Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
    Meh. Still a stupid fight, and given the low population on some servers, think it ought to be brought down a peg, because seriously as you said, most of those who still need it, are the lowbie guys who don't have connections, and the higher ups (if there are very many on low pop servers) don't feel like using their time.
    Helllllll no, the game's already been "dumbed down" enough over the years. I solo'd the final RoV fight the day it as made available using a mule equipped with 118 gear as MNK that didn't even have any combat skills capped.

People need to stop asking for the game to be made easier because their server population is dwindling. Make new friends on that small world you're on or move to Asura where there's no shortage of people running around accomplishing all sorts of different tasks at all hours of the day. Noticed over 2150 accounts online at one point this weekend which is more than I remember ever seeing at any given time over the last 2-3 years, free login or not.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Diavolo View Post
    Helllllll no, the game's already been "dumbed down" enough over the years. I solo'd the final RoV fight the day it as made available using a mule equipped with 118 gear as MNK that didn't even have any combat skills capped.

People need to stop asking for the game to be made easier because their server population is dwindling. Make new friends on that small world you're on or move to Asura where there's no shortage of people running around accomplishing all sorts of different tasks at all hours of the day. Noticed over 2150 accounts online at one point this weekend which is more than I remember ever seeing at any given time over the last 2-3 years, free login or not.
    Right, so people should have to pay $$$$$$$$$$ just to get past in-game barriers if there's nobody around to help.

*sigh*
    (0)

Player
    Right, so people should have to pay $$$$$$$$$$ just to get past in-game barriers if there's nobody around to help.

*sigh*
    Start making some noise for a server merge then. They've said that they will consider merges if there is enough demand for them.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Arknova
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    What Box are you talking about Nyariko? I'm trying to collect as many time limited trusts as I can.
    (0)

Character
    Aysha
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arknova View Post
    What Box are you talking about Nyariko? I'm trying to collect as many time limited trusts as I can.
    Red Box next to a Moogle in the 3 cities. In Windurst, this Moogle is right near Timbre Timbres Tavern (also near the Cooking Guild). You better hurry, though, you got less than 24 hours.
    (0)

Character
    Arknova
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Red Box next to a Moogle in the 3 cities. In Windurst, this Moogle is right near Timbre Timbres Tavern (also near the Cooking Guild). You better hurry, though, you got less than 24 hours.
    Thank you so much!
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I went in on PUP99/DNC49 with a my Robot on WHM/RDM frame using Karagoz+1 armor set, and solo'ed it in about 10 minutes.
    Most soloing is basically the same:
    1] Iroha will cast Arise and Raise III on you. She can take quite a beating AND will cure herself to near full.
    2] Remember; when YOU are weakened from K.O., your trusts are not! So resummon ANY trusts you can that can do either magic attacks, ranged attacks, or heavy DD, maybe one healer, and go in for just ONE HIT to make them attack, then YOU back off and watch them do their work until unweak again.
    3] Bring a few self-RR items for this and remember to use them. Then Iroha's AI can concentrate on attacking/self-healing.
    4] I think I died 3x during my fight, just keep at it and it works.
    (0)

several things to know if you want to solo,
    0: Expect this to be a long fight, under no circumstance should you rush this

1: make sure your Ilv is 119 to allow trusts level to be 119,

2:the mobs main attacks are frontal conal and its main WSs are AoE so make sure the tank is pointing the mob away from EVERYONE else and back line jobs move to max distance to avoid AoE attacks, alot of mp is unnessacarily burnt healing dmg that could have been avoided.

3:The WS to watch out for is "Primordial Surge", as soon as it uses this, its eyes will glow and it'll absorb either magic or physical dmg, the more it absorbs the more Damage "Waning Vigor" does potentually 1shoting any DD in AoE range including the tank. useing the dmg it doesn't absorb weakens its AoE attack to near nothing if enough non-absorbed dmg is dealt.

4: make use of your trusts,

**If your a tank, use healers and supports and ranged DDs and moves the mob away from the trusts, it'll be a long fight but will be well worth it.

**If your a DD, use healers that move away from the mob automaticly and position the mob and tanking trust to face away from everyone [after trust gets hate disengage, move to better place then engage to get tank in the right spot], if your DD job isn't surviving well, it might be better to switch to another supporting job,

**If your a enhancer job, use a tanking trust, ranged DD trusts, and healers that move away from the mob, keep refresh on the healers and help assist with healing, don't rush it and keep healer's mp high and the fight will be very straight forward

**If your a ranged or DD pet job, follow the basics as above but watch out for its absorbing stage and make sure yourself doesn't get hit with AoE's so healer trusts mp isn't lost, pets don't consume trust mp so just make sure you bring along pet healing items for bst/pup, smn is easily resummoned.

5: as with #0, Expect this to be a long fight, under no circumstance should you rush this if you are soloing/duoing, your healing and tanking trust is the important thing since this fight might drag on, but as long as you take your time, maintain mp for healers, people in AoE range are absolute minimum, and watch out for its absorbing stage, then you'll succeed

Edit: Majority of trusts do not continuing attacking if the mobs gonna absorb their attacks, so don't worry if you have a physical attack trusts during physical absorb, and don't worry about magic trusts during magic absorb Edit2:Trusts will continue to attack even if the mob absorbs the attack
    (0)
    Last edited by Songen; 06-05-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Do you still need the clear for this fight?

It says you're on Sylph and I can help you
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    Edit: Majority of trusts do not continuing attacking if the mobs gonna absorb their attacks, so don't worry if you have a physical attack trusts during physical absorb, and don't worry about magic trusts during magic absorb
    Was this changed at some point over the last year or so? Trusts weren't programmed to deal with energy absorption in that fight last I saw.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast