Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    Both are 0 if you don't go in at all. And Gallantry is immaterial to somebody who isn't all that interested in those items. Shouldn't that it be obvious by now that the soloers don't care about Gallantry?
    Are we talking about soloers or people who aren't doing Ambuscade at all? I don't think anybody has a beef with people who aren't doing the content.

Again though, why wouldn't people want gallantry? Am I missing something, or isn't gallantry the biggest reason to do Ambuscade right now?
    (0)

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiril View Post
    If you dont care about +2ing gear through gallantry then don't do it at all. There is absolutely zero reason to solo this. it's not debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Again though, why wouldn't people want gallantry? Am I missing something, or isn't gallantry the biggest reason to do Ambuscade right now?
    The biggest (only) reason I've had to do ambuscade is gear. It's not that people don't want gallantry, it's they can complete their goal with hallmarks and not earn enough gallantry to be useful.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Folken View Post
    The biggest (only) reason I've had to do ambuscade is gear. It's not that people don't want gallantry, it's they can complete their goal with hallmarks and not earn enough gallantry to be useful.
    Thing is, gallantry and hallmarks aren't mutually exclusive. Teaming up is the only way to get gallantry yes, but it also allows you to get hallmarks more efficiently as well. There's no reason not to team up and that is the point I've espoused here and elsewhere. That's the only way to reduce congestion that players have control over. Requesting major changes from SE will yield bandaid results at best; it's far more important to change the mentality of the playerbase.
    (0)

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    Thing is, gallantry and hallmarks aren't mutually exclusive. Teaming up is the only way to get gallantry yes, but it also allows you to get hallmarks more efficiently as well. There's no reason not to team up and that is the point I've espoused here and elsewhere. That's the only way to reduce congestion that players have control over. Requesting major changes from SE will yield bandaid results at best; it's far more important to change the mentality of the playerbase.
    But there is no congestion.

Also, no one is avoiding gallantry. When I want something from ambuscade, I do the highest difficulty I can with whatever people I can. If that means duoing 11 runs on normal/normal then that's what I have to do. That means I get the gear and virtually no gallantry.
    (0)
    Last edited by Folken; 06-02-2017 at 06:49 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    But there is no congestion.
    A few things.

World: Leviathan. Ask any Asuran player how they feel about congestion and soloers. I usually don't have any sympathy for that server but it's a legitimate issue there. On Valefor, I want to quit and do something else when there are more than 1-2 other groups competing for KI mobs or if there are more than a few groups queued up ahead of me. Can you imagine what it's like for Asura?

Also, you sound like a new player. Have you been playing for the longer than the last 3 weeks? Ambuscade traffic was way down because there were a lot of popular campaigns going on. Ambuscade traffic is heavily dependent on concurrent campaigns. Traffic was at a trickle in May but it's going to pick up again because players know they only have a week or so before the June update hits. Players need to farm their metals.

Also, no one is avoiding gallantry. When I want something from ambuscade, I do the highest difficulty I can with whatever people I can. If that means duoing 11 runs on normal/normal then that's what I have to do. That means I get the gear and virtually no gallantry.
    Well good, keep doing that. A lot of players refuse to do that, and even ignoring the fact that they are slowing things down for everybody else, they are not even doing what's best for themselves.
    (0)
    Last edited by detlef; 06-02-2017 at 07:00 AM.

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    Can you imagine what it's like for Asura?
    As I've heard hundreds, if not thousands of times from asurans, switch to a different server if your current server isn't working for you.
    Also, you sound like a new player. Have you been playing for the longer than the last 3 weeks?
    I have been playing since 2004.

Ambuscade traffic was way down because there were a lot of popular campaigns going on.
    Or maybe Ambuscade traffic is down because there's no new gear. Perhaps you should look outside your social circles and realize that not everyone plays like you. Not everyone has consistent playtimes to play with their LS consistently. Not everyone plays with the same goals/ambitions that you do.

Well good, keep doing that. A lot of players refuse to do that, and even ignoring the fact that they are slowing things down for everybody else, they are not even doing what's best for themselves.
    If I didn't do that, I would have 0 ambuscade gear. You will not decide what's best for me.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Haha wow you took offense. Okay then, keep it up. Wait no, you're free to keep it up or not, it's not for me to decide.
    (0)

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    Haha wow you took offense. Okay then, keep it up. Wait no, you're free to keep it up or not, it's not for me to decide.
    Does my reply sound defensive? If so, I apologize. I haven't taken any offense. Try reading it again with that in mind. I've had to reply to others enough that I know that other people on this forum need other people's POV spelled out to them, so that's what I did. Did you have any actual reply to my comments?
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Hey maybe I read it wrong, it reads that way to me though.

As I've heard hundreds, if not thousands of times from asurans, switch to a different server if your current server isn't working for you.
    I'm not on Asura. Valefor is a ghost town just like Leviathan and that's what I prefer. I was just talking about Asura because even though I shit on the server a lot, it's important that the concerns of the largest concentration of NA players be addressed. Aside from that, there are still times (especially JP time) where the queue reaches a point where I'm starting to look for something else to do. And that's usually caused by at least half of the Legion instances being occupied by soloers.

I have been playing since 2004.
    Your posts tend to read like that of a new or returning player. You also seemed to be unaware of issues on other servers so that's the impression I got.

Or maybe Ambuscade traffic is down because there's no new gear. Perhaps you should look outside your social circles and realize that not everyone plays like you. Not everyone has consistent playtimes to play with their LS consistently. Not everyone plays with the same goals/ambitions that you do.
    But... There is new gear. It's +2 versions of all the 1st generation of Ambuscade gear and a bunch of rings. Not only is a lot of the gear very strong, you're limited in how much you can get per update. I'm not sure what all that other stuff you said was for, it seemed kind of personal.

If I didn't do that, I would have 0 ambuscade gear. You will not decide what's best for me.
    And this, why'd you have to respond that way? I was just encouraging you to keep doing what you're doing because it's a playstyle that benefits everybody. Basically team up when you can and do the highest difficulty you can. Do we not agree? I don't think anything I said warranted a "you can't tell me what to do" response.
    (0)

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    I'm not on Asura.
    Your posts tend to read like that of a new or returning player. You also seemed to be unaware of issues on other servers so that's the impression I got.
    I know you aren't asuran, but in my experience, asurans tend to assume they're the only server. I don't feel that decisions from the devs should be based on problems with a single server since there are 15 other servers that may not be having the same issues.

You also seem to be confusing new players with casual players. Again, not everyone progresses equally. What's easy for you to accomplish can be out of reach for others.

But... There is new gear. It's +2 versions of all the 1st generation of Ambuscade gear and a bunch of rings.
    Rings aren't nearly as good without set bonuses and speaking for myself, +2 gear is out of reach. I'm not willing to grind that much for a single piece of gear that isn't at full-power.

I'm not sure what all that other stuff you said was for, it seemed kind of personal.
    It seemed like you didn't consider others' point of view. The only reason you could see that ambuscade traffic was down was because of campaigns, despite inflated population from free logins.
    And this, why'd you have to respond that way?
    It sounded like a backhanded compliment. "That's a great idea even if it makes life worse for everyone else".
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast