Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Totally agree that the Regional System fails totally nowadays and it largely the entire basis for Cooking.

SE, if your re-vamped Regional System isn't ready simply do what you do with some rare events, enable ALL Regional NPCs even if the region is beast-held until you're ready!
    (1)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Grow some, and store it. We can't have everything sometimes.
    Ludicrous suggestion considering the vast number of ingredients that are sold by NPCs and which are unavailable in any other practical way: yes, some are obtainable as RARE rewards from harvesting or gardening but in such trivial quantities that by the time you'd manage to gather enough to complete the GP the day will have changed before you can turn in the food!
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    Do you even read?
    No, I don't read...

Are you telling me you don't have storage space over the multitude of characters you multi box with?

I'm cooking 120+ and never had problems with GP items. Use some common sense.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    Ludicrous suggestion considering the vast number of ingredients that are sold by NPCs and which are unavailable in any other practical way: yes, some are obtainable as RARE rewards from harvesting or gardening but in such trivial quantities that by the time you'd manage to gather enough to complete the GP the day will have changed before you can turn in the food!
    Aside from Paprika which has already been covered. Can you name 5 'hard to get' cooking related items that you cant obtain in quantity in an entire day? I'm just curious.
    (0)

Player
    No, I don't read...

Are you telling me you don't have storage space over the multitude of characters you multi box with?

I'm cooking 120+ and never had problems with GP items. Use some common sense.
    Aside from Paprika which has already been covered. Can you name 5 'hard to get' cooking related items that you cant obtain in quantity in an entire day? I'm just curious.
    2 for one, replying to both of your comments with one post

Youve never had an issue with;

Paprika (IMPOSSIBLE with san last)
    Miseraux Parsley (IMPOSSIBLE without region)
    Muara Garlic (IMPOSSIBLE without region)
    Bayleaves (IMPOSSIBLE without region) or San 1st
    Coral fungus (no one EVER EVER EVER takes over movalopolus so I'm calling bullshit on that) (IMPOSSIBLE without region)
    Todays item BEAUGREENS Can't be bought, no one ever takes over faurgandi. You can buy the saute from npc, but not the greens. Don't know if the guild restocks daily.
    Scream Fungus
    Flint Caviar
    Kitron
    Cerberus Meat
    Hydra Meat
    Behemoth Meat
    Frost turnips (before garden)
    Ginger (IMPOSSIBLE without region)
    Grauberg Lettuce ( I literally cant even find how you get it at all!)
    Snapping mole
    Red Terrapin

And no, being able to buy them from the Ah doesn't count.
    (0)
    Last edited by Khiril; 06-06-2017 at 07:15 AM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    2 for one, replying to both of your comments with one post

Youve never had an issue with;

Paprika
    Miseraux Parsley (IMPOSSIBLE without region)
    Muara Garlic (IMPOSSIBLE without region)
    Bayleaves (IMPOSSIBLE without region) or San 1st
    Coral fungus (no one EVER EVER EVER takes over movalopolus so I'm calling bullshit on that) (IMPOSSIBLE without region)
    Todays item BEAUGREENS Can't be bought, no one ever takes over faurgandi. You can buy the saute from npc, but not the greens. (IMPOSSIBLE without region)
    Scream Fungus
    Flint Caviar
    Kitron
    Cerberus Meat
    Hydra Meat
    Behemoth Meat
    Frost turnips (before garden)
    Ginger (IMPOSSIBLE without region)

And no, being able to buy them from the Ah doesn't count.
    In most cases I have been able to get what you have listed it. Whether or not its travelling to the city that has the relevant conquest or fishing up the items/and or farming them.

I'm not going to go threw each and every one of them, but a few examples.

Flint caviar comes from Emperor fish - easy catch.
    Ginger, common as hell from Mog Garden.
    Kitron - Mog Garden/Mog house.
    Garlic - I can never recall having a problem getting this?

As in the real world, things arent always obtainable (most food stores will tell you that).

Why doesn't the AH count, by the way?
    (0)

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    Why doesn't the AH count, by the way?
    It's not reliable and you're at the mercy of whoever lists it, if they even do.
    (0)

I can feel the OP frustration. Cooking in general seems to be stale mated. It don't help that many of the regions are never under player control, and that gathering/fishing fatigue usually curb stomps any meaningful attempts to get what you need done. I'm still voting for KI and Rearing Monsters if they don't want to remove regional locks and abolishing the fatigue system all together.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Easiest solution I do when it's a hard-forsaken item to make (which EVERY craft gets btw), is to do what we'd ALL have to do: go do something else and wait til JP midnight for the GP item to change. Problem solved. Are you that hard up that you cannot wait a few hours or so "OMGINEEDTOHAVEITNOW"-ish? Just decries of the impatience and ineptitude of flexibility of players nowadays that cannot simply (/wait) patiently.
    (2)

Character
    Bearstar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah, I'm actually 110 fishing so my biggest issue is Conquest. I'm lucky to have an LS that will help with zones, but we've been trying to turn Tavnazian Archipelago from beastman all week but we've only been able to push it down 25%. Its been a couple weeks since it was nations held and I'm ready to give up. All this over stupid parsley. Why can't parsley be grown? Its used for a good chunk of mandatory shield upgrade recipes! T.T
    (0)
    Last edited by Bearstar; 07-02-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast