Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Delve II NM Drop Rates/Plasm Costs

Given that Delve II armors are outdated now, on the low end of the 119 spectrum, what with the Ambuscade, Escha, and AF+3 and +4 that are out these days, and now we got Su3 equipment....

Is there a reason why Delve II stuff needs to be so hard to get?

Last couple days, I was duo with a family member in Kamihr Drifts trying to get ahold of some Delve II stuff, some starter 119s for jobs that we only have sparks gear for, thusfar.

Not only does it take forever to get Yggrete Shards to drop, but when you do finally pop the mobs (some of them are just simply overpowered for low-man groups!), they pretty muc never rop what you need anyways. For example, the Raaz NM that drops the Qaaxo Gloves. We popped him at least 20-25 times and we got but 2 pieces of equipment to drop, and both times, it was the wrong piece.

I'd think about going to buy said piece of equipment now that I have the Impure Yggzi from him... oh wait, 150,000 Mweya Plasm. *sigh*

So let me get this straight.... the devs think it is a good idea for us to have to kill an NM 100 TIMES to get enough Plasm to buy the piece of armor from the NPC? Honestly... it's ridiculous.

The NMs in Ceizak, for example, you only need like 8,000 Plasm. That's very reasonable, given you get 1,000 out of the guaranteed bead drop. If it doesn't drop in 8 kills, you can go buy it if you'd rather not spend the rest of the week killing the stupid thing.

But then you get to Kamihr Drifts and they expect you to kill the thing 100 times (that's assuming you're solo and not sharing drops with other players, then it's 100 times avg per person).

Honestly I think that we should do the following:

1). Reduce the Plasm costs.
    2). Significantly increase the drop rates of equipment.
    3). Reduce the power of certain NMs and/or remove mechanics that make solo nearly impossible, such as AoE HP-to-One, invincibility vs damage types, etc.

Delve II equipment is aged, but it is a nice stepping stone to help a player get into Vol2 Ambuscade, but the problem is, it takes way too much of a time investment to try to obtain, so most players try to skip it and go straight to Ambuscade even though they really aren't geared good enough for it.

Same goes for Skirmish rewards; you only get 1 random piece of equipment out of solo/duo Yorcia Weald, and it's not easy to do on top of that, and trying to solo Ra'Kaznar is a joke (that stupid golem that unequips you and makes it so you can't re-equip yourself is just stupid) AND to boot, you almost never get Pulchridopt Wings or even worse, Vials of Transmelange to make the Yorcia Gear (that you get very little of) 119.

We need new/improved ways to go from Sparks gear up to Ambuscade/Escha, and buffing Delve II rewards so that it is worth it for the solo player to do in their off-time would be a great start.
    (0)

Player
    You can get something like 90,000 plasm for a full Delve clear, which would be why the prices are high. Drop rates inside are also much higher than outside. I always felt the NMs outside dropping the gear was a bonus to the main purpose of farming beads. All of that said, I would love it if the prices were lowered so I could more easily use for mules.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Why the heck are you farming Delve that way? Get the kill so you can get the KI, then farm Delve 1 or 2 runs for plasm and spend that plasm on buying those items from NPC. One Tojil clear is 70K Plasm and takes like 15 minutes for a good team, 20 for a bad one.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    One Tojil clear is 70K Plasm and takes like 15 minutes for a good team, 20 for a bad one.
    and takes like 15 minutes for a good team, 20 for a bad one.
    15 minutes for a good team
    team
    Yeah, good luck with that.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yeah, good luck with that.
    It takes 3 people to enter, the other two can be mules, and all three gain the same plasm.

This content was not designed to be soloed.

In other words lrn2ply
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Vonroth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    See I get where you're coming from and unlike most of these ppl left who are still playing I'm not going to make excuses on behalf of Square Enix as if I owe them something. The fact of the matter is you're correct. The drop rate for today's old gear and plasm cost is outrageous in 2017. That's that. For gear anyways. The only real reason someone would do a delve nowadays is for a T3 pop in Escha-Sky. My only advice to transfer servers. I'm on Asura and I'd be more than happy to help you guys get gear if only to get your foot in the door, but as far as the topic of your thread I completely agree. This is a big reason this game can't keep a new or returning player hooked. They look at all the silliness they'll need to do just to have fun or make friends and say "Why am I playing this?" I'm not saying the game should be easier, but understand there is a difference between a game being "easy" and just plain ridiculous. Want to participate in something? Better have a REMA made of some sort and this is where ppl draw the line. You will always be playing with the same elite douchebags because that is all who will be left in this game and we're seeing this now today. Look around you cause the ppl you see standing around for days on end afk are what will be your only community.
    (1)
    Last edited by Jblauh; 06-01-2017 at 04:51 AM.

Player
    Double plasm campaign otw. ^^ Should be able to get ~150k per run.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”