gear/traits/etc is TH8, after that, they have to proc the mob to build it higher,
    the TH 8 cap is for all pieces put together
    TH from traits gear affect proc rate. TH8 is only the cap for the initial tag.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Correct. I have
    +1 : Thief's Knife
    +1 : Sandung
    +1 : White Rarab Cap +1
    +3 : Plunderer's armlets +1
    +1 : Chaac belt
    +3 : Skulker's poulaines +1
    +10: total gear.
    Add in the Treasure Hunters I, II, III, and JP abilities, and should be 15.
    But when I first proc the ability on target all I get is: " ... raises Treasure Hunter value to 9." meaning its beginning capped value is 8 as she stated.
    But I HAVE gotten up to "... raises Treasure Hunter value to 14." a few times. Haven't seen a 15, yet....
    (1)

it gets harder and harder to proc as you go up each teir of TH level, its why there's proc activation rates on abilitys and JP
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Correct. I have
    +1 : Thief's Knife
    +1 : Sandung
    +1 : White Rarab Cap +1
    +3 : Plunderer's armlets +1
    +1 : Chaac belt
    +3 : Skulker's poulaines +1
    +10: total gear.
    Add in the Treasure Hunters I, II, III, and JP abilities, and should be 15.
    But when I first proc the ability on target all I get is: " ... raises Treasure Hunter value to 9." meaning its beginning capped value is 8 as she stated.
    But I HAVE gotten up to "... raises Treasure Hunter value to 14." a few times. Haven't seen a 15, yet....
    It's hard capped to 14 as the highest proc assuming you have the appropriate gifts. It's currently impossible to proc TH15.
    (1)

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

so

does it hurt to go over 8?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriack View Post
    does it hurt to go over 8?
    Simple answer: No.

Long answer: Maintaining the highest value you can (up to TH13) will result in the statistically highest possible proc rate. If you have a total of TH8, then you are going to have a very difficult time making it up to 12 (since proc rate is penalized if your current TH is less than the current proc,) while if you have TH13, you will have the best possible chance of making it to 14 since your proc rate will not be penalized at all (14 is assuming you have all the related job point gifts.)

Basically, you want one less than your total cap. If you don't have either of the gifts, then aim for TH11 for best results.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 06-11-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Character
    Primitive
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Simple answer: No.

Long answer: Maintaining the highest value you can (up to TH13) will result in the statistically highest possible proc rate. If you have a total of TH8, then you are going to have a very difficult time making it up to 12 (since proc rate is penalized if your current TH is less than the current proc,) while if you have TH13, you will have the best possible chance of making it to 14 since your proc rate will not be penalized at all (14 is assuming you have all the related job point gifts.)

Basically, you want one less than your total cap. If you don't have either of the gifts, then aim for TH11 for best results.
    wait so let me make sure im understanding this: u are saying its ok to be th13, so i can go over the 8 cap in gear and rock out?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast