Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

The Orb's Radiance (RoV Final Fight)

I don't understand how, or why Wikis claim someone can solo this.

Seriously.

I tried this with a family member, and I read up all the stuff on the wiki, and we were only able to get it to like 50% with quite a bit of difficulty and I'm looking at what I've seen of the mechanics, and trying to crunch numbers and scenarios in my head, and I really don't understand how people think this is solo-able, and am starting to think people are simply trolling on wiki.

First up, the Red Gem Glowing means "stop DPSing or you'll heal it!" .... problem.... you get, at most, 20-30 seconds between the time the gem STOPS glowing (when it uses a ridiculously OP attack) and the time the gem starts glowing once again is, at best, 20-30 seconds.

Second, I'd love to know how you're actually supposed to tank the stupid thing, because the attack it does when the gem stops glowing is an instant-kill one-shot (unless maybe you are super-geared?) with very little or zero warning it's about to happen. It was hitting my Paladin in NQ Ambuscade and all the PDT gear I could find, some 10-15% or so, for 3400 which is a OHKO.

Apparently, Iroha will only revive the group leader, which was me at the time, and so I was forced to cast Raise on my friend to get her back up, and then we'd wait the 3 minutes for my weak and she'd wait 5 minutes for her weak and we'd then try again. Of course, it keeps healing back because you know, how are you supposed to get Trusts to stop attacking the stupid thing while the gem's glowing? And of course, again, 20-30 seconds of DPS time between the glowing gem blah blah. And no, I was not using Shantotto because I know the wiki specifically said not to do that.

The thing just does too much damage, and has too much HP, I really don't understand how somebody was supposed to solo/duo/trio with Trusts, and/or why people on wiki claim you can when you very much can't, unless they meant they had something like HQ Ambuscade/Escha/etc junk on, which they didn't specify that.

So blah.... if anybody on Sylph feels like helping a pair of people who have no linkshell, and no jobs that a linkshell would actually want to take to anything (well, I have a BLU, but it's not very well geared yet due to the lack of said LS)... I could even be willing to pay or something but I would really like to get this done and out of the way.
    (0)

Player
    It is actually an easy solo. The problem being, anyone that would actually need the fight, probably can't solo it.

Wish I had something constructive to say but nope. Hope someone throws you an assist.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Well I am reading over the testimonials of people soloing it in 119 AF and junk... and I can see a few things they claimed to have done differently. I suppose I could go pick up AA EV, I'm reading up on that now. I'm reading a different wiki page now, and it sounds like Shantotto is something you WANT out, didn't know it does Magic and Physical Absorb separately (how you were supposed to know what it was actually doing, I have no idea, you just see random "blah blah is healed for blah blah" randomly).

Meh. Still a stupid fight, and given the low population on some servers, think it ought to be brought down a peg, because seriously as you said, most of those who still need it, are the lowbie guys who don't have connections, and the higher ups (if there are very many on low pop servers) don't feel like using their time.

Question is, though, is Ark Angels II Very Easy do-able with just 2 people (and can you call Trusts? wiki says I can so that's good)? It should be because it claims it's an Item-Level 113 fight.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aysha; 05-29-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Player
    It absorbs after a certain move, the wiki page should explain it.

Begins absorbing damage after using Primordial Surge, an AoE move which drains 300~700 HP from all players and upwards of over 3,000 HP from Iroha.

The gem on its head will glow red during this phase.
    Phase will end after using Waning Vigor.
    The damage increases in power as the Cloud of Darkness absorbs damage. If players do not cease dealing damage during this phase they will be one-shotted.
    This absorb phase may be canceled by dispelling the buffs it absorbs. Verification Needed
    At >25% Waning Vigor is replaced by a stronger version of the same move named Expunge which also is a full dispel.
    Yes, the AAII fights are (very) easy. You can do the VE option and get the trust, extremely easily done. You have PLD, at the very worst you can stay in your ambu nq set and tickle them to death, you can't really possibly lose.
    (0)
    Last edited by Khiril; 05-29-2017 at 11:59 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Well I am reading over the testimonials of people soloing it in 119 AF and junk... and I can see a few things they claimed to have done differently. I suppose I could go pick up AA EV, I'm reading up on that now. I'm reading a different wiki page now, and it sounds like Shantotto is something you WANT out, didn't know it does Magic and Physical Absorb separately (how you were supposed to know what it was actually doing, I have no idea, you just see random "blah blah is healed for blah blah" randomly).

Meh. Still a stupid fight, and given the low population on some servers, think it ought to be brought down a peg, because seriously as you said, most of those who still need it, are the lowbie guys who don't have connections, and the higher ups (if there are very many on low pop servers) don't feel like using their time.

Question is, though, is Ark Angels II Very Easy do-able with just 2 people (and can you call Trusts?)? It should be because it claims it's an Item-Level 113 fight.
    You want Shantotto II, not I. II is a beast, I is meh. (ShanII is 300 login pts atm if you don't have her already.)
    You are supposed to pay attention to absorbs to figure out what the conditions are for them. That's what the people who update the wikis did. I would consider getting some EZ/ER gear first if your best stuff is currently reforges. If you are melee-onry atm, you might want to level a ranged job too. I know a lot of ppl hate this suggestion, but it should take only 6-8hrs to do so once you have LBs done. ^^;;

Doing the AA fights on VE counts toward the RoE quest completion to get the ciphers. Like the vast majority of things, easier if you can fight from range to avoid any AOEs of course, but I don't remember AAEV being tricky at all. (Stupid AATT is the annoying one with all his random poofing.)
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Well, I'll start by picking up EV (and getting Amchuchu too, didn't realize he's available right now! lol, glad I decided to randomly look this stuff up), and I'll try some of the strategies seen on the page and see if it doesn't work a bit better.
    (0)

Player
    Well, I'll start by picking up EV (and getting Amchuchu too, didn't realize he's available right now! lol, glad I decided to randomly look this stuff up), and I'll try some of the strategies seen on the page and see if it doesn't work a bit better.
    IIRC, there are... 39 ciphers available for another couple days thru login, Extravaganza and the freebie box. Grab as many as you can. ^^ (Box has Moogle, Kupofried, Aldo and Fablinix, who are normally only available in May of each year I think.. They are totally free so definitely make sure you grab 'em.)

...and Amchuchu is female. XD JPs call her "Oba-chan" (Auntie) btw. Useless trivia ftw.
    At least tied for best trust tank (I prefer her to August personally,) so definitely worth the effort to get her.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 05-29-2017 at 12:15 PM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Oh, whoops. Amchuchu is a girl lol. didn't know that.

But yeah, we got the ciphers from the moogle box already, that was awesome haha. And the ones on the login NPC, esp Shantotto II. Bout the first Lair Reive I did with her and Tenzen, I was like "OH YES. This is why everybody loves her."
    (0)

Player
    Oh, whoops. Amchuchu is a girl lol. didn't know that.

But yeah, we got the ciphers from the moogle box already, that was awesome haha. And the ones on the login NPC, esp Shantotto II. Bout the first Lair Reive I did with her and Tenzen, I was like "OH YES. This is why everybody loves her."
    100% melee accuracy (magic damage) and hits like a 2h'er. Can do both Light/Darkness with her and even though she only casts T1s, they MB for more than other trusts' T4/T5... Try using her w/ low level jobs and be amazed as you are lucky to have enough time to swing twice before mobs fall. XD
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Mainly her double MB's, and on Reives, she doesn't seem like she gets the damage penalty everybody else does. 'Bout the first time I blew up a Knotted Root in <20 seconds I was like "woah...." because she did two MBs for 4k, then Tenzen made another Skillchain and she did another MB for 5k and the log was done.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast