Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Player radarbabyeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    62
    Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

    Luopan information.

    Can someone from SE (or anybody with conclusive information) please confirm the actual amount of Damage Taken -X% that can apply to a Luopan? I've read that the cap is -87.5%, but I think it was pure speculation. If this is true, then you should be able to cap damage reduction for your Luopan with just Idris and Geomancy Mitaines +3 (50+25+13=88%)... this would free up a lot of valuable equipment slots. Please tell!
    (0)

  2. #2
    Player Songen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    327
    Character
    Horu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    pretty much nailed it right on the head, alot of geo's idle in DT/refresh/pet_regen gear after capping pet pdt. since you only need handbell/geo skill gear at the time you cast the spell, you can idle in some really fancy stuff, some even idle with other pieces such as dunna (The +geo doesn't stack but the pet DT still works) and what not to make up for the gloves if they don't want to use those.
    (0)

  3. #3
    Player radarbabyeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    62
    Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I appreciate the response, but I was just looking for a concrete statement from SE or from someone who has tested what the maximum amount of damage reduction a Luopan can get is.
    (0)

  4. #4
    Player Mavrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    107
    Character
    Mavrick
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    This was tested back in the days when Abyssea was a thing. From what I remember all pets (bst,smn,goe,drgs,pup) were capped at ~87.5% -DT. Test was done in abyssea-altepa with +100% -DT from gear and atmas while pet is being hit with 1000 needles. Feel free to test it your self, its been a while and I don't know of any adjustments that would've changed this.
    (0)

  5. #5
    Player Nyarlko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,523
    Character
    Nyarlko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Mavrick is right. Players and pets are hard-capped to dt-87.5%, excluding immunity abilities (ex: Invincible) and redirection abilities (ex: Mana Wall).
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

  6. #6
    Player Urmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    447
    Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by radarbabyeater View Post
    Can someone from SE (or anybody with conclusive information) please confirm the actual amount of Damage Taken -X% that can apply to a Luopan? I've read that the cap is -87.5%, but I think it was pure speculation. If this is true, then you should be able to cap damage reduction for your Luopan with just Idris and Geomancy Mitaines +3 (50+25+13=88%)... this would free up a lot of valuable equipment slots. Please tell!
    Not speculation pet dt caps have been known for years. Think SE might have even told us how much since there used to not be a cap which was changed back at the tail end of abyssea

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Mavrick is right. Players and pets are hard-capped to dt-87.5%, excluding immunity abilities (ex: Invincible) and redirection abilities (ex: Mana Wall).
    Technically speaking those exclusions aren't dt but merely separate forms of damage reduction. Many many things can reduce your dmg more but they aren't dt so not subject to the cap
    (0)
    Last edited by Urmom; 06-14-2017 at 04:45 AM.

  7. #7
    Player Jakuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    363
    Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Not speculation pet dt caps have been known for years. Think SE might have even told us how much since there used to not be a cap which was changed back at the tail end of abyssea
    Indeed, I remember them mentioning it when BST was immune to DMG in Abyssea.
    (1)

  8. #8
    Player Nyarlko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,523
    Character
    Nyarlko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Not speculation pet dt caps have been known for years. Think SE might have even told us how much since there used to not be a cap which was changed back at the tail end of abyssea



    Technically speaking those exclusions aren't dt but merely separate forms of damage reduction. Many many things can reduce your dmg more but they aren't dt so not subject to the cap
    Right, that is why I mentioned them as exclusions to the damage reduction cap since they function differently and do not apply towards the cap. Figured I should block them before someone else brought them up. ^^ After all, BLM can currently attain an effective total of dt-97.5% during Mana Wall after all... (MW+ gear and gifts bring the baseline up to 95%, then the standard dt-50% cap applies to the remaining 5%, bringing total effective reduction to 97.5%.. Throw in a capped 35dmg Phalanx and your target would have to deal at least 1440 damage baseline to hit your MP for 1.... lol)
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 06-14-2017 at 01:43 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

  9. #9
    Player Urmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    447
    Character
    Urmom
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Right, that is why I mentioned them as exclusions to the damage reduction cap since they function differently and do not apply towards the cap. Figured I should block them before someone else brought them up. ^^ After all, BLM can currently attain an effective total of dt-97.5% during Mana Wall after all... (MW+ gear and gifts bring the baseline up to 95%, then the standard dt-50% cap applies to the remaining 5%, bringing total effective reduction to 97.5%.. Throw in a capped 35dmg Phalanx and your target would have to deal at least 1440 damage baseline to hit your MP for 1.... lol)
    Just making sure no one thought they were actually DT. DT has a cap, DT II/pet dt has a cap. Damage reduction doesn't

    Also Manawall is factored after Phalanx so that 1440 dmg hit would still do 35

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakuk View Post
    Indeed, I remember them mentioning it when BST was immune to DMG in Abyssea.
    Was mostly physical. You could get full 100% dt but I'm not sure if I saw any other bst besides me do it probably because it was very inefficient using 3 dt atmas and maintaining a very specific hp band with a dot on lol. Was fun though
    (0)

  10. #10
    Player Jakuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    363
    Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urmom View Post
    Was mostly physical. You could get full 100% dt but I'm not sure if I saw any other bst besides me do it probably because it was very inefficient using 3 dt atmas and maintaining a very specific hp band with a dot on lol. Was fun though
    Indeed, was hilarious too when someone messed up on Rani and all got charmed to keep claim and take all the hits with no risk until it wore, especially when you had other groups trying to steal claim.
    (0)