Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearstar View Post
    Yeah, I'm actually 110 fishing so my biggest issue is Conquest. I'm lucky to have an LS that will help with zones, but we've been trying to turn Tavnazian Archipelago from beastman all week but we've only been able to push it down 25%. Its been a couple weeks since it was nations held and I'm ready to give up. All this over stupid parsley. Why can't parsley be grown? Its used for a good chunk of mandatory shield upgrade recipes! T.T
    Just curious, but what methods are you guys using to try to take it back? The last word we've gotten is that the best way to reclaim a beastman controlled region is simple slaughter. Anything works in that case, even Too Weak. It's a bit diff when competing w/ the other nations, but running around with random Subduction spam seems like it should work faster than what you are seeing. :/

Of course, that info is a bit older (Feb 2016), and they've been talking about conquest issues on JPside for a couple months (and supposedly working on some sort of solution to at least counter the effect of BCNM losses,) so it's entirely possible that the kill values are just too low still and unpopulated/unpopular regions simply can't provide enough targets for a small group to retake them. >.>;;
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Bearstar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Just curious, but what methods are you guys using to try to take it back? The last word we've gotten is that the best way to reclaim a beastman controlled region is simple slaughter. Anything works in that case, even Too Weak. It's a bit diff when competing w/ the other nations, but running around with random Subduction spam seems like it should work faster than what you are seeing. :/

Of course, that info is a bit older (Feb 2016), and they've been talking about conquest issues on JPside for a couple months (and supposedly working on some sort of solution to at least counter the effect of BCNM losses,) so it's entirely possible that the kill values are just too low still and unpopulated/unpopular regions simply can't provide enough targets for a small group to retake them. >.>;;
    Just murdering everything in sight. So too weak works as well? I thought it only gave regional points if you got conquest points for the kill.
    (0)

Player
    Just murdering everything in sight. So too weak works as well? I thought it only gave regional points if you got conquest points for the kill.
    The exp requirement only seems to apply when one of the three nations control the region. If beastmen control it tho, that req is removed. I'm not sure that the info was actually ever officially released in English, but here's the link to the translated devpost info on bgwiki.

Also, beastman influence increases when a player homepoints after death. Unfortunately, that is also affected by players dying in battlefields, and there are many of those in Tavnazia's region. Fore example, it increases beastman influence when a player homepoints after losing vs Tenzen HTBF, etc. This is what they've been discussing for a while on JPside, and supposedly the devs are working on a way to reduce that impact and make it easier for regions to avoid beastmen control.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 07-04-2017 at 04:22 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Bearstar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    My ls tried this and the bar didn't budge that we could see. It was only when some lower levels came that it began to move.
    (0)

Player
    My ls tried this and the bar didn't budge that we could see. It was only when some lower levels came that it began to move.
    If you are absolutely certain that everyone had Signet active and that there was no change when everything was "Too Weak", then file a bug report (use the template if you don't want it auto-ignored.)

Also, have you tried messing with your furnishings in Mog House? There is a "Moghancement: Region" that increases your contribution to rank points. If you try this, I suggest using a Star Globe (strength 9) and stacking up any dark-based furnishings w/ 8 or less strength to push it up to 101+.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 07-04-2017 at 11:50 PM.

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Another problem I have with Cooking GP, is that there is nothing worth any ACTUAL guildpoints.

With most of the other guilds, you can get 15-20k guild points per day once you get up above Jman stuff.

With Cooking, you're lucky to get 9-10k and that's only if you do, say, 50+ of an item. There's a reason why I never bothered to gather enough guildpoints to get the two pieces of furniture from the guild. Ain't no way I'm slogging through that.

And almost all of the < Journeyman stuff takes 100+ turnins for like... a piddly 2-5k guild points.

Screw that.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Another problem I have with Cooking GP, is that there is nothing worth any ACTUAL guildpoints.

With most of the other guilds, you can get 15-20k guild points per day once you get up above Jman stuff.

With Cooking, you're lucky to get 9-10k and that's only if you do, say, 50+ of an item. There's a reason why I never bothered to gather enough guildpoints to get the two pieces of furniture from the guild. Ain't no way I'm slogging through that.

And almost all of the < Journeyman stuff takes 100+ turnins for like... a piddly 2-5k guild points.

Screw that.
    If it makes you feel any better, none of the other crafts are in a better boat on the lowbie recipes. Today, I would've had to turn in:
    Leathercraft = 93x Rabbit Mantles, 44GP/each, 4080 cap
    Bonecraft = 133x Cat Baghnahks, 29GP/each, 3840 cap
    Goldsmithing = 190x Copper Rings, 19GP/each, 3600 cap

A little napkin math for you on something that most probably don't even think about... Assuming you can buy the items from an NPC (since number of mats varies by recipe,) there are a minimum of 55 keystrokes per set of 8x items purchased and turned in.
    That means that it takes OVER THIRTEEN HUNDRED KEYSTROKES (1,306 if I didn't bork the napkin math) to turn in items for Goldsmithing today. It gets exponentially worse if you actually have to perform the synthesis using the recipe.

...just, no. No. ~_~;; My laptop is getting old, I've already worn out my down arrow key, this is insane.

GP trade-in value is directly proportional to the vendor sale price for all crafts, except for cooking btw. Cooking GP is supposedly tripled already, and the devs are on record recently that they have no intention of raising it further. I think the best solution for the cooking GP issue would be to raise the vendor price on GP items which would indirectly raise the GP gained. Even a lot of 90+ recipes sell for a pittance to NPCs when compared to other crafts.

(By comparison, today's cooking item was 22x Salmon Sub, 417GP/each, 8880 cap btw.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 07-11-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Well, if you're patient, you can just wait for those sweet 15-20k GP items, such as Lv40+ armors and weapons that you can buy with Sparks, or ones that can be farmed.

I usually skip anything that requires more than 10 turn-ins unless I can get it with Sparks and even then, <10k total = skip.

I also believe that they really should tweak the GP system... so that once you get Expert, you only get Jman+ items so you can skip the stupid Novice items that aren't worth anything whatsoever. I mean who wants to turn in 50+ hachimakis for 2k guild points? I sure don't.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3