Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Suggestion: Augmenting Trusts

So I've been pretty big into FF:Record Keeper lately and one thing that has kept me grinding that game, including spending a bit of money, is grinding out new characters and obtaining their materia and farming for their rare relics.

I think a similar system could be nice to have for our trusts. Each trust could be leveled up beyond their current ilvl119 cap for minimal stat bonuses. The real gift will be a chance to obtain their materia as they hit leveling goalposts. These materia will increase stats, add regen, regain, -dt effect, and may unlock a special ability like 2hour abilities etc and or enhance their stats.

Materia could be earned randomly, or based on set amount of experience earned. Materia could also be earned based on 'bond' with master, so trusts you use the most will be more likely to drop them.

Each trust could have 2 materia slots, so materia earned for another trust could be used on a trust, with a limit of 3 materia augments total. This means, a party of 5 adding a 6th trust can buff out their 6th trust with 2 full materia augments.

A party of 4 can have a buffed out trust and a half buffed trust. Low man parties wil have to decide carefully as they have 3 materias to spend on a potential 5 trust with 10 materia slots in total.

I think it will be a fairly neat low cost way to add to the trust system and add some QOL improvements for people who use trusts without unbalancing the end game too much.,

Thoughts?
    (0)

Player
    Unfortunately, I think that nearly all standard buff types like the ones you list are already covered by Cheers. That would be a minus for the devs since doubling up on a buff system for Trusts would feel redundant, plus it would add extra layers to balance concerns. They've already gone on record that they intentionally/willfully made trust AI not-ideal (and prone to inefficiency in certain cases,) in order to assure that Trusts can't fully replace players. TBH, your idea reminds me strongly of the Evolith augment system given it's complexity, depth, and wasted effort. It would take a massive amount of work/time to build a system like this for very little return.

I do like the idea of buffing Trusts in a customizable way, but I would also personally prefer they use the dev time to fix existing problems or improve players directly.
    ...or give me the Synergy system update they promised me TWICE last year <_<;;
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The system shouldn't be as complex as evoliths. Basically in FFRK, each character earn special abilities at lvl 50, 65, 99 these abilities can be equipped by any other characters. Most abilities are ho-hum , like 'adds haste' or 'attacks twice but at reduced power per hit' but there's a few really good ones people actively farm for and build teams around.
    That's more of what I want them to do.

In FFXI context think of it more like 'blu' spells that you learn and can then equip with a max skillpoint system that can be tweaked for balance. My idea is summoning a 6th trust should allow players to easily buff that trust , but as you move down the scale of human players vs trust players, skillpoints cap remain unchanged so a solo player may have to be careful as to which trust to buff and with what ability.

It would be a nice system that encourages players to summon different trust to learn their abilities and mix and match abilities in their trust teams to add a bit more depth and buff them specifically. The 'cheers' are too general. For example I may want to farm up and equip -DT /regen/ haste abilities for a tank, or cure potency / conserve mp/ fast case abilities for a healer. But then, if my healer friend joins the party, I unsommon my healer, and reuse conserve mp/fast cast abilities and swap out cure potency for magic accuracy for a RDM trust.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dekusuta; 06-02-2017 at 03:11 PM.