Player

RoE QoL request: auto-completion

Like the title says, wonder if it would be possible if we can just have Records of Eminence objectives auto-complete without having to assign several as active objectives though? With the removal of console support, I'm really looking forward to this.

However, if any feels like this request are unnecessary/ridiculous, please state your reasons.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Many RoEs do auto-complete already, though?

Example: Level a job up to Level 30 and then find that Job's Level 30 RoE objective. Set it as active. Watch it complete immediately right there-and-then.

If you mean, to have the game do this for you... eh, no thanks. The reason why is simple: If I logged on today and had 10, 20 or so RoE objectives that I didn't know I had already finished, I might get sent over the 99999 sparks cap and I would be unhappy that I wasted Sparks, or Limit Points for that matter if I happened to hit 75 merits before it was all said and done.
    (1)

Player
    well...

It could work like how delivery box or FF14 version of mogmail does. The accrued sparks stops adding when cap, encouraging players to spend them before it resumes adding until it completely delivered all spark rewards. Heck... this is also how merits or job points does as well. You do have to go back to RoE npcs to spend them in normal situation anyways. You just stop accumulating sparks when it caps. Same like merit, I have to go to that goblin in Reisenjima to dump them all before resume adventuring. It also would be great if the game also have reminder system when your sparks (almost) capped.

I guess in a way, similar to what Challenge logs in FF14 does, although some of it rewards with currencies that will never capped in a very long run, like gil or MGPs. It does have sections that rewards GC seals (for example) which could cap quite fast, so we do have to spend them before it got lost.

In the end, I think it's quite possible to implement the idea, unless there's some system limitations involved. ^^;

There's also uncapping the sparks limit, just like many of currencies we have in this game, but again, only if there's good enough reason to keep it that way.
    (0)
    Last edited by BobbinT; 05-31-2017 at 03:00 PM.

Player
    I think there would be system limitations involved. In order to make it so that we did not have to set RoE quests and they simply auto-complete, every single action we take would have to be compared to every single RoE to determine if that action applies to it. As is, there's a max of 31 comparisons to make. This change would bump that up to something like 2,000 comparisons to check for every single time you swing your weapon, take a knee, kill a mob, cast a spell, etc... I kinda figure that's the reason why we have to set them and why there's a limit to the number we have set.

There is not a single "uncapped" currency in-game btw. I would love it if they raised the cap though. XD
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    I would love it if they raised the cap though. XD
    if only... lol

Still... I would love if the option could be thought over though, at least for one-time only RoEs.
    (0)