Character
    Khelder
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Tri-Edge: Why isn't Warrior on it?

I realize I might be a single voice, in a large crowd, complaining about a very small and simple oversight that most players would simply consider to be... pointless to bring up.

I have however repeatedly run into it this consideration while playing Warrior and That simple complaint is why isn't Warrior on the Aeonic axe: Tri-edge?

Many players might say, "who cares?" "Dual wield axe died in 2006, single hand sword is better, or use great sword and Resolution spam." If it is so weak, I want to know why WAR wasn't allowed onto the Aeonic Axe?

I understand that Axe is the Primary weapon for Beastmaster, but primary damage dealing with the Master instead the Pet is generally accepted as less effective for BST's.

Warrior is on Farsha, but none of the other single hand axe RMA weapons.WAR has Great Axe as it's primary weapon, it also gets excellent use from Great Sword. I have a Ragnarok and I enjoy using it! I just would like to see WAR's access to the Empyrean Axe be followed up with access to the following Legendary single hand axe; Tri-Edge.

From a gameplay perspective it would allow Warrior to explore an extra aspect of Damage dealing it used to have access to from single hand axe usage, an aspect that has fallen by the way side, that aspect is Darkness related skill-chains namely; Distortion, Darkness, and more recently Umbra. Allowing Warrior onto Tri-Edge would only really be giving WAR encouragement to access the Axe weapon-skills. The 500 TP bonus isn't anything WAR doesn't get from Fencer, Warcry, or saving TP a little longer.

Tri-edge has a great deal of Skill-chaining capabilities with Ruinator and Cloudsplitter in WAR's aresenal. Skill-chaining potential that BST has access to but is not really designed to capitalize on. If you look look at the Weaponskill properties of the Aeonic Weaponskills, Umbra is largely the less accessible of Ultimate Skill-chains at a Lvl 3 Aftermath, that Rarity could be adjusted through giving WAR access to Tri-Edge. I don't want to see WAR given access to mythic or relic Axe or their weaponskills, I do agree that those should be allowed only to Beastmaster.

Warrior has always been in my mind a "Weapon Master". A single hand or Dual wielding axe Warrior, using Tri-edge or a Farsha/Tri-Edge build, would simply allow those who play Warrior to have additional options on how to play the job at the end game level. Many would not even bother exploring this avenue of gameplay. I, however, have been repeatedly disappointed every time I examine Tri-edge. I feel there are so many ways WAR could make great use of this weapon.

I would like to humbly ask the developers to reconsider their omission of WAR on Tri-Edge. And, just maybe, change their minds by adding Warrior on to the weapon in a future update. It would allow an already enjoyable job greater depth with little threat in the way of over-powering the job or adversely effecting the games balance.
    Thank you for the consideration. I would love to hear any meaningful feedback the Dev's have on this topic.
    (1)
    "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." -Mark Twain

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Each job is on exactly one Aeonic weapon. You may complain about this omission but the tears have already been spilled by DRKs who aren't on Lionheart.

Edit: I was wrong about each job being on exactly one weapon.
    (1)
    Last edited by detlef; 06-15-2017 at 03:39 AM.

this isn't the only weapon with jobs emited
    (1)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The same reason other jobs are not on the other weapons.. They decided what weapons jobs were on based on their "weapon mastery."
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    The same reason other jobs are not on the other weapons.. They decided what weapons jobs were on based on their "weapon mastery."
    And yet SMN and BLM still don't have access to all the staff skills. I believe RDM is still missing a few Sword techs, as well. :/
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Khelder
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Lol, well it sounds like I'm preaching to the choir. Then to put it simply, I dont really agree with the decision and it seems I'm not alone. The end.
    (1)
    "A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." -Mark Twain

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    And yet SMN and BLM still don't have access to all the staff skills. I believe RDM is still missing a few Sword techs, as well. :/
    I know, not logical. Just seems to be the case.

btw RDM has all, bar one, Swift Blade (Well minus Mythic WS').
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Watts101 View Post
    Lol, well it sounds like I'm preaching to the choir. Then to put it simply, I dont really agree with the decision and it seems I'm not alone. The end.
    shouldn't end it at that, discussion is good, if we're talking about it, SE On rare occasion pays attention, albeit it'd take 1-2 years for anything to happen in 90% of the cases where something is gonna happen
    (0)

9. 06-11-2017 04:42 AM

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yes it's quite stupid for several jobs not to be on their appropriate weapons.

DRK should be on Lionheart (has A skill in Greatsword)
    WAR should be on Triedge (has A skill in Axe)
    SAM should be on Fail-Not (maybe, SAM is only C- skill but has Relic Bow)

I was quite pissed because WAR isn't on any REMA Axe's outside of maybe Emperian despite it being the strongest Axe job in the game.

BRD, PLD and RNG are on multiple Aeonics so it's definitely not a "one Aeonic per job".
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....